“Nicely updated location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Forsyth

You added Motel 6 Forsyth to your Saves list
Motel 6 Forsyth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 Holiday Circle, Forsyth, GA 31029 (Formerly Ramada Forsyth Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Forsyth
Nashville, TN USA
“Nicely updated location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel reminded me of a 1970's Holiday Inn that has been recently renovated and is a Motel 6.
We could not find any available hotels on 3 highway exits and this was our next option (after midnight)
The exterior looks nice for an older building with lots of new paint and gave us some reassurance of the hotel.
The lobby was not welcoming but the reception person was.
Room was surprise. Clean and updated with nice flooring and bathroom sink.
The only complaint I had was noise from next room travels as if there was not a wall.
WiFi was free and pretty fast. I do not think the people were loud, but the sound traveled too easily (maybe caused by tile floor rather than carpet)
Outdoor pool looked nice but did not have time to use it.
Shower was ok- good water pressure and somewhat updated.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stopped here overnight on our trip home from FL. The location was great, right off I75. Check in was smooth and the woman working overnight was friendly. From then on it was not so great...
Once we got to our non-smoking room we noticed an immediate, strong stale smell of smoke. Called the front desk and they sent someone up to spray some freshener. While we waited for about 45 minutes for him to arrive we found that there was debris (not sure what it was) all over the counter and two dead cockroaches on the bahtroom floor. The man who came said the counter didn't get cleaned because they had been very busy...not very reassuring for how well the rest of the room had been cleaned. Needless to say, we had a horrible night of rest knowing there had been bugs in the room and unsure if more were there. All of us felt like our skin was crawling and felt better sleeping with the lights on to hopefully keep any bugs hidden away.
When we checked out only a few hours later (slept so poorly we decided to just leave and get back on the road) we notified the woman who was still there working about all the problems, she gave us a small discount on the room. While this was good of her to do, I was still disappointed that we had paid more for this dirty room than the other available rooms in the area that were likely better. I wouldn't stay there again because cleanliness and safety and my two biggest concerns when I book a hotel...this one fell very short on cleanliness.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mike P, General Manager at Motel 6 Forsyth, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for letting us know about your stay,we value our guest feedback. This information helps us to improve and we appreciate it .
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

This was a clean and overall nice hotel for the price. I looked this up on TripAdvisor before my stay and was so pleased that all the reviews were "spot-on!"
The room was updated and clean and very reasonably priced. Overall very pleased.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Mike P, General Manager at Motel 6 Forsyth, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kind words and recognizing Motel 6 Forsyth, GA as an outstanding service organization. Please know we are 'Just doing our job' of helping everyone that is at our campus.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in years but read the reviews on TripAdvisor so stayed over last night. It is a very nice room with "hardwood" floors. It is so much better than smelly carpets sometimes found in other motels/hotels. Nice size refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV & the room was clean. The ladies at the front desk morning & night were nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side not facing of I-75. We could see front desk was doing that for customers...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Mike P, General Manager at Motel 6 Forsyth, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kind words and recognizing Motel 6 Forsyth as an outstanding service organization. Please know we are 'Just doing our job' of helping everyone that is at our campus.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

This hotel was a Holiday Inn, then a Ramada, now a Motel 6. I have been staying here on and off for last 17 years while in Forsyth for Business. They are still in process of remodeling rooms - I stayed in a ground floor remodeled one. Excellent workman ship - extremely large King room with microwave and small fridge, 40 in flat screen and redone bathroom all for under 40$ - when talking to night manager it looks like the Restaurant and attached bar will be permanently closed. He staid after rooms are remodeled the Grounds will also be refurbished. If your passing through on interstate and need a place for the night I would suggest this motel 6, for now. All three employees I had contact with were very nice and friendly.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel an was very pleased. The room was clean an updated with flat screen tv an nice bed. Refrigerator an microwave in room. Very very pleased. Plus pet friendly. Office staff was extremely helpful an friendly. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor not pull side it was parking lot side near office an I was very pleased.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

krixster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night while driving down to Florida. The room was about $60 with tax, which is about as cheap as it can get.

The room was dirty, smelled musty and the heat didn't work right. There were weird stains on the carpet and on the walls. The bathroom seemed to have water damage and there was hair in the tub. Overall, it was just kind of icky.

But, the girl at the front desk was nice, and like I said, it was cheap.

Next time around, though, I think is rather pay an extra $20 and have a cleaner place to sleep.

• Stayed October 2014
I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. We have remodeled our rooms.
We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. Please accept my sincere apology.

Been to Motel 6 Forsyth? Share your experiences!