“Do not expect the great breakfast! Definitly no WAFFLES!” 2 of 5 stars

Military; Save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fayetteville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Do not expect the great breakfast! Definitly no WAFFLES!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I Book this hotel because of the closeness to the hospital which a family member was having surgery. A 3 night stay of disappointment. My children were very disappointed due to the lack of scrumptious breakfast advertised. There were never any waffles at all. Told by staff they are waiting on shipment. I clearly suggested they go purchase some because they are setting false expectations and false advertisement, even on your room on television commercials 24hrs (They Laughed). As a paying customer, I do not have to understand about their shipment. I also do not have to understand requesting my sheets be changed due to the bed feeling buggy. Nor do I have to understand about the tub that fills up while showering. I understand things happen but I call and complained 3 times to corporate about. yes the waffles and was given a case number that I have to allow them up to 72hrs to respond. This is ridiculous. I have incurred over $50 for my family on breakfast alone, which should have been serve at the Hampton Inn, Fayetteville. By the way the fitness room has only 3 machines, so don't be in a rush.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milton, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

At check in, we were "not informed" in advance, that the elevators were not working or the pool had been shut down. We had teen age granddaughters with us who really were looking forward to enjoying the pool. The breakfast buffet was not as expected. It was not being kept supplied or fresh and we were not near the end of the buffet time. I would say this Hampton Inn has a real management problem. The facilities is nice and pretty new, but the furniture in the room is not even being kept clean. We were in a room on the 3rd floor and had to use the stairs for our entire stay. This was the worst Hampton Inn we have experienced and Hampton Inns had been a first choice previously. We had planned on making this a place to return to, since we have family in the area and are here frequently. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Little problems and bigger ones too kept creeping up. The desk was friendly and helpful at check in. Lobby was large for the hotel type and very clean. My room was decent-sized for my purposes, clean and the bed was super cozy. Unfortunately, that's where the good ended. The first thing I noticed was my shower door handle had been DUCT TAPED over. On the inside... kinda weird and gross, but whatever. Mentioned it to the desk, and nothing. The second day, Internet was down, which was a problem since I was there for a conference and need to do some research. Tried to watch TV instead, but channel selection was limited. Real problem came on the third day when I tried to shower for my conference... NO HOT WATER! Talked to others in the same hotel, and they all had the same issue. It was like 102, and we were all walking to the conference. Not good. Internet continued to be an issue. So while it looked like I lucked out at first, it ended up being pretty bad. Didn't deserve a 1 because it was pretty clean and cozy, but the problems kept it from being great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hampton,Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Stayed Valentine's Weekend, this is my second visit there.
Clean room & bathroom with comfortable pillows & bed.
The rooms have nice decor.
The breakfast was great.
No compliants.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I needed a reservation at the last minute to stay in town and was not sure if it would be two nights or three. A neighboring hotel looked at me as if I was a martian when I walked in and tried to arrange that. The folks at this hotel were friendly and helpful and gave me an open ended stay, telling me to just stop by the desk each day to update them on my plans.
The room was clean and comfy. The staff friendly and accommodating. If I have any criticism, it was that the breakfast buffet was just ok. I could have gotten a better breakfast at a fast food restaurant...but then again, it was free, so I ate it anyways. It wasnt bad. Just not great.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

The property was very nice however I had to wait 12 minutes to be greeted at the front desk by the hotel general manager (not a good first impression).The breakfast was very good and the woman that was in charge of the food was very friendly. Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for five nights. What a delightful surprise! The staff was very friendly, the maids were prompt and thorough and the continental breakfast was perfect.
This is a 3 story hotel which makes it feel more comfortable. The decor adds to this- lots of black and white photographs throughout the hotel-on the elevator, small plaques on the door- country-esque.
The location is beautiful with old historic homes on the same tree-lined street.
Unfortunately, only 3 pieces of workout equipment in the fitness room- it is how it always is in a hotel this size. The laundry room and business center were small but adequate. Overall, the price was right and the hotel was a wonderful experience.

• Liked — the amenities at non extra charge
  • Disliked — not good walking distance to restaurants- need a car
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta/Fayetteville? Share your experiences!