“Great service, horrible food” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 188 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great service, horrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the second and last time I will eat at cheddars. First time I had veggie plate- was so drenched in butter and salty I sent it back. This time my mother wanted to go so I gave it a shot. Ordered a Bellini...was frozen without an ounce of champagne and half the glass was syrup, nasty. For my entree I got streak...it was so raw and tough I was too disgusted to it. The manager was nice and comped my meal and my mothers...her steak was also bad. Nice service but it wont go back. My husbands grilled fish was so drenched in butter he also threw it out. Also, restaurants need to keep on mind that when you call something "rice" on a menu it needs to be only rice. My rice had peas in it, so I couldn't eat it because of food allergies. I wouldn't know unless it was called "rice with vegetables." This is dangerous, you need to be forthcoming with menu labels.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool, New York
“Fabulous find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Fine food and great service! You've got to try it! Portions are high! Food selection is very diverse. Lunch was great need to go back for dinner.

Hiawassee, Georgia
“Cheddars Casual Cafe is well worth the "cheese"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Took my mother there for lunch today. Their parking lot is ALWAYS packed, but we were seated within 15 minutes. We go there every couple of months, and it never ceases to amaze me at the consistently great food AND service! Yes, I know they are a chain, but this site has the customer service plan down pat!

High
Y recommend the "Spazonia"

Georgia
“Quality of food and service has fallen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

When Cheddars first came to Gainesville, it was a favorite of mine. The last time we went, we were seated in the bar. The music was extremely loud, and it was cold and drafty by the window. As soon as the food came, I asked for a to go box, and took my food home. I won't be going back for a while.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“WOW WHAT A TREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Chedars is 25 to 30 miles from our house so not a likely place to go to often but on the other hand we have many times driven to Gainesville just to eat at Longstreet. We had never been to Chedars because our daughter had tried it some years ago and did not like it. However lately I have heard several others talking about how good the food is and how reasonable the prices are there. Today we decided to give it a shot and we were not disappointed. The menu listed so many yummy sounding dishes that it was really difficult to choose. I saw them pass us several times with homemade onion rings piled high like a volcano. I must come back with someone who likes onion rings as my husband doesn't. The portions were so large we decided that when we came back we would share an entree and add a salad for $1.99 . This would be more than enough for us making a meal for the two of us extremely reasonable. The sweet tea was fantastic and there was always a second glass for each of us on the table. I had a mini desert of red velvet cake and it was yummy yummy yummy a steal @ 99 cents and just the right amount. We will definitely be back!!!

• Visited April 2013