“More Awesome than the usual Ritz” 5 of 5 stars

2nd Guest Room for $99
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
New York, NY
“More Awesome than the usual Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

In general I'm not a huge fan of the Ritz chain, but this one was fabulous. Very casual, but nice lodge feel. Right on the lake, kayaks, paddle boards, campfire with s'mores every night.
Restaurant by pool - amazing! Great food, breakfast & lunch were reasonably priced.
I did not want to leave, I felt like I was at summer camp... A very upscale camp.

This Ritz Carlton did not have the stuffy, formal, decorated like a grandma's mansion vibe that you can sometimes find at the Ritz. Nope, this one is wonderful.

I did a spa day there. The massage wasn't great, but the spa was perfect, so it was a good experience nonetheless. I highly recommend ordering the spa breakfast or lunch & eating it there.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This past weekend my parents and my in-laws joined my husband and I for a Mother's Day celebration stay and everything could have not been more perfect! Both of our parents live in Atlanta, so it's a quick easy drive for everyone. LaToya at the front desk was amazing with special requests for room types and Jan and Marcia at the concierge desk were so cheerful and helpful.

It's been about 2 years since we've been back and all of the renovations and unique additions throughout the hotel are just perfect. We enjoyed Gaby's, Georgia's and Linger Longer and everyone in our family could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was and how amazing the service was. If you enjoy dinner at Linger Longer Steakhouse make sure you ask for Matt McCabe to be your server...he truly made our dinner experience personable and memorable for the entire table!

Thank you for such a memorable and special weekend, my mother-in-law even had tears in her eyes as she was getting in the car to leave, as she felt the stay was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were invited here for a business conference. The setting right on Lake Oconee was lovely! Unfortunately our weather was not good. The rooms were a little small but really fine with a nice balcony overlooking the lake. The food and service were both excellent! Dinners for two hundred can be difficult but not here! Room service breakfast of cinnamon pecan waffles was to die for!! I would go back just for them! Spa was super. Dee gave me one of the best massages I've ever had. Indoor pool has a fireplace at the end by the hot tub. Very cool! All in all agreat place which would be even better in great weather!

Room Tip: Cabins lakeside are great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I had this place at the top of our favorites as far as a getaway place to go. The property is beautiful and all of our experiences up to this point were superior! However, after our recent visit and me becoming violently ill just after consuming food on the property. We were told that the property couldn't do anything nor were they even apologetic because I didn't submit a stool sample to prove it was their food that caused the sickness. They never asked for one or said that they would need that or I would have been happy to provide one as it was clear that 30 min- 1 hour after consuming what I did, I become extremely ill and was stuck in the restroom for an entire day before starting to feel well again. I'm so disappointed in the way the situation was handled and expected so much more from the Ritz. Things like this happen but it's all in the way that it's handled that makes the difference for me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a beautiful place! My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful, romantic long weekend at this resort. The setting is lovely, the accommodations are very nice, and the staff is very professional and accommodating. I highly recommend this resort, and look forward to returning !

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake! Beautiful views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here as part of a package to see the Masters and it included golf but no food. The property is amazing with lots of places for walking and a really great spa. We played the back 9 holes at Oconee course and thought it was one of the better 9 holes I've seen and I'd love to come back.
The hotel itself has super comfy rooms with nice bathrooms and an exceptional staff. Everyone there greets you each time you see them and wish you a great day or evening. We had trouble finding one of the restaurants and the staff member we asked for directions took us there in person.
We had breakfast both days at Gabby's and it was great both days with one proviso; my wife had asked for no onions or peppers on her breakfast the first day and it came out with them present. She informed the server, who did not take the order, and he took it back to the kitchen for a redo. Our waitress came over right away and apologized and said she had not put the order in right. Her food came out properly done and they also served a complimentary parfait with it. The food services manager also came over as he had seen one breakfast being served and wanted to make sure we were properly taken care of. He also only charged us for my breakfast and made sure my wife's was free.
We ordered the chininea dinner our second night there and even though they ask for 24 hours notice, we only ordered it that morning, they were able to accommodate us. Though it is not cheap we felt it was reasonable value and the whole dining experience on the water with the fire smoldering was great. We started with the anti-pasta platter and had the turf as our main which included one of the best steaks I have ever had. Highly recommended trying this for a romantic night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancee for little relaxation. The property is huge ...right on the water..and the infinity pool is to die for... I recommend the skinny mojito's yum! The walking trail around the resort is very scenic and peacefull as you unwind as you take it all in... the restuarant linger longer is 5 stars!! And the service is outstanding .... then walk back after dinner and enjoy a log fire while sitting the lounge listening to the piano bar....and ps... the golfing is great!

Room Tip: Corner suite facing the lake
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!