“Small” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 attractions in Farley
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Step inside the Alton Towers Spa and find yourself in a blissful oasis of luxurious tranquillity nestled inside the Alton Towers Hotel, the perfect place to let your senses wander and your cares drift away. Spoil yourself with our complete range of personalised spa treatments, from a revitalizing facial to a heavenly massage or aromatic body treatment from Elemis. