“HGI Hotel- very clean.. East Point area- HORRIBLE AND SCARY!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Florida
“HGI Hotel- very clean.. East Point area- HORRIBLE AND SCARY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We decided to stay at the HGI Atlanta Airport North because of the great reviews and the Hilton reputation. After exiting into the city, our first sight was a guy being arrested at the Waffle House. (which is down the road from the hotel). There were many questionable looking people hanging around this area. We had previous reservations at the hotel, so we felt obliged to stay. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean, which made us feel comfortable about being there. During our 2nd night, we returned from the Braves baseball game around 10:30 pm and had a very difficult time finding a parking space. The hotel was hosting an event in the ballroom, which explains why we couldn't find a parking spot. We parked in the only available spot in the back, which we thought would be fine, since the parking lot was well lit. The next morning, as we were beginning to load our vehicle, we discovered that our lock had been punched and our vehicle was burglarized. Over $1800 of missing merchandise. Yes..my nice camera and other items were hidden, but the thugs didn't mind crawling through my truck to find what they wanted and didn't pay for. The private investigator finally called today, and explained this hotel has been hit at least 50 times since April 2012. Which leads to my next point--it is not HGI hotel's fault that thugs burglarized my vehicle. But since they know there is a problem, maybe a security guard or a locked gate would be beneficial, if they want to protect their customers and keep them coming back. HGI did help us by reimbursing our 2 nights and we are grateful for that. I would love to say that I would stay again, but this has been very traumatic for myself and my family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Online_Media_Mngr, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our security department, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Thank you for understanding, however we want you to know that we do everything possible to ensure that our guests and their belongings are safe and secure. We will make the necessary improvements and if I can assist you further, certainly let me know.
Thank you.
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
columbia maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, everyone and everything
Was good. I would stay here again, if you need to stay by the airport this is a good choice. The eating area was better than most Hilton Garden Inn that I have been in.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I cannot remember a time that I stayed in a hotel where the staff was so friendly, so well trained, so well informed, and so pleasant to work with. It is really NICE and reassuring to know that this level of service and commitment can be shared by employees at a company given our current state of the economy. I asked someone mopping to floor to help me and they knew exactly what to do and were very informed. Wow is all that I can say! I will only stay here when I visit the Atlanta Airport area from now own. Truly a remarkable experience for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Close to the airport; nice, clean rooms; good customer service. The staff was very accommodating to my needs. The ballroom was very nice as well. I recommend this place if you need to stay close to the airport.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently stayed at here & it was such a wonderful experience! First off, the shuttle that picks you up from the airport is a major convenience & the driver was so friendly & nice! Once at th hotel, the front desk staff was extremely helpful, nice, friendly, & all around great! The 2 front desk standouts though we're Dee & Raymond. They were so nice & helpful and just beyond warm & welcoming and helped with anything I needed. The hotel room itself was spacious, clean and very nice. And I must say the bed was one of the comfiest ones I've ever slept on! The hotel restaurant was convenient & very nice & had a good selection of food. I must give high praise for the cook as well, Clifford, who was attentive & very friendly. The pool area was clean & nice and overall, this was a wonderful hotel with wonderful staff who clearly take customer service seriously and they set a high standard for other hotels. I loved this hotel and would absolutely recommend it and the next time I'm in the Atlanta area, i can guarantee I will stay here again!

Fort Mitchell, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel definitely lives up to the name brand. Anything that you could possibly imagine in a great night of rest, relaxation, or just some quiet time in a room alone with no outside interference, this is the spot. The customer service is the greatest. The location is close to the airport and just about every restaurant is within walking or a very short driving distance. The price was absolutely worth every penny. I love the decor throughout the hotel. Just walking through the front entrance, you have the feeling that you will not want to leave. I did not have the breakfast the next day, but it is offered. All hotel employees are nice and attentive and are there to ensure that you are guaranteed the best in service. It is right off of the interstate but far enough away that you don't hear traffic at all. For any occasion, a stay here would be loved by all.I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again if needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maumelle, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

After several disappointing hotel stays last week throughout Georgia, I am so glad I looked on trip advisor and stayed here! Great service, quiet, ad very clean! I will be staying here again! The beds are very comfortable and the rooms were very clean!! Great place to stay when in town on business!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!