When you walk into the lobby of the lodge you see the AAA 5 diamond plaque on the wall. And you wonder can this place live up to what 5 diamond means. And the Ritz certainly does in ever facet of service. I do not ever take the time to write up a place unless it is exceptional and i think others can benefit.
I didn't expect to much before i went to Reynolds Plantation, but the service from the time you walk in to the time you leave is consistent, warm and sincere. I never heard the word no not even once. They staff did everything they could to make your experience one which you would want to experience again.
First of all, the beds. The beds were some of the most comfortable that i have ever slept in. The hotel front door bell staff made you feel so welcomed and took care of everything you needed promptly. As well as house keeping.
We ate at the Linger Longer Steak House. Our server Matt took care of your every need before you even mentioned it. It was my birthday and everyone made sure you knew they knew. We received a bottle of Rosa Regalia dessert wine on the house with the black forest cake dessert. Things they didn't have to do, but again its the little things that make the service exceptional. Food was also very well prepared. Had the bone in NY Strip cooked perfect the first time.
If you go to the spa and really need a strong deep tissue sports massage ask your Rebecca. She knows how to locate and unlock your knots. It was a wonderful massage after golf.
As far as golf is concerned, we placed the Great Waters, and the Oconee Course. Great waters is a great course that is laid out with the land wonderfully. However, its a 15 minute car ride from the lodge and the greens and course are not maintained as they should.
The Oconee course is in much better shape. Greens are perfect and it is right next to the lodge. If both courses were in the same tip top shape i think i would like the Great Waters Course. But the location of the Oconee Course coupled with their perfect greens make it the better choice.
All in all, it was all about the service that earned this place a 5 diamond, and the Ritz really delivers in a very elegant and sincere way. Makes you want to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton