“Great!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Benning
Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina
PO Box 53323, Fort Benning, GA 31905   |
“Great!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We rented a medium cabin for a week while my son was at Airborne training. The cabin was clean and neat. The area was very quiet. There are deer everywhere! When we arrived, our cabin didnt have a grill. We visited the country store and they had a grill delivered to us. The kitchen is modestly furnished. The beds were comfortable. All the linens were clean! It was nice to sit on the front porch and watch the deer wander. There was also a firepit for roasting marshmallows. The campground is very close to Fryar Drop Zone for viewing the jumps. Great place and will definitely return if my son every returns to Benning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pecan Island, La.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and sister in law and I spent 3 days at Uchee and loved every moment of it. So relaxing and what a great cabin. Would go back tomorrow if possible

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed here and rented an RV. Very clean but beds were extremely hard and pillows were over a foot thick. Had to get new ones that were flatter. Several nights we were woken up to large airplanes and helicopters flying over us. Great value! Clean pool.

• Stayed June 2012
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My family (6 of us plus my son in the Army) came from AZ for my son's Turning Blue and Graduation ceremonies. The cabin was clean and big with lots of towels and blankets. It was like coming home. The kitchen table was super big and it fit all of us. The only issue (which was really a non issue) was there was no cookie sheet to cook biscuits. :( We had a problem with one of our pots. I called the office and they sent us an entire brand new set of pots and pans! Be prepared to spend a lot of money on groceries if you buy at Rainbow Market down the street. Milk was over $4! We drove into town to get our groceries. We can' wait to come back again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Parma, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I came to Ft. Benning to visit my daughter for the weekend. I needed a place to stay and she had suggested Uchee Creek campground and it's cabins. I have to admit that i was pretty impressed. The cabin was roomy and very clean with all the amenities of home. I am planning another trip this April with my wife for the birth of our first grandchild and if there is room we will be staying there again. Good job Uchee Creek and staff.

Room Tip: If all the cabins are as good as the one I stayed in, you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stay in a log cabin 3 years ago and had to move because it was roach infested. We decided that we would give it another try with the camper and it was roach infested also.This is no way to treat soldiers and their family. This suppose to be a restful trip, but instead I stayed up all night fighting off the roaches.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was a wonderful place to stay for my husband's bct graduation. It was nice for my two small children to be able to play and yell and not worry about bothering people downstairs. It is clean and supplied with all the bare essentials. I'd advise to buy food, papertowels, and grilling gear should you choose to cook out. I would stay here when I go again in a month but they are already booked. So, book EARLY. The only negative was very poor cell service if I got any at all.

Room Tip: Book as soon as possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina? Share your experiences!