“Very Satisfied!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Forest Park
Meridian, Mississippi
“Very Satisfied!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and only a 15 minute drive into Atlanta. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I am a weekly business traveler and have stayed in many hotels. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Atlanta area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February, we had to stay here for couple of days. Our flight landed at 8 PM and we called the hotel right away for a pick up. The shuttle arrived in no time, the driver was extremely cheerful and accommodating. The front desk clerks were very friendly and made us feel like home. The rooms and decor of the lobby is classy. They even had free breakfast in the morning, which contained waffles and bagels and other assorted items. This is an excellent hotel, worth every penny for its economic price. There were some really nice restaurants as well on the next exit. All in all this hotel deserves a much better rating than it does currently. I had a wonderful experience during my stay, and I will be sure to make it my home in Atlanta, whenever I have to come there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! We missed our connection in Atlanta after what Delta refers to as a "mechanical delay". Our connection left 5 minutes before our plane from Savannah touched down. We were travelling with our new Marine who was about to embark on his 10 days of leave after graduating from MCCRD on Fri Feb 22, 2013. We really wanted him home Friday night so that he could sleep in his own bed, but we ended up in this rat hole of a hotel thanks to Delta and their voucher system. This was literally a case of "no room at the inn". We were supposed to be going to a different hotel, but it was full. It was a rainy night in Georgia. The outside stairs to my room were crumbling. My room had stains on the carpeting, stains on the mattress and box spring. It needed a good vacuuming. The WORST of it all was when I looked at the phone books on the night stand beside the bed. There were a pair of someone's FALSE EYE LASHES!!!! Yuck! The ultimate creep factor! The steel plate around the door jam looked like it had been broken into before. There was no heat and I could feel a breeze coming through the windows and doors. I was very cold all night long. The light switch beside the door did not turn on any lights. Creepy! The noise from the highway was so loud that I thought I was sleeping outside. I stayed awake all night and couldn't WAIT until 5am so that we could get back to the airport! I believe that we were ripped off as well because if you check their website, the rooms are going for approx $50/night. We had a voucher from Delta, and the EconoLodge had the audacity to charge us an additional $60-something for such bad accommodations. My new Marine and his brother were so appalled at the conditions of THEIR room that neither one got under the covers. My new Marine slept in a chair for a couple of hours. His brother slept on top of the bed covers for fear of bed bugs. They found a pair of shoes that someone left behind under the bed. What's the matter with this company? Don't they clean the place? What was worse is that this hotel had a TripAdvisor sticker on their door! Someone should take that off! In my opinion, the Econo Lodge near the Atlanta Airport should be demolished. Renovations won't help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we passed through Atlanta on a road trip, and it was just fine for our needs. Everything was clean, if a little old, staff was nice, and the continental breakfast included waffles! The only problem was that, since the hotel is literally just off I-75, there was too much noise from the highway to get a good night's sleep. If you stay here, bring earplugs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvania, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I specifically chose this hotel because this site said it was the highest reviewed hotel in Forest Park. That said, this was hands down the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in, EVER!!! I don't know who these other people are writing reviews, but I'm thinking that maybe they are blind and have no sense of smell. The first room we were given smelled so strongly of urine that we asked to switch rooms!! The shower had also not been cleaned properly, it was full of hair! Upon switching rooms, the second room seemed fine. No smell, the bathroom was clean. We went out to eat and came back very late. While getting ready for bed, my son was horsing around and pulled the sheet off of the bed by accident. We were appalled to see that the side of the mattress was stained with what appeared to be blood!!!!! We checked the other mattresses, and guess what...yeah, all the other mattresses were stained as well!!! This place should be SHUT DOWN!!! HORRIBLE! I have reported them to the board of health. OH, and not that it matters now, because hopefully nobody will stay here, but the parking lot has car-eating sized potholes (more holes than pavement) and I've had pancakes that were fluffier than the pillows.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

1st of all we had to switch rooms 6 TIMES because every room smelled like poop! Instead of fixing the problems, the front desk clerk moved us to another room each time!? One room had a huge booger on the hand towel! The toilet didnt work in another room! The tub was clogged in the next room! The shower ceiling looked like it was about to cave in & it was covered in black (mold?) The pillows & sheets had someone else's hair all over them (someone of a different race than mine). At one point I asked if ALL the rooms smelled like someone just took a dump? The front desk clerk said the (foreign) housekeeping staff waters down their cleaning supplies?! Wow. The clerk tried wiping down the dresser with pine sol?! The room still stunk like boo boo & pine sol. DO NOT STAY HERE! THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! IT'S NOT WORTH THE $45-50 per night that they charge!!!! Dont bother complaining....the independent owner doesnt care.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms unless you like smelling foul odors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I travel weekly and have stayed at this hotel several times. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and very accommodating. Only a 15 minute drive to Atlanta and even closer to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Atlanta Airport East? Share your experiences!