“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Garden City
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I reserved a room to visit for St Patricks Day weekend. We ended up coming in town at 2am, after driving from Virginia. The smell of the room smelt like no one had slept in it in over a month or two. I went to the bathroom and there was mold in the toilet. It was sooo nasty we even considered sleeping in the car. Luckily we brought our own pillows and we took the top sheet of the bed and slept on top of the sheets. This is the worst hotel I have even been in. Needless to say, we only stayed that one night. When I went to go check out, I mentioned how nasty it was, and the attendant didn't say a word, just gave my money back for the second night. Even though it was cheap, I would never stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

First off allow me to tell u the place is very cheap 50 dollars per night. Lets start with the presentation when driving in the place look nice but it all crumbles apart when u enter the " non smoking" building the place smells like a bar while walking in the hallway you notice the walls are stained yellow. As you walk in to your room the place stinks of smoke dog urine and stank mmmmm lol as you jump into your comfy bed you see a small or somewhat large shadow crawling across the wall awww its a roch isnt that cute. ahh after a nice good nights sleep you want to take a dip in the pool when you happen to notice a metal table in the pool and some glass shards all right kids last one in wont get HIV,s after the vist to the doctors (if your staying in another night ) time to hit the sack again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Commerce ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The hotel is good in price but is so so in cleanliness I have stayed at this hotel a few times but the last time the room was not clean and the bed was nasty looking. The hotel is only 3 miles from river st and is inexpensive so stay at your own risk

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Garden City, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Let's start by saying that one of the rooms they put us in while I was cleaning the headboards that were so yellow I look down and saw a glass pipe of some sort took it to office and they bagged it up and moved us to another room ,that was nasty had throw up on wall in bathroom then another room power went out Icalled desk they sent security& he said he will leave them a note next morning by 800am no one I called they did not know anything about it they were rude@desk but she gave us another night free now I have a housekeeper in daisysuite playing load music till 1am and pipe under sink is pouring if we use it no one to fix it till next day. Garbage stacked on top of each other in hall way.However there are two people here that try so hard to help u the security and the night girl that is here on m t w .I will be so glad when this job is done here so we can go home . Oh and i had a girl come up to me and ask me for money only to find out that she stays here.Becareful here.

Room Tip: There are no tips, there are no good rooms .
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Omaha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Unfortunately we checked in and then immedieately checked out of this hotel. We were lucky to get our money back as we had prepaid through Expedia.The staff was considerate in letting us leave and getting our money back.

1. we got a NON smoking room and it stunk like cigarete smoke.
2. The carpet in the room was covered with dog hair and white spots that looked like spit or dog saliva or who knows what.
3. The walls in the bathroom were dirty and had dirt marks and runny looking dry spots all over them.
4. The one window in the room was dirty and looked like someone had spilled a soda on it.
5. The bathtub and loose caulk falling off the walls.
6. The general appearance of the hall ways going up to the room were unclean and smelled like cigarette smoke.

Now that all said this was a very inexpenive hotel at under $50 per day. The exterior of the building looks very nice, it all falls apart when you get inside your room. It also looked like it had a nice outdoor pool.

Time for carpet cleaning, new vacumes, and better cleaning.

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before checking in!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We had a horrible experience here. The staff was extremely rude, the confirmation that was emailed to us had the wrong address on it and we spent 1hr looking for the hotel. We called the front desk for some help but he would only say that they were near Walgreens. He was no help and extremely rude. When we finally arrived, we were not greated with even a nod. He just looked away from the task of faxing something and stared at us. I told him who we were, he acknowledged we had made an online reservation, and gave us keys. He finally spoke enough to tell us that we were in the building behind the pool.

Our room was less than stellar. It did not have the micro fridge that it was supposed to have. Everything on the desk had a sticky film all over it and the bathroom was down right disgusting. One of the outlets for a lamp was broken and the other lamp's knob was broken so light was sparse. The bed was hard and thin and the furniture was falling apart. However, we were going to suck it up because we only had to stay for the night to sleep. I only wish I had taken pictures of the room before I left.

Forget sleeping. We were woken after MIDNIGHT by an extremely rude desk clerk that said that they did not have our payment information. My husband and I were mad at this point. Being that we had not paid (or so they said because I gave them CC info over the phone), we decided to get back on the road and drive toward our destination a bit more until sleepy.

