“bad management and with rotten food” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 43 Restaurants in East Point
Cuisines: Japanese
Decatur, Georgia
“bad management and with rotten food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I had gone to this location very often. To the point of my co-workers and I call it "Kiku Friday". What a horrible experience today especially with us introducing this restaurant to two new associates, who could have been two more potential clients. I received rotten broccoli in my vegetables(ordered from the sushi side-not at hibachi table). I showed it to my waiter and he said he would show it to the cook. I was given more vegetables to-go and I examined them and they had rotten(gray) broccoli in it also. At this point I do not want to pay for my food because I ordered a meal and not separate items. I asked to speak to the manager and he disrespected me. We were informed that this location was under new management. The manager told me that the broccoli was not rotten but it was soy sauce. I informed the "manager" that I knew what rotten broccoli looked like because I had had it in my refrigerator before and that I do eat broccoli at home. I was very insulted about the fact that I was told that there was nothing more that could be done. I could not even get a fresh batch of vegetables because both times the food was rotten and other co-workers had to go back to work. This new manager does not have good customer service skills. When food is bad the chef should have discarded the batch. The food is too expensive for anyone to pay for bad quality. The quantity is already not what we expect but sometimes people with accept that fact if the food quality is good. Therefore my waiter did not get a tip because his manager was to busy trying to get money for the food. With this being said I do not think anyone at my table gave a tip and that is so unfortunate for my waiter because he did not cook the food, nor did he require that we had to pay for it.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

sushi_24
“Yum-O! Sushi lovers MUST try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

So i can honestly say that i have been to over 20 sushi places all over atlanta and south of atlanta and i am VERY PLEASED with how kiku's been turning out. I've been to the lenox kiku for their lunch and was very impressed and the family oriented one in fayetteville has awesome service but the CAMP CREEK KIKU really made me write this review. THEIR SUSHI ROLLS AWESOME! As a "poor" college student it really takes a toll on me when i feed my sushi cravings but when i went to the kiku in east point me and my friends were able to get some of the best rolls and all ended up spending less than $20! I LOVE their NEW ORLEANS roll (crawfish stuffed roll deep fried with spicy sauce on top) and the VOLCANO roll thrilled by scallop loving self.
They also do to-go's and have hibichi tables for large groups (they had a birthday party when i was there and it was sweet).
i think i'm going to be going to get a new oleans roll tody~