“Very professional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montaperti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Montaperti Hotel to your Saves list
Montaperti Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   strada comunale di Poggio al Vento | SOLO per GPS: via Guelfi 3 53019 Castelnuovo Berardenga, 53041 Casanova Pansarine, Asciano, Italy   |
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are looking for a Tuscany typical scenario, classical values, this is not the place for you to visit.
However, if you are business-like mission or just looking for an efficient base, for functionality, good food restaurant, practicity, a modern scheme then come quickly. You will not be disappointed.
Good installations, good wine selection, a little bit difficult to locate. (the road access even with a GPS, is rather cumbersome). We did not have the time to use the pool or anyother facility apart from the restaurant, so we will not be able to help you there. Service is okay, nothing outstanding

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My partner and I spent a week at Montaperti and I have to say that this was the best value for money hotel we have ever been to. Spacious room thoroughly cleaned daily, gigantic and comfortable double bed, good spa facilities and last but not least...NICO! Wonderful customer service from NIco at reception, he suggested lovely places to visit and wonderful restaurants!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MontapertiHotel, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Montaperti Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
- MONTAPERTI HOTEL: FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD! -

Dear Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor!
I really was delighted to read your review and I too hope we can have the chance to look after you once again in the future!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our junior apartments, which I think are ideal for a longer stay!

You've been staying with us for many days and I know you had the chance to visit the greatest areas of our beautiful Land, but I love challenges and I'll do my best to find some other interesting place, some other good "trattoria toscana", some other astonishing landscape for you to visit and to enjoy if you come back at Montaperti Hotel :-)

By the way . . . I'm still waiting to know if you liked the last restaurant I reccomended :-)

With my best wishes,
Nico
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Montaperti hotel is located in a beautiful location, surrounded by greenery, in a quiet area. I booked a superior room. The room was spacious and modern, but the cleanliness wasn't great and I noticed some dark marks on the wall.
The bathroom was spacious but anonymous.
I really enjoyed the spa and the indoor pool (relax also in winter) . There is suana and turkish bath and you can access up to 22!
Overall good experience but I would recommend some work to improve the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MontapertiHotel, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Montaperti Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Claudialang,

first of all I want to thank you for letting us have your invaluable feedback following your stay with us!

Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our BEAUTIFUL LOCATION, the SUPERIOR ROOM and the RELAX AREA, with the heated pool, sauna, steam bath and the small fitness corner, I am most concerned to read of your disappointments with the marks on the wall :-)

I’m glad to let you know that we had already planned a solid renovating maintenance for February 2013: the hotel is closing for the whole month, to give us the chance to intervene on all those details that can perish because of the time and utilization!

I sincerely hope you will decide to try us once more in the next months and have the opportunity to show you all the improvements that we’re about to make!

Kindest regards,

Nico
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of our automobile trip through Tuscany continuing on to the island of Sardinia(via the Livorno ferry). All in all we were very happy with the value, location, room and staff of this small countryside hotel just 8km south of Siena. Though this hotel is not convenient for those traveling without a car, it is nonetheless a perfect base for those who want to drive around the Tuscan county side and visit gems like Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra and the tiny fortified village of San Gusme. People who are bicycle enthusiasts will also find the rolling hills very appealing (and I believe bike rentals may also be available on site).

The room we stayed at was a corner suite with a small living room, a walk-in closet, nice large bathroom, balcony (with views of the lovely countryside and the city of Siena in the distance) and a sizable bedroom. The room was decorated with very clean, modern accents and was quite appeasing. We had reserved an upper level room with a view, but the suite was a free upgrade by the very nice and helpful fellow at the reception. I believe the normal upper level rooms have all nice views of Siena but no balconies. It was quite enchanting to wake up with the sound of birds and roosters overlooking the view of a working winery and seeing the rising sun reflected on the towers of Siena.

The breakfast was quite good for Italian standards (emphasis on sweet pastries) with eggs, cheese and salumi on offer as well and freshly squeezed orange juice. There were very nice country restaurants in the vicinity with excellent Tuscan cuisine. The staff at the hotel was very helpful in pointing out nice spots to eat and visit.

All in all this was a very good experience and a very good value for the money.

Room Tip: The rooms at the ground floor have no view and may overlook the car park or the swimming pool. I thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Friendly staff but horrible hotel

We stay here for one night in a double standard room on our way through Siena and I glad it wasn’t longer.

When we arrived we were welcomed by some extremely helpful and friendly staff. They assisted us with our luggage and told us where we could go to get a good meal.

The room and facilities let this hotel down. The first thing we noticed as we entered the room was that the carpet was not fitted properly, square could be lifted right off the floor and it was extremely stained. The room itself was dirty with marks on the walls and stains on the bench that the TV sat on. The TV didn’t work when we arrived, we need to play with the cables to get it to work. The internet was an issue too as it kept dropping out.

The bed was hard, with one pillow for 2 people. When we called reception for extra pillows they gave us one extra. There were also no extra blanket which we needed as the room was cold and we couldn’t control and temperature.

The bathroom was pretty basic. There was only a hand held shower and no shower curtain making it impossible not to put water all over the bathroom

Breakfast was average. The hot food was sickly and there was not much variety.

A very disappointing stay and won’t go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We really loved our stay at the Montaperti Hotel. We were with our daughters and were pleased to stay in the hotel 8 nights touring Tuscana. The staff were very patient and helpful with all our needs. We especially appreciated the free Wi-Fi. The breakfasts were wonderful in a bright and cheerful restaurant. We especially enjoyed all the fruit,eggs,cheeses and juices. Excellent for disabled.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Calhoun, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Rather difficult to find, the address confused my GPS. After asking we were directed to the hotel, which is in a rural location well outside of Siena, but near major roads. The hotel was good for a stop-over on our way through Tuscany. Would be a good base in the area if you have a car. Breakfast was a highlight of staying here - excellent. As it was summer and rather hot, the air conditioning would not cool our room to our liking, but I am used to keeping a room cooler than most hoteliers would want to allow. This was our only complaint, and it was minor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Montaperti Hotel? Share your experiences!