“Rob you of your money” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Fairburn
Covington, Georgia, United States
“Rob you of your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a person who never write reviews, but my experience here has been bothering me since I left. I checked in on August 9, 2013 and stayed one night. I spilt the cost with my daughter who was my roommate. We checked out on August 10, 2013 which was a Saturday. Upon check out we received a receipt which showed how much was charged to our debit cards. ( looking at the receipt everything looked right) On Monday August 12, 2013 I decided the check my balance in my checking account when I noticed that my debit card was charged a total of 3 times. When I called the hotel to speak with them about the charges, all I got was attitude about my money. I asked to speak with a manager and her attitude was worst than her employees. No one could explain to me what happen or why it happen all they told me is that they would have it back in my account the next day or two. Well today is August 18, 2013 and I'm still waiting on my money. When I spoke with my bank on August 14, 2013 they advised me that they show no deposits pending. Everytime I call the hotel they tell me the same thing over and over that it has been taken care of and have the nerve to give me attitude about my money that they had no right to take from the beginning! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Carlson Hotels Corporate Customer Care directly if you require additional assistance in this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Country Inn & suites is simply awful the tub was dirty there was a pile of dust behind the door and there was a pubic hair on the floor, they did change my room but I was

into a suite NOT a double... last year the hotel was wonderful this year less than satisfactory the staff are clueless and just simply don't care, make the walk over to the Sleep inn.. It'll be well worth it!!

• Stayed May 2013
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
On behalf of the enire Country Inn and Suites Family I would like to first thank you for your business. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.We will always use our guests feedback to get better as a staff. Once again thank you for your business and have a great day.
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our house was being worked on and we didn't have air conditioning. So we decided to go here. The hotel was great. Our room was clean. The beds were comfortable. I've had a some negatives about Country Inn breakfast's not having many choices, but this one had plenty of choices. If you don't like the breakfast, there are several restaurants across the main highway 74 that serve breakfast. There is also a Cracker Barrel, just a few blocks away. Location is great, right off I-85, and no road noise. Overall, I would stay again, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, 10 to 15 minutes from the airport. What better place than to stay than here?

Room Tip: Right next to I-85. Rooms don't sit facing the Interstate. Trees next to I-85 should help to blo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
First of all Caleb I would like to say thank you for your Business. Also we appreciate you taking the time to discuss your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, and if you should need a place to stay again, we hope to see you. Once again thank you for your business and have a great day!
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We and our freinds travel to the area for the Georgia Renaissance each year. This hotel is ideally located and provides a great breakfast. However two years in a row we have had issues with noisey neighbors. The first time the guests in the room next door turned up the tv all the way and the room until very late in the evening. The second and most recent trip on Saturday night after midnight, the room right next to us with erupted with extremely loud music and voices. There was a room full of teenagers after their night at prom. Several calls and trips to the front desk were only met by comments that it was Prom night. The hotel staff did nothing to end the party until after 4 am. When the hotel manager was engaged upon check out, she really had no concerns and acted as though she did not know that teenagers were partying in the hotel. If I can not count on getting a restful nights sleep I will not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Teresa, I would like to start off by saying thank you for your business. we appreciate the feedback, and thank you for taking the time to discuss your stay. We are diligently working to get better all the time to make sure we can provide the best possible customer service. On behalf of the entire staff we apologize for the concerns you shared, and are working hard to make sure a similar situation does not happen again. Once again thank you for you business and have a great day.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband had to work in south Atlanta so we looked for a hotel close by. What a perfect gem this hotel was. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted with smiles and offers to help in any way. The Manager and all of his staff were professional, friendly and welcoming. We would stay here again. The rooms were clean, the breakfast tasty and the warm pool was divine. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
Betty and Chuck J.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Betty we are thrilled you chose us, and hope to see you again in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. On behalf of the entire staff have a great day, and once again thank you for your business.
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family decided to go shopping for the weekend and we stopped on the exit just for a restroom break when we noticed all the hotels. We wanted to stay outside of Atlanta but close to the city at the same time. We checked in after shopping and the front desk receptionist was nice and greeted us with a warm smile. We stayed with a 6 mth. old and 2 year old and they too enjoyed the room. Everything was clean which was a plus for me since my husband considers me a neat freak. My husband enjoyed breakfast and his workout. I enjoyed not hearing the neighbors and the only noise I heard thru the night was the occasional toilet flushing. The stay was so excellent we decided that we would try staying here once a month. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Corwin B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Akeisha, First I would like to say thank you for your business. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Whenever your travels bring you to our area, we would love to be your first choice of Hotels. Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay, and once again thank you for your business.
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was above par regarding accommodations and cleanliness; however the service was awful. We booked and paid up front for a two queen suite through a third party. Once we arrived they tried to say that we didn't pay for a suite. When we showed them our confirmation showing that we paid for a suite they told us we would have to pay a $25 per night upgrade fee. After spending about two hours in the lobby going back and forth with the manager and the company that book us, the Third party paid the upgrade fee. The hotel took no responsibility at all. The manager said that this has been an ongoing problem with the booking agency.. My question to the hotel is this. If you know there is a problem with the booking agency why are they still booking with them and not making these corrections. It's all about the dollar for the hotel and zero service. As for the booking agency... I will use them again. Not only did they take care of the upgrade fee they gave us a $100.00 credit which we have already applied towards a future trip. That's customer service which is what customers desire when spending money. The ending of my story is.... I will use the booking engine again but won't stay at this hotel again EVER! Lost customer for life!

Room Tip: If you want good customer service head for the hills! Saving a dollar isn't everything.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Corwin B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fairburn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am sorry there was a discrepancy between the booking agency and our hotel, We are glad you chose to stay at our property, thank you for your business.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Fairburn? Share your experiences!