We stated at the Lodge for a wedding in October. We had made our reservation several months before, asking for a king bed. Upon arrival this type of room was not available, We were pit in a room with 2 queen beds which was fine. As it turned out, it was a good thing a second bed was available. In the night, the sheets and mattress pad pulled off one side of the bed revealing what looked like someone had a horrible accident or given birth in that bed! It should have been thrown out, but they didn't even bother flipping it over (unless that was the good side). We switched to the other bed. I was afraid to look under that one. I didn't bother mentioning it till we left. I'm not saying they would have held it against us during the remainder of the stay, I just didin't want to take any chances. It was also noisy at night, and the temperature control was difficult. It was thermostatic, but it was more like all or nothing. My key didn't work, and neither did the next 2 I was given. The desk clerk was kind enough to come up with a master key and eventually remedied that problem, The pool area was okay, but the pool wasn't heated, so even with 80+ weather, you couldn't swim. but the "lake" area was sadly neglected. From a distance it looked like there was a fun party raft, but when we got closer, you could see it was filled with dirty water and unusable. The continental breakfast was pretty poor. They ran out of individual cartons of juice on Saturday morning saying there wouldn't be anymore till Monday. Really? First, they new they'd have a full house that weekend and could have prepared, secondly there's a Publix a quarter mile away...go buy some. We ate breakfast down the road after the first day. All in all it was a disappointment. Maybe I'm a snob used to staying in high end hotels, but I wasn't expecting that. I took a picture of the bed, but they didn't really care to see it.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge On Lake Oconee Hotel
- The Lodge On Lake Oconee Hotel Eatonton
- Hotel On Lake Oconee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Oconee in Eatonton, Georgia, The Lodge on Lake Oconee is a beautiful lake front hotel featuring cozy rooms and suites and exceptional amenities. Views of Lake Oconee are abundant from the lake side rooms and the outdoor pool and hot tub. Relax and enjoy all that the Lake Oconee area has to offer including a moments drive to championship golf at Harbor Club & Reynolds Plantation; outstanding Boating, Bass & Crappie fishing; the historic towns of Madison, Greensboro, and Eatonton; the Antebellum Trail; and quaint Antique Galleries and unique local shops.Our guests find themselves centrally located between Augusta - with the Masters Golf Tournament, Athens - with the University of Georgia Bulldogs and Milledgeville - with the Georgia Military College and Georgia College & State University. It is a short drive to the Rock Eagle and Rock Hawk Effigies, Oconee National Forest, and Hard Labor Creek State Park and much, much more. Our lake front hotel is located just 90 miles from Atlanta & Hartsfield Airport. Perfect for Business Meetings, Vacation Getaways, Weddings and Family Reunions.Escape to Georgia's Lake Country at The Lodge On Lake Oconee...where Affordability and Luxury meet...why stay anywhere else! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Lodge on Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.