“Fun place to eat at the lake!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Eatonton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Next to the large resort of Reynolds Plantation. A true find. A group of 6 golfers choose to eat here 3 of the 5 nights we stayed in the area. Extremely well priced with every type of food- fresh seafood, red meat, chicken,pasta, ribs (best we ever had). Not extensive wime list, but very well priced.
“Fun place to eat at the lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

There is not even a sign that can be seen from the road (just the one that says "bar and grill". The staff have all been there forever and the bar is the best place to eat. You meet the nicest friends there. The food is surprisingly good. The bartender is great! Don't miss the Philly CheeseSteak Spring Rolls----Outstanding! Have been four times now and will be back again, next time at the lake.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Expected so much more!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We are always looking for unique local places to eat; so when we were in the Eatonton, GA area looking at a new (to us) motorcycle, we heard about the Silver Moon and decided to give it a try. Upon walking in we put our name on the chalkboard at about 5:30 p.m. We were only the fourth name on there and in fact, the only twosome remaining at that time. Most of the folks that go in there appear to be large family groups of 5 or more.

Once a two top opened up we were seated and got our drinks. We did notice that they had fresh oysters and huge fresh shrimp adjacent to the waiting area. I'm sure "this" was on purpose!! Seeing the shrimp, my wife decided to play it safe and order the fried shrimp plate. I had the fish and chips since that had been recommended to me. I asked about the oysters but at $17/dozen, I didn't feel like they were worth it. (Double the cost of Panama City, FL) Yes, I am spoiled now.

Upon receiving our meals and tasting them, my wife was VERY disappointed in the taste of the shrimp. 4 out of 6 were that large size, but two were of moderate size and for a price of $17.00 she didn't think it was reasonable. In addition to this, the shrimp didn't have any flavor in the breading; which was disappointing. The fries we both got were just underdone string french fries again with little flavor. (Thank goodness for catchup!!) The Cole slaw was good.

My fish I must admit was delicious. My meal cost $12 and the piece of fish was about 9 inches long and was heavily breaded with a great flavor.

All in all, I guess the restaurant was a little too "built up" in its reviews for us and we were expecting much more flavor, service, and overall, choices. Obviously this is "the place to go" for those coming to Lake Oconee for their weekends, but it appears they have lost their way among the unique restaurant crowd.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with delicious food and excellent service. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. I recommend this restaurant highly!

Visited April 2013
Belfast
“Great shrimp and steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Group of 8 of us at this years Masters. We were staying on Renyolds Plantation and stumbled upon the Silver Moon. Made extremely welcome and ate there 3 out of 5 nights. Atmosphere really good. Greg & Ginger and girls made us feel very welcome. Their barbequed shrimp was awsome and steaks were fantastic. Some nice wine as well. Highly recommend the Silver Moon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newburg, Maryland
“nice evening out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice place, inside looks better than outside, plenty of space. menu is well planned. Selection is good. seafood dish preparation and presentation good.

Visited December 2012