“Truly a boutique gem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc

You added Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc to your Saves list
Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 3 # 18-71 Sarie Bay, San Andres, San Andres Island ADZ, Colombia   |
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in San Andres
florida
“Truly a boutique gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

If you go to San Andres I would highly recommend this hotel. The owners are wonderful people and catered to our every last want and need. They even got a birthday cake for someone in our group as a surprise and when cabs were not around the owner took us places on his own time. I can't wait to go back. Rooms are very clean with modern decor. The pool is also very clean and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were not pleased when we first arrived. We had paid $278 for a room and it turned out to be small and sorta smelly. I complained (nicely) and the owners were gracious about my complaint and moved us to a bigger room the next day. Still, I didn't think it was worth the money. I know San Andres is expensive but we didn't get bang for our buck. The pool is small and the breakfast was average. The room was fine but I had expected more for that amount of money. The beach is a good 25 minutes away. The town a bit more. That meant that we lived in a quiet part of town, which was nice.

The sea is fantastic but I think that is the nicest thing I can say about San Andres.

Room Tip: We got Room 4 to begin with. It was very small and it had a strange smell. Next day, we got Room 5...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I'm staying here right now. On the upside, it is in a quiet neighborhood but the downside is you cannot walk out the door and be in the middle of all the restaurants and bars. You will need to take a taxi, but they are plentiful and fairly cheap.

I think my rub on this place is two-fold: first there is just a strong chemical smell throughout the building. It is a cleaning agent but it's almost like someone dumped over about 15 gallons. Second, for the price you do have to adjust your expectations.

Most places in San Andres aren't that updated or modern. I went and looked around at other hotels and they are not fantastic by any stretch. I recommend visiting for two days at most to take a boat out, perhaps a jet ski for an hour or two, rent a golf cart to tour the town or just go hang out at the beach and have a couple beers. The water is much nicer than in Cartagena, but the beach itself isn't that great. Think of an average beach in Florida.

All things considered, this is one of the better options but do remember they only serve breakfast so at night you will need to take a taxi out for dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice clean hotel, spacious room, great air conditioner, ok breakfast included, but 3/4 mile from the beach. The staff was friendly and I would stay there again. Small hotel with only 8 or 10 rooms, quiet and secluded.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc

Address: Calle 3 # 18-71 Sarie Bay, San Andres, San Andres Island ADZ, Colombia
Location: Colombia > San Andres and Providencia Department > San Andres Island > San Andres
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in San Andres
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Boutique Le castel blanc, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.