“Given the choice, I would stay elsewhere.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in East Point
Houston, Texas
“Given the choice, I would stay elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Courtyard was just average in my opinion. The decor is nice as if it is new or newly renovated but their services left a lot to be desired. For starters, the housekeeping staff never cleaned our room until we finally asked on the Sunday before we checked out. I am not used to this. Every hotel I have ever stayed at cleaned the rooms on a daily basis. The housekeepers merely came in and brought fresh towels daily. Secondly, I was in room 407 and this room had a weird smell. It almost smelled like mildew or something. Thirdly, the business center has 2 computers but only one of them could get onto the internet. If you are a business person who needs to print something in the center this could pose a problem. I had to wait for a long time to print an item because there was another guest using the computer. This caused me to be late for an event I was heading to. I would suggest that the Courtyard invest in another computer or make the second computer accessible to the Internet or printing rather than for flight info only. Lastly, because of its convenience to the airport the hotel is in a rather noisy area. I could hear planes taking off and landing all day long. I am a rather light sleeper so this was a bit annoying for me. My husband didn't have a problem with it because he can sleep through anything. Don't expect free breakfast at this location either. Depending on what you like, breakfast ranges from $8-10 but I will have to say it was pretty tasty so worth the money. On a positive note, the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I also loved the fact that they offered a 24 hr shuttle to the airport. Overall, given the choice I would probably choose not to stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed in Marriott Courtyards for close on 25 years and this was my worst experience ever.
Until now I've never had cause to write a bad review and only use this platform for praise.
The Courtyard Atlanta Airport West failed me in a number of ways.

1/ Housekeeping, I requested additional pillows as the 3 pillows on my bed were very small and thin. I received response from the Housekeeping line and the front desk were not interested, later they did call my room and asked me to collect a pillow from the reception desk (what happened to service?) this turned out to be a small pillow and a blanket in a plastic bag designed for a roll-away bed ! Useless !!
2/ Breakfast. The Breakfast was unbelievably bad. Virtually nothing left in the Buffet. No Juice! No Yoghurts! Untidy display of what was left on the counter.
The serving staff were shuffling about like Zombies, not clearing tables. My coffee was served in a cracked cup which flooded my table. It was not wiped up. They bought my bill, $38. obviously unable to add up ! Then it took an age to bring my change.
3/ The staff in general appeared to be surly.
4/ The pool and hot-tub area was dirty.

There are many really good hotels serving Atlanta Airport, this sadly isn't one of them, and it is not cheap!

The only positive comment I have is that the Shuttle Bus driver was a very pleasant man.

AVOID THIS PLACE !

Room Tip: Check out your room before signing in!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Arrived here at 8pm after flying all the way from Australia in September. Previously had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Camp Hill and was keen to see the difference.
PROS
* excellent free shuttle to ATL airport with super friendly drivers
* friendly check in staff
* fantastic high quality beds
* flat screen TV in room with premium cable channels
* spacious clean room with modern bathroom
* bar fridge
* good rates for seniors and AARP
* close to Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, an Italian place, Taco Bell
CONS
* no iron or ironing board in my room
* breakfast was extra: full buffet about $12, continental about $8
* some plates and cutlery were a bit dirty

Prefer the HIExpress as its newer and fresher but the Courtyard was about $50 cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms are very spacious and nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool, hot tub, and gym are very clean. There is a nice outdoor area to sit and visit. Easy access to the interstate and downtown area. I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Atlanta area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've always enjoyed pricelining hotels in the Atlanta area. The rooms are always so nicely decorated and clean. This time we had a luxury desk area that held our laptop, 3 cameras, and 2 cell phones that all needed charged while we slept.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for years since they've opened. They have changed managers a few times but have kept the staff in tact.....UNTIL NOW. The new manager is rude. The new desk lady is rude. The new maids are very rude and frankly put, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR BELONGINGS (which I overheard happened) and not clean your room properly (WHICH I EXPERIENCED). Towels for one in the room (2 Queen Beds). Rude lady at the desk (Nicole) if you ask for more towels, or at least what you are supposed to have in the room. A giggling "manager on duty" that doesn't seem to have a clue what Marriott service is. And a clueless General Manager that states I AM THE GENERAL MANAGER as though that makes up for her lack of knowledge and her curt attitude. THIS PLACE HAS GONE WAY DOWN. MAYBE ANOTHER MANAGEMENT CHANGE BEFORE THIS PLACE BECOMES A MOTEL 6.
The bartender Gail is still wonderful as is Saida and the breakfast guy Brian.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We have many corporate training meetings nearby. The hotel staff always goes out of their way to help. The set up food we order in, arrange local restaurants, run a special ticket bar for us, and many other things. The property is new and clean but it's the staff that keep us coming back.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!