“Kindness of Strangers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Forsyth

Days Inn Forsyth
You added Days Inn Forsyth to your Saves list
Days Inn Forsyth
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   343 N Lee St, Interstate Highway 75 & GA Highway 83 at exit 187, Forsyth, GA 31029   |
Hotel deals
“Kindness of Strangers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I can't thank Mike at Days Inn - Forsyth, GA enough. My husband and I
stayed overnight late on December 27th. We were greeted with charm
and courtesy after a long days drive from Chicago. The room was clean
and very comfortable. The following morning we had a delicious breakfast
and checked out. After driving 3 hours we discovered that we accidentally
left our bag at the front desk when checking out. We called and Mike said
that he had it, would put it in a box for us and suggested we call FedEx for
pick-up. We did exactly what Mike suggested and the following morning,
December 28th, outside the door of our FL home was the bag with all of
our items...including our homemade chocolate chip cookies! We are so
grateful to Mike and his kindness. Mike, if you are reading this...thank you,
thank you, thank you!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
DaysForsyth, Manager at Days Inn Forsyth, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We are always happy to go the extra distance for our customers, and we understand how important the things we take traveling are to us. It was our pleasure assisting you and we hope that you had a fun, safe trip to Florida and that you come stay at our hotel again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

This was an overnight stop on our way to FL. Driving until 7:30 PM, we were ready to be quiet and comfy. This hotel brought us both. The quality of the bedding and towels was pleasing. The room was clean. The continental breakfast had many offerings. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
If we are lucky enough to pass that way next winter we'll stop in, again, for the night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Hands down. I walked in and was there for all of 5 minutes before I felt like I had bugs crawling on me. I had to stay in this hotel for training and my room was paid for by the state of Georgia. Not even that makes what I experienced here okay. I'm afraid of catching a staph infection or some other nasty disease. The road noise kept me awake all night long, as did the high pitched squealing in the bathroom every time someone in another room ran water. The door did not seal all the way and there was a good 1/2 inch gap between the door (which is an exterior door) and the threshold. Any kind of creepy crawly could easily get in. I hope to God the state finds a new place to house employees when they make us go through these week long trainings.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

This was my second and last hotel on my way back from Iowa after leaving my family out of state with relatives for a spell. I needed to get back to Florida, so I chose hotels based on cost and where I was at on the road at night. I did not want to stay in Macon, so I chose this exit.

A hotel coupon book showed a good deal on a Day's Inn in Forsyth. Great, wow! With tax, I think it came out a little over $50. The location was right off of the interstate. Not a big city, but there was a guy a couple blocks away trying to sell a couple hours with a woman. This kind of worried me. But then I noticed that there were police officers staying at the hotel, so how bad could it be? Ha ha.

Okay, let's start with the good :) 3 HBOs. No question this hotel gives you options if you're bored and want to see a flick. You also can get a great rate on a room if you really want to save money. Now, moving on.

Not so good. I mean, bad. Do they not use a lot of vacuum cleaners here? I mean, come one, one side was fairly clean, another section of the carpet little bit and pieces of debris. There were brown liquid splats upon the desk the TV sat on and on front of the bathroom door. Looked like some coffee or light chocolate that never got completely cleaned up. So for the first time ever, I wetted a rag and started spot cleaning the room. It needed it. There were other cleaning issues, but I won't go on. I will move on...

The " you got to be kidding me" part. There was a door inside the room that connected with an adjoining room and it was unlocked. It took some difficulty, but I got the lock turned, but it looked like the groove that the latch (tongue) goes in was partially broken off. I put some type of stand in front of it to warn me overnight if the door comes open. Also, there were two tongues on the door to the room from outside. A big and little one. The big one went into the groove just fine, but not the little one. So to shut the door I almost had to slam it each time. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that the room is not soundproof at all. You can hear each vehicle pass on the interstate as if its right outside of your room.

An interesting recollection was that each bed had four pillows upon it lined up as if it were books on a bookcase. I tried all four and still not impressed. Breakfast choices were okay, but the cereal dispensers needed a good cleaning. Free USA Today at checkout. The man at the checkout asked me how my stay was. I just merely smiled and said it was okay. I recommend this for someone who's cheap and not afraid to stay some place with issues. This gives the chain a bad name. Most families and especially women travelling alone should rethink staying here. Not a bad location, just a not-so-good stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
DaysForsyth, General Manager at Days Inn Forsyth, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
I am sorry that the guest had a horrible experience at our hotel. The guest had the option of calling the front desk at anytime if he or she had any complaints or problems. The guest did not need to wet a rag and start cleaning for his or her self. In fact we encourage this guest to notify the front office whenever they stay at a hotel where their room is dirty so that managment can deal with lazy employees that allow rooms to be dirty instead of cleaning them. We would have happily changed rooms for the guest. When asked if the guest's stay was okay, the guest should have informed the staff of his or her problems with the room instead of just smiling and saying it was okay. Again I am very sorry that the guest had a bad experience at our location and we hope that the guest will allow us to show them that we can do better if given the opportunity to lodge again. Also we hope that in the future the guest will relay his or her complaints to the front desk whenever they deal with a problem with their room wherever they are staying.
FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Just needed a place to sleep for a few hours on a road trip down to FL, decided to stop at the next exit and came to this place. Room was disgusting, it smelled, the bathroom appeared to have not been cleaned after the previous guest. TV remote didnt work. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I have been staying at this hotel every trip we make up north. I have nothing but good things to say. Let me start with the staff...excellent and very friendly helpful front desk staff. Anything I need, they get it done for me. The pool is great! They have the salt water pool system that makes swimming great and the water softens my hair and skin. The rooms are good also, what do you want for a 2.5 star roadside motel? Its not going to be the Ritz. I found my room clean and everything was made up to a T. I felt very safe staying here, compaired to some hotels in the area. The parking lot is very well lit and also, met some law enforcement people that stay there and they stay there often themselves. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for the value, friendliness and saftey that your getting by staying there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ga.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

From the time I walked in the door I realized I had made a mistake. The sink fixtures were dirty and the toilet did not look like it had been cleaned since it was installed. The towel laying next to the sink had a long hair laying on it. I then went to turn on some lights in the living area and only one worked out of four. I also noticed the air conditioner was on but it was warm in the room. I turned it down but it never got cool. I called the front desk and someone eventually came up and cleaned the filters which were covered in thick dust. This did not help so I ended up sleeping in a hot room. I was suppose to stay the whole week but one night at this dump was all I could take. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Forsyth? Share your experiences!