“Very well done. ” 4 of 5 stars

5510 Church Street, Flowery Branch, GA
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Antebellum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: Nicholas and Alison St.Clair would like to welcome you to Antebellum. We opened our doors in early 2012. Antebellum is located in the Historic District of Flowery Branch. Our menu consists of locally grown vegetables and humanely raised animals. We hope our guests experience hospitality and southern ingredients at their finest. Antebellum is a celebration of southern cuisine.
“Very well done. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I like the feel of this establishment, it's muted tones and clean appearance highlight the photos of different southern scenes and attributes. Most of all though it brings your attention to the stars of the place, food and service, both of which I feel we're top notch on the night my family and I attended. I got a chance to taste all of the food brought to the table and they were all very good. My dad had the beef tenderloin with red potatoes and pickled onions, my brother had the salmon, mom the scallop dish with the chèvre and I had the duck breast with honeyed cranberries, I think it was chanterelle or shiitake mushrooms and the best made ravioli stuffed with butternut or pumpkin purée and lightly spiced. It was without doubt the best composed duck dish I have had. The balance was beautiful. Hints of spice, perfectly cooked duck, delicious mushrooms all paired well together and then the explosion of sour/sweet with the cranberry to finish made every bite like the first, completely cleansing my palate for the next bite. It really was like fireworks. Kudos to the chef/sous and cooks that worked to created that dish. Dessert was very good as well. The Pot de Creme was rediculous, and the coconut cake was rich, moist, and paired well with the ice cream which had excellent either housemate vanilla extract or whole beans in it. It had the slightest hint of dark rum which took away the sweet and rounded the dish out completely.
Josh was our server. He was polite perfectly attentive, never over bearing and knowledgeable on the menu. He was extremely personable and made us feel comfortable. Dishes arrived at the perfect times, we never waited too long and I never felt rushed. It was a fairly busy night and the communication between FOH and BOH was on point this night.
I could say a million good things, being a pastry chef in Asheville, I appreciate and recognize good service. I never write on these things but I felt it was necessary to let those who didn't know realize how well these ladies/ gentlemen do their job. Thanks for a great night. I will be back.
Oh and my restaurants biggest seller is coconut cake I make it everyday. Josh informed us it came from a local bakery just a few steps from your doors and it gave me a run for my money, I'd be hard pressed to beat it! Thanks again everybody!

91% Recommend
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“A Different Kind of Southern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Some close friends invited us out for a birthday celebration and Antebellum was selected for our celebration. This was new for all of us so we were not quite sure what to expect. We shared the fried green tomato appetizer and we also shared the organic mixed greens with poached duck egg salad. I selected the blackened chicken and tasted the rack of lamb. We ended the meal with the chocolate bread pudding. All of the food was excellent and I do believe that a part of that was due to the awesome waiter that we had. He took the time to explain the various dishes and when we shied away from something, he would ask us why and then explain what was different (for example the okra in the organic salad - typically hate okra because it is slimy, but not slimy here and cooked in a completely different manner from what any of us were used to eating). His explanations made the night and led us to go out of our comfort zones and try new foods. The key to this restaurant, though, is that it is not your mother's southern cuisine. This is more along the lines of a Top Chef type of place where the food is truly creative and the chef doesn't do what you would expect.

We recommend this restaurant to our friends and neighbors and this has been added to our date night list.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DULUTH
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have been wanting to try Antebellum so tonight was the night. I was disappointed. It has a nice atmosphere, but to me the jars for the water are a bit tacky and takes away from the ambiance. The service was very good, the salad was good as was the corn chowder. The cornbread needs improvement. I had the wild shrimp and was surprised that the six shrimp had their tails on and were mixed into sauce. It seemed more like a soup!! My husband had the burger with sweet potato fries and they were both delicious. For dessert we had the bread pudding which was bland. I can think of several better restaurants for the eighty dollars spent!!! Don't think we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“I could eat here every night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Antebellum is the best thing to come to Flowery Branch since electricity! This is a "worth the drive" restaurant. We've eaten here MANY times and have never been disappointed. The food and the service are just hard to beat. I've eaten in a lot of "fine dining" establishments, but Antebellum is my go-to place. The fried green tomato appetizer is a must every time I go. The entree's change frequently and I'm always amazed at how they are spot-on with taste, texture and appearance. Wine list is good. Prices in Flowery Branch might seem high to some, but compared to what you would pay for the same meal in downtown Atlanta you're getting a bargain! Live jazz on Wednesday is great, but doesn't lend to a quiet dinner; Thursday is fried chicken night....can miss on this one. And definitely make reservations!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome Farm to Table selections!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I celebrated a birthday at Antebellum and found the food to be excellent. The price is a little high but we were there on Wednesday for Jazz and half price wine by the bottle. We shared the fried green tomato appetizer I had read so much about online. It was good and we would hace liked more! Our entrees were served as requested, both medium rare. The lamb t-bones were very good and the beef tenderloin was excellent. Chocolate bread pudding was a little less than thrilling but the blackberry cobbler and lemon ice cream was out of this world. Seasonal menus allow fresh in season choices. They support local farms too! A plus......icing on the experience. We will return for a new menu in a few weeks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere