“Deplorable!! I checked out as fast as I checked in!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813

You added Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   3601 North Desert Drive, East Point, GA 30344 (Formerly Diplomat Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 East Point B&B and Inns
Clinton, Maryland
“Deplorable!! I checked out as fast as I checked in!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

This place was horrible, and I actually had what was considered a suite. I arrived late at night and should have known something wasn't fight when I saw a police car camped in the parking lot. Then I get inside to a bunch of folks in head scarves and bedroom slippers waiting to check in. There was no lobby to pleasantly view. The room was disgusting--and it was a suite. It was old, dilapidated, and the walls were peeling. Hair was in the blanket. I itched just looking around. There were no towels or wash cloths in my bathroom, and when I requested them, they told me that they didn't have any more!!! I checked out immediately and demanded that the manager process my refund and release the hold on my credit card immediately the next morning!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I wouldn't care if it had been "free". The place is a "DUMP".
We got stuck because of weather in Atlanta, so AirTran gave us a "discount'" voucher. Had I only known where we were headed to late at night ------- "SCARY"
Toilet didn't flush, unless you removed the lid and pulled the chain up. Obvious urine deposits all over the toilet upon entering bathroom. Shower head / bathtub water diverter would not work. Leaks in the bathroom covered by floor towels. Neither of us took showers, and we were worried about getting Bed Bugs from the place. What seemed like blood stains or coffee stains all over the side of the box spring. Television channel changer didn't work. Sticky floors. Why would you have kitchenettes when there was nothing to eat in the vicinity? The place looked like a cheap $100 a week druggie rental. Like someone else had mentioned, there was marks all over the entry door, like someone was trying to break in with a crow bar. The security lock was barely attached any more and would not have deterred anyone.
The airport waiting/seating area would have been a better choice to sleep the night away.
Once again --- Avoid this place at all cost - unless there is absolutely no other choice in the world.....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I left home at 4 AM after spending hours trying to rebook a cancelled flight but by the time I got to Atlanta Delta had canceled my re-booked flight. have a 19-hour wait until I can get out of Atlanta. They provided me with a subsidized voucher to this hotel (I still had to pay $47.) Beyond drab, dingy, dirty, and noisy, it has people cruising the parking lot (employees?) smoking, chatting on cells and with one-another. The door has a small hole around the lock. So I'd say that I feel unclean and unsafe. I plan to leave the premises at dawn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My stay was very relaxing. The staff was very effiecent

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hope, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My family and I went to Atlanta for a family mini vac. Hotel was not what I expected from the pics, but acceptable for time we were staying. Spent one nite, next morning several vehicles had been broken into(including ours) GPS were stolen out of all vehicles. Broken windows, popped locks, so we left that morning and headed back home. They even had a sign on side entry door that said "Not responsible for damages to vehicles or stolen items"....They should have had this sign on front door. Rooms small. Pool in a separate building from hotel. Side entry door did not lock even though had slot for room key to open it. Here the thing...they have security but guess he didn't work that nite when all this was going on in the side parking lot. There was a security camera on side wall. Would not stay here again....EVER...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

My daughter and her husband just spent the night at this property. Their flight was cancelled and Delta put them up here. Her first call to me was "Mom this place is disgusting!". The bathroom wasn't clean, the A/C wasn't working, there were cracks in the walls, and the carpet was dirty. Guess the new management isn't finished yet. Spoke with another guest in the elevator who reported cockroaches in their room. They did say breakfast was good. Pictures to follow.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Lagrange, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I chose the hotel for a short overnight before an early morning flight. It was suitable for my needs of a clean bed and a free airport shuttle. However, I would say that you should choose another hotel if you lack patience, understanding, and flexibility.

Pros:
Decent Internet Connection (It was better than that of more business oriented hotels)
Okay gym (One True treadmill and One Elliptical, looked fairly new)
Deluxe Continental Breakfast (Basic continental fare, plus a waffle maker)
Clean bedding, full sized fridge, and microwave in room

Cons:
Laundromat on-site featured broken detergent machine, so no way to actually do laundry there unless you travel with detergent and whatnot
Pillows on bed were extremely small (picture a sofa throw pillow in a white pillow case)
Elevator reaked of cigarette smoke
Waited 40 minutes for Shuttle from the airport to the hotel
7 am Shuttle to the airport left at 7:21 am, wasn't asked what airline and was dropped off at the South Terminal when I was checking a bag @ the North Terminal

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta - Airport Convention Center #4813? Share your experiences!