“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lely Hills Hotel and Casino

Lely Hills Hotel and Casino
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lelydorp
Lely Hills Hotel and Casino
You added Lely Hills Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Sastrodisoemoweg # 2-4, Lelydorp 1000, Suriname   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lelydorp
Ludwigsburg, Germany
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Lely Hills Hotel is between the airport and Paramaribo (about 45 min by car); it's clean with spacious rooms, good beds, hot water. The gardens are beautiful including a huge, nice pool. During the day I had the pool completely to myself, in the afternoon/evenings children came over to play and jump in from the edge of the pool...
One of the reasons for booking this hotel was that they told me that they provided airport transfers. Two days before I left for South America they wrote me an e-mail that it would be better for me to arrange the transfers from and to the aiport myself, as they didn't want to wait in case my flight was late... However, they did provide me with a tip where to look for a transfer company. Still...
That being said there are a lot of good sides to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and spacious, there is a nice terrace in front of the rooms, and you can have all your yummy meals there or simply watch the short tropical rain showers. There are two guys at the reception (one in the mornings, one in the afternoons/evenings) who go to great lengths to make your stay great. Whether you need special diet requirements, a taxi, money exchange (in the adjoining casino, no problem at all), there is nothing they won't be able to provide you with and they are always very friendly. I arrived at 4 in the afternoon after two days of travelling to Suriname and I was starving. I asked for food, although I knew it was an odd time for the kitchen... It took half an hour and I had a full meal and a beer in front of me - perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Riga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I didn't like my stay at this hotel as much as most previous reviewers. First of all, I made a reservation directly at hotel's website, a confirmation page appeared, but I never got a confirmation e-mail. When I arrived at hotel, it was completely booked, and nobody knew anything about my reservation. I had no choice but to move further to Paramaribo (this hotel is located in suburb called Lelydorp, half-way from airport to Paramaribo).
Few days later I managed to get a room. The price was very good, but that is probably the only good thing to say about hotel. Overall appearance was pretty worn and torn, rooms were outdated, there were problems with plumbing and lighting. No curtain in the bath for taking shower. Swimming pool was particularly very old with a beaten hole somewhere in the middle of it and dirty, non-transparent water and almost no sunbeds around. For the price I paid it was tolerable place to spend few nights, but nothing more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lelydorp hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A quick first visit here and I was very impressed at the standard and the price - its not that expensive and in a great location. Its like being in the middle of the jungle and very different experience to the usual city hotel. Paramaribo is an interesting city and has very vibrant feel, look forward to returning again

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Loved the hotel, because you feel that you are in the amazon. I miss it, and can't wait to return there. The food was incredible as well. Great place for a romantic getaway. Two tumbs up for sure.

Room Tip: The senior suites have everything when with a family of 4.