“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in East Point
NYC
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We are here on business and we more than pleased with the value, location, and most of all the service. It did not start out great as we waited for more than 30 minutes for the shuttle. We called twice and were told the shuttle would be there any minute. Fortunately a shuttle driver for another hotel said he would drop us off. The front counter staff - friendly and funny. The housekeeping staff - friendly and professional. The meeting room staff - fast and efficient. Restaurant staff - prompt, polite, funny, and overall a pleasure. We are absolutely coming back here on business in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Freedomtrail:

Thank you for choosing our property and appreciate your kind words for our team. Our team is dedicated in making sure that each and every guest has an exceptional stay with us and that they feel right at home, after all we are your home away from home.

Many thanks to you for your loyalty and Hilton Garden Inn brand for future stays and if there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We will see you soon!!!

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Clermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Facility and accomodations were exceeded the expense. Very. very nice public areas and rooms. Breakfast staff always met you with a genuine smile. All of the staff were cheerful and extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Alfred D:

Thank you for taking time to post this fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all your praise for our team as they all are dedicated to create a wonderful guest experience for all of our guests.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will continue with your patronage. We hope to see you soon.

charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was back in the area and given the great experience I had in the spring, I chose this hotel for my visit.

As before, the rooms were clean and comfortable (this trip involved my extended family and we had multiple rooms).

While breakfast was good (it was part of our room rate), our orders were wrong both days. Not sure if it is the servers not giving the cooking staff the right information or if it was the cooking staff not listening. Despite the mishaps, the food was good.

We visited the bar on our first night. I found the selections minimal, and there were very few middle shelf brands, let alone top shelf. I was very disappointed with the selections (but the bartender was great and very efficient).

Saturday, there was some type of event at the hotel, so parking was non-existent. I had to park on the grass, in a vacant lot near hotel property, because every space was taken (literally) due to the event at the hotel. I think the management should consider this when booking events as paying guests are greatly inconvenienced.

Despite the problems above, it was still a great stay and I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Neil P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear carolinasunshine13:

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking time to write this review. We have taken your suggestions in improving our bar selections and we should be able to implement it very soon at our bar. I have spoke to my F&B staff about the mix-up and they have assured me that they will be more careful in taking and delivering right orders. My apologies if your stay wasn't perfect.

We do look forward to seeing you soon at our hotel whenever your plans call for a visit in our neighborhood.
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had an event at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport North and was overwhelmed by the the staff from the time I checked in to the time I departed. The staff treated me as if they had known me all my life and always addressed me by my name, good memory! The food and drinks were outstanding and affordable the room was always clean and ready, and In particular the staff, Yolanda, Nick and Raymond went out of their way to make my stay pleasurable. Cordel took ownership in his job, he always made sure I had everything I needed in my meeting rooms timely, made sure they were secure and came to see me when I was packing up to leave to assure my boxes were secured for shipment the next day. I highly recommend Hilton but give this facility 5 stars or make it 6!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear jhewlett:

Many thanks for choosing our property and posting this wonderful review. Hilton Garden Inn brand is an ideal choice for business travelers. We have everything, right where you need it. And our team takes it couple of notches higher with our warm southern hospitality. Nick, Raymond and Cordial are three of many hospitality superstars we have and we are fortunate to have them on our team.

Thanks you again and we hope to see you back with us soon.

Sincerely

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I consider this hotel a hidden GEM in southern Atlanta. The facilty is very clean and the staff, including Michelle the GM, are among the top service providers in the hotel industry. They are very friendly and accomodating! I highly recommend this hotel. The cooked to order breakfast is excellent!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here many, many times and I have never had a bad room or experience.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Susan M:

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Your compliments are very much appreciated and thank you for the fantastic review.

We take pride in what we do and we try our best to provide the hospitality and service that Hilton is known for. We are glad that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast.

Regards,

Concord, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Food was good. Rooms were quite. Easy in and out. Rooms smelled very fresh. Bathroom was very clean. Beds sleep good. Did not hear any airplanes. Very close to the location for my meeting the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Mike C:

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking time to post this wonderful review. Your kind words are very much valued. We take pride in what we do and we try our best to provide the hospitality and service that Hilton is known for. We are here to make sure that each and every one of our guest has a wonderful guest experience.

We are glad to be part of your trips and looking forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Atlanta, GA

Warm Regards

Anil Patel, GM
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The only reason I gave it a 2 was how great the janitor was. He went out of his way to help us many times. Wish I had got his name. The problem is the house keeping staff. We noticed our first day members of the staff being picked up or dropped off for work. When the employees would get out of the car the driver would park and then wander around the cars in the parking lot. Since our car was broken into (luckly they must of got scared, nothing stolen) I can only believe these are the people responsible. Another problem was on check out day. House keeping just entered our room at 9:00am. If the guest are leaving that day they have no business entering the room until they check out. I have never gave a hotel a bad review but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Neil P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear homewood_travel:

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. Please call me direct at 404-477-6615 so I can explain to you the steps we have taken to ensure that this kind of incidents does not happen again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!