The best choice of the night was staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Kingsland, GA off of I95.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I want to spend a little time here informing others of what they may experience at a Masters Inn Hotel. My wife and I had decided to take a three night weekend getaway to Savannah, Georgia in May of 2009. While we were looking for reasonable accommodations in the Savannah, Georgia area, we came across Masters Inn Hotel in Garden City, Georgia. The price was very reasonable and near enough to the city of Savannah that we both agreed that it was the right choice for our vacation.

Upon our arrival the first thing that we noticed was that the hotel office was located in a Walgreens parking lot. We decided not to pay attention to this little concern for the moment, but soon paid close attention to the details of our arrival. After arriving at, and parking behind, the front office, we were greeted by the fragrance of sulphur and restroom urinal cakes. Stepping out of the car into the parking lot was a sensory overload, and brought thoughts of sewage to our minds.

We stepped into the front office of the Masters Inn Hotel and found ourselves warmly greeted by the attendant on duty. I now believe that this was an attempt to dull any sense of apprehension that we had about staying at the hotel. We were quickly checked in and given our key card. Once we arrived at our building we found that the security door did not require a key to enter. Apparently it had not worked for some time. Once we opened the door we were greeted by musty smells and very soiled carpeting. Ignoring this, we decided to proceed to the room.

We opened our room door, room 303 if I may add, and found that we were once again greeted by a wonderfully musty aroma. The first thing I did upon entering the room, even before unpacking, was to repair the toilet, which had been running continually for who knows how long. After fixing the toilet I looked around at our accommodations. Once again our hopes were dashed. The room had a king sized bed, which is what we wanted, but was less than clean. The furniture was well beyond worn, and the carpet should have been replaced years ago.

Once we were settled into the room I proceeded to place a folded hand towel under the door of the attached maintenance room to keep the bugs out. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room, which is what we wanted. There was also a coffee maker in the room. Unfortunately, there was no coffee, no filters, no cream, no sugar, and no cups for the coffee. My wife wanted to use the coffee maker to heat up some water, but was alarmed to find hair in the water reservoir of the coffee maker. We later went to the adjacent Walgreens to get instant coffee for the morning. We also had to go to the front office to get cups, powdered creamer, sugar, and coffee stirrers.

We left to tour the city of Savannah for the afternoon. Upon our return to the Masters Inn Hotel we found that the area was far less safer than we imagined. In fact there were only two other cars in the parking lot. That should speak volumes to the average family. We proceeded to get settled in for the night and found that the only hand towel that we had in the room was under the door keeping the bugs out. And, there were only two bath towels in the room. Thankfully we are a sharing family. The worst part about our bathing was the fact that there was no bath soap and no shampoo anywhere to be found in the room. Thankfully, again, we brought our own! Oh, and did I mention that there were multiple areas of peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom? And the tiles for the threshold between the living space and the bathroom were also loose enough to trip on.

The air conditioning worked wonderfully in the room. We definitely needed the additional moisture control in the morning. It rained quite intensely overnight, and much of the property had become saturated. Unfortunately, we were on the first floor. Due to the poor grading of the property, the abundance of rain began to leech into the hotel room. After 3 or 4 hours of rain there was a wet area in the carpeting approximately 8 to 9 feet wide by 16 inches deep. We had to move bags to keep them from getting wet.

When you stay at the Masters Inn Hotel in Garden City, Georgia, you can forget about getting a good nights rest. Between the parties, the running around, and the music you may just get 3 or 4 hours of sleep. From those that we saw outside at night interacting with security, it would appear that the hotel is the primary residence of prostitutes and pimps.

In the morning, after we gathered our senses, we decided to flee this abode of disgust. We packed our bags for a hasty retreat. We were pleasantly greeted at the front office. I believe, once again, that this was an attempt to dull our sense of apprehension. We left the Masters Inn Hotel as fast as we could, two nights earlier than we anticipated, and vowed never to return. The Masters Inn Hotel has become a mockery to us. We will now rate all hotels against the abhorrent standards of the Masters Inn Hotel. I hope and pray that many will read this and flee from any consideration of staying at the Masters Inn Hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Masters Inn Savannah Garden City? Share your experiences!