“Very nice lodge, but key factors missing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Lanier Lodges

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flowery Branch
Lake Lanier Lodges
Save Saved
You added Lake Lanier Lodges to your Saves list
6598 Lights Ferry Rd., Flowery Branch, GA 30542   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Flowery Branch
pksmith
“Very nice lodge, but key factors missing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed two days this week. Loved the grounds while away from the lodge and the lodge public areas. However, the beds were bad. Not sure if worn out or what. The pillows were too thick and hard. Many others from my conference were also complaining about the beds and pillows. My husband and I were extremely glad to get home to a good bed!

The biggest surprise though was that although the lodge (and villas) was on the lake, you had no view except of the trees. There was minimal access to go lakeside or to view a sunrise or sunset. That is if you expected any view from the lodge. Why build the rooms and put balconies on the lakeside if nothing to view? Granted while out and about, the scenery was great. If you spend your time on a golf course, you have it made. Plenty of views.

Our conference meals were great with enough choices to suit all tastes. For personal travel, I've enjoyed other lodges to a much greater degree.

Room Tip: Do not plan on a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Located 50 miles north of Atlanta this is a beautiful country lodge on an island in the middle of Lake Lanier. The main building is a wonderful example of an upscale country lodge. The rooms in the main building are a little dated and not really consistent with the public spaces but they are clean and comfortable and have all of the usual amenities (including free WIFI). The staff are super friendly though a little disorganized and seem to make the guests their first priority. The food is very good and the golf course is excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

When we got there, the site was dirty, grass not cut, very tall, blinds ripped where you could see right into the cabin, there was no lake view, grass wasto tall, lots of mud, had to go buy rain boots, dishes dirty, had to buy those as well, towels dirty, had to buy, mold &mildew on the shower curtain, bathroom dirty, BBQ grill very nasty, floors not clean, sofa falling apart, said sleeps 6 there was 2twin beds, one queen in the master, no extra linen or towels, and we were to be there for 4days, there is so much more, this was my 30th anv. and the saddest day of my life, we also had a couple on their 10th anv. I invited them to this god forsaken place, there was noone there to greet us, key was left on the door @the office, I called the office manger, his reply was, there;s nothing i can do, I cried OMG, so we didn't stay found a hotel, and they still charged for all 3days we where to check out on the fourth one. please don't take your family there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I reserved this place for June 2/21,22,23. We had a horrific time finding it, no signs anywhere. We unlocked what we assumed was our 4b..hard to tell as the number and letter had peeled off. The key opened the door and we quickly realized someone was residing there. After much difficulty, we managed to open 4b. We were so eager for a hot shower, nope, shower did works, the tub was dirty and there was no soap in the entire cabin. The cabin was dirty also. We decides not to stay more than one night and left early in the morning. NEVER again and I would strongly discourage anyone from staying there.

Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at the Lake house. Two bedroom, two bathroom unit with living space,kitchen,deck and hot tub.
The house needed a power wash on outside. But if you like nature you will feel right at home. The dishwasher,washer and dryer have seen better days and need to be replaced. The kitchen had modest supply of crockery and cutlery and will meet your needs.
Maid service was on point and quick as well as maintenance, however we had no internet or phone service while we were there.
We visited the Bullfrog restaurant at the main lodge an the food was very good.
We also rented a golf cart for $50 for 8 hrs and this is a great way to explore the resort. For an additional $10 we got 4 day ticket to the water park, which was a huge saving as the normal rate is $35 per day. Frankly that is steep in my mind.
We also visited Giani's and the service was poor and the angel hair pasta was so spicy it was nasty!
We rented a pontoon boat for a day and again it was a winning decision.
The shrimp boil on Thursday was not as good as we had hoped. I will give that a pass.
Overall a great place for a family holiday and it will meet expectations.

• Stayed June 2012
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at Lake Lanier in one of the "lake houses" - not really "on" the lake and I didn't have much of a view of it, either. There were dead bugs in my room, the chairs on the deck were filthy and not at all usable, and the doors to the deck were all unlocked when I arrived. Not to mention the curtains don't cover the entire window. One of the screens was broken and another window was broken and wouldn't shut all the way. The entrance to the cottage was filthy and there were huge cobwebs in my closet. I will not be coming back here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed January 6-8, 2012
It was a serene place and we were very forgiving of the lake because we know the lake levels have been severely low. The playground pictured in the picture above did not exist, although I remember seeing the spot where it once existed. When we arrived our cabin looked like it had not been cleaned. Our party really kept the jokes rolling after finding a Victoria's Secret price tag and a false eyelash stuck to the carpet. Additionally (no kidding) it looked like one of the bed's dust ruffel was stained with semen and there was feces on one of the toilet tank lids. We called immediately and demanded the cleaning crew "re"clean our rooms. After finding all this we didn't dare use the hot tub even though it appeared clean. The TVs were like an old school computer monitor and the carpet was very stained. The jokes continued because one side's kitchen had four collanders and wine glasses while the other side's kitchen got the potato peeler and spoons. Honestly if we hadn't had access to both kitchens, I would have been genuinely pissed off. All of these things would have been easy to blow off and fail to mention here on my review because I understand mistakes happen.

The kicker was the unresponsiveness of the front desk. While we stayed I called and visited the locked office numerous times leaving at least two messages trying to get clarification on an unexplained credit card charge and was never once able to reach anyone much less a person with any authority. They supposedly rent boats and I'm not sure how our party could have gone about doing that. . . I can only assume lake water levels have left the owner indifferent to the success of his business and sadly that was apparent.

UPDATE: 1/31/12
I just had to dispute the 33% mark up on cleaning fees three weeks later with only one returned phonecall out of the 10 (or so) calls I made to try and respectfully discuss this.

Room Tip: Choose another place
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Lanier Lodges? Share your experiences!