“For a buffet, it is pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American
Description: 770-716-0303--Excellent Southern home cooking!
Description: 770-716-0303--Excellent Southern home cooking!
Fayetteville, Georgia
“For a buffet, it is pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I don't like buffets, so please take this from the view of someone having a lapband; it's like paying adult charges for a kids' appetite. BUT, the fried chicken is consistently good, the veggies are not overcooked, and the strawberry cake is to die for (hubby likes the chocolate whatever it is beside it). The problem is, I just feel it is not of value *to me* because I can eat 1 chicken leg, a few bites of mashed potatoes and gravy, maybe dressing or another veggie if it looks good (and they frequently do), and I'm always asked if there was something wrong with my dinner, since I can never eat it all (if I'm lucky Dad or Hubby will eat my leftovers). If I wait a few minutes, I can have a small (like 2x2") piece of cake. I can't recommend Seafood night; not sure what was up, but it was like the fryer temp was too low. I paid extra for some oysters, but was disappointed; however, frying oysters is an art (of which I have tried). But that night, everything seemed (to me) greasy which makes me queasy. But my Dad, ex, and brothers' families love it. So take this with experience with a grain of salt -- I just recently had my gallbladder out, so it could have been it was malfunctioning then!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Peachtree City, Georgia
“The best home-cooking in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

It is my belief that if you want to find a good local restaurant, look for the cop cars at lunchtime. You will find them at Tim's, because the food is so very good! The decor is basic, not fancy, but clean. The all-you-can-eat buffet price is around $8, including your beverage and dessert. Don't let the price fool you, though... this food is truly home-cooked, not just scooped out of a can.

The cobblers are wonderful, and though it isn't sitting out, you can ask any server for ice cream to top your cobbler with.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Our "go to" place in Fayetteville for "Southern home cooking" away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We love the Southern meats and vegetables at Tim's Country Kitchen! The decor isn't fancy, but the food is consistently VERY good! We actually ate Thanksgiving Lunch here this past November, and paid for several extra take out dinners so we could have leftovers. It surely beat cooking for hours! We usually run into somebody we know at Tim's, which makes it that much more welcoming. Prices are reasonable for all you can eat. On the last visit, we enjoyed salmon patties, fried chicken, dressing, and fresh vegetables. The service is friendly and attentive. We think it's the best buffet food around! (I keep thinking "I need to take pictures for Trip Advisor," but I never remember at the right time!)

• Visited March 2012