“I real nice local watering hole” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Ellijay
Sandy Springs, Georgia
“I real nice local watering hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Being from England I really miss the real English Pub. This one comes pretty close, not so much in its design, which is fine, but the staff and customers make you feel like you have been friends for years.

It was busy the night we were there so we sat at the bar and ordered our drinks and food. I tried some of the local brews. They stock the mainstream stuff of course but I like to venture out. The young man called Brad had us sample some local beers. Turns out he and his wife, Heather, who was also working there that night, own the place. I recent venture we understand. They do make a great couple of Publicans, the title of pub owners in England.

The food was very good, not fine dining but great pub grub, and, even though the place was busy and we where warned there might be a delay, came pretty quickly. Either that or we where having such a good time we did not notice the delay.

We where introduced to a couple of locals sitting next to us at the bar. One worked for the city and he pointed out a few other folk, one who was apparently the GA Speaker of the House.

We usually come through Ellijay on the way to Blue Ridge on Fridays. We understand they have live music on Friday nights so we will be sure to go back next time.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“We love Jilly's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Great food, excellent service, and an awesome atmosphere!! My friends and I LOVE hanging at Jilly's!!

Savannah
“Good little pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This place is worth a visit. We had sandwiches and drinks. They were cooked just right and the drinks(wine and beer) were good. I recommend ordering the house special on drinks. We met one of the sons of Jilly and told him how good the food was and that we would come back again. All service was great and very friendly and gave us recommendations of places to visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Macon, Georgia
“This place was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This was in the during all the Fall Festivals so every restaurant was packed. We went and and were seated at a table for 2, with a Birdseye view of the tv, which made hubby happy, since he was missing the big game. The waitress told us before we ordered that it would take about 45 minutes to get our food, which I really appreciated. I ordered the chicken, roasted red pepper and pesto on ciabatta bread with pasta salad. It was in my top 5 best ever restaurant sandwich! My husbands hamburger was as big as his plate and the meat was bigger than the bun! His fries were very crispy. Our food was hot and fresh and our waitress, Karla, took good care of us. Hope we get to go again!

Visited October 2013