“Gross” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Birmingham, Alabama
“Gross”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here due to weather delayed flight. Airline had a block of rooms. The room was terrible. Bathroom smelled of urine due to open floor drain near toilet. Furniture was stained and the rug was almost sticky. Bedspread was torn! The courtesy van driver was fantastic and very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We would also like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fairburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am working from out of town in the Fairburn area. I stopped at the Sleep-Inn and the Management and staff was very efficent and friendly. Judy at the front desk was very proffesioal and the manager gave me a very good rate as I am staying long term. They even got me my "wheat" toast for breakfast in the am. If there ever is any small problems, which only can be expected, they respond immeadiatly, I am enjoying my stay there and will continue to stay there as well as reccommend it to any other construction workers or anyone else traveling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank You for your feedback. We are glad when the guests appreciate what we do. Thank you again and we enjoy serving you.
Fairburn, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Where do I start? I thought with all the high ratings that this hotel would live up to the ratings. Not so! The room we were given was filthy, wet towels strewn everywhere, beds unmade, we were switched to a different room. Beds are hard, deco needs updating badly, the carpets are stained, and internet works half the time. Not good if you are working or doing school while traveling. The pool was nice but closed at 9pm which I thought was a bit early. Nothing in the vending machines or small store in the lobby, they were out of everything. Will try the breakfast in the am and let ya know how it goes.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room here, go south to Exit 47 for higher quality hotels for $20 more a night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We would also like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay..
Yellville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The first room we were given had not yet been cleaned. We had to get a higher priced room. Carpet in elevator was nasty. Downstairs was really hot. Had to ask for air to be turned on in breakfast area. Breakfast had no meat. They said they ran out, and it was ordered. Staff was nice, though. Lamp in the room had a broken switch and would not turn on. TV remote would not turn on the TV. When I finally found a switch to turn on the TV, I could use the remote to change the channel. Exercise room was adequate, but the thermostat was locked up, so I couldn't lower the temperature. The facility looked like they were operating on a tight budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
Stowe, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a long and a tiring journey and this was my first stay at sleep inn. I was really carried away by the warm welcome and the clean lobby and beautiful land scape ,As i entered the room it was very neat, comforable bed, bathroom was very clean ,and LCD T.V .morning i was amazed with the breakfast the hot and cold . Continental breakfast boiled eggs , waffles danish .,..... , Kids enjoyed time at the indoor pool ..I must say Though it was my first visit it was Amazing I recommend if you desire for a good service at a low price Sleep inn would be the best place to stop by ,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your reviewand we are glad your stay was pleasent. We always try to offer the best value, best service and our new flat panel TV's are a delight for everyone. Looking forward to see you again the future.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was on a 1100 mile motorcycle ride back home and needed to find a place to stay because of weather.

I pulled into the Sleep Inn & Suites and was greeted by Judy at the front desk - she handled all my needs quickly and easily - she was a pleasure to deal with

your rooms were clean, comfortable and exactly what I needed on the long trek home

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are always glad to see our guests like what we do. I will relay your feedback to Ms. Judy. Looking forward to your stay with us again in the future.
Helena, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stay at Sleep Inn two to three times a week on business. I must say the staff is really attentive to my needs. Beginning with the front desk, Judy, Shaniqua and Daisy are always on point when it comes to my room assignments and the van driver Joseph always get me to my appointments on time. A wonderful staff and a wonderful place to stay when in the Metro Atlanta area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Yeldo J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am very happy to hear our staff takes care of you always, I will ralay the feedback to them. While we try to give a great experience to everyone, words like yours keep us motivated. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Fairburn? Share your experiences!