“Very peaceful.” 4 of 5 stars

Georgia Guidestones
Elberton, GA
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Called America's Stonehenge, these stones mark the spot believed to be the center of the universe by the Cherokee Indians.
Hartwell
6 attraction reviews
“Very peaceful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is in the middle of nowhere...that is what makes it so unusual. It also has some very wise things to say...everyone needs that. If you have driven by without stopping you have missed a blessing.

Augusta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Off the beaten path”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Georgia Guidestones are located off thebeaten path on a secondary road in Elberton, Georgia. If you're intrigued by the unexplainable (like why would anyone spend their money on such an odd exhibit), it's worth a look-see. The 15-minutes spent there will provide interesting conversation on the drive back to the major thoroughfare.

Columbus
40 attraction reviews
“The Ten Commandments of the Antichrist?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Today’s adventure took us 113 miles northeast of Atlanta to Elberton Georgia.

Often referred to as the granite capitol of the world, Elberton is home to 45 quarries which produce more than 250,000 monuments and markers every year. But, we didn’t drive two hours to learn any of this, it’s one specific monument, only eight miles away in the tiny hamlet of Nuberg, that drew us here.

In the late 1970s a man calling himself RC Christian walked into...

Complete review here: http://exploringtheusbyrv.com/?p=5575

Visited December 2011
Toronto
39 attraction reviews
“Part of the "what .... " culture in this world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

En route from Atlanta to Augusta during a recent 'road trip' I had planned to attend the Georgia Guidestones. And I did. Unfortunately my schedule got smooshed (read - I jammed too many things in to it and as a result couldn't remain 'flexible'). As a result I ended up NEEDING to go there on a tremendously rainy/grey yucky weather day. And yet it was cool and I am SO glad I went and at least viewed them in person.

I touched them .... I watched someone else interact when I was sitting in my vehicle readion HOPING the stprms would subside. It was an odd visit frankly, yet the "stones" themselves were cool

NOW, on the way there this gas station I went too was TOO weird for words (they ddin't know what to do with my chip in my AMEX (can you say twenty-first century bbusiness please?!). And were rude about THEIR ignorance ... and I just smiled and hoped with good energy ... and then left and hoped to get to another station whilst driving in this tremendous storm and sort of in the middle of nowhere - made it of course!)

Anyway, see the Guidestones if you can. They are just sitting there on the side of the road -- no fanfare --- no waving flags --- just a group of granite with writings and 'contravery surroiunding.

Visited November 2011
Abbeville, South Carolina
20 attraction reviews
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Even though I have lived within an hour of these for 30 years, I had never seen them until today. We just happened down hwy 77 and there they were. An interesting concept and neat that someone had conviction enough to put the money into location and material to express those convictions. There was no defacement visible. The astronomical research into placement of stones and cuts is impressive all by itself. Well worth the few minutes it takes to stroll around.

Visited October 2011