“Great Food, great service, reasonable prices, okay portions.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver bay seafood restaurant

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 204 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Georgia
“Great Food, great service, reasonable prices, okay portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was good but I thought for a place like this portion sizes could have been larger. The prices and selection were very good. Great alternative to Red Lobster and other chains. Still not the best seafood joint around town but still does the job for being a seafood restaurant nowhere near the beach.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jefferson, Georgia
“Home run first try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a coupon so we gave it a try and from the time they greeted us at the door till we left so friendly and nice. Food was so good! As Arnold says " I'll be back!"

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gainesville, Georgia
“Great place to et”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have been several times and every time we have not been disappointed. The food and service is always great. The staff is always friendly and wanting to make you very welcome. We have never had to wait for service. I would recommend this restaurant as one of the best I've had. and It's not terribly expensive.

• Visited April 2013
Gainesville, GA
“Very good restaurant- good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Silver Bay restaurant is in what used to be a Ryan's Steakhouse in Gainesville, GA. I thought this might be another buffet type restaurant so I had not yet tried Silver Bay although it has been open for a few months. I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant appears to be very clean, servers attentive and prompt, has two extra rooms that can be reserved for parties plus the main room. They have a pretty good selection of foods on the menu (can be found online) and they have specials at lunch, during the week and on the weekends....with better specials from Tues. thru Thursday. Prices are very reasonable. They are closed on Mondays.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Georgia
“Very good seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Silver Bay has four restauants in S. Carolina, this is the first and only one in Georgia. I have been here twice both times the food was excellent, the servers were very friendly and attentive. The seafood was well prepared and you get lots of it at a very reasonable price. The menu is huge, just about everything that comes out of the water is on it including fried frog legs. They also have steaks and chicken on the menu, but I'm not able to say how good they are or not. Silver Bay reminds me of a seafood place you might find on the beach somewhere. It's not a fancy place, more of a roll your sleves up and dig in kind of place. I'm not the only person that likes it here each time I've been here the place was packed. Their lunch specials at $6.95 are really good. Thei coffee was hot and fresh which is really important to me. When you're seated the server brings all you want of finger size hushpuppies. I very much like this place and would recommend it to anyone who likes seafood.

• Visited May 2013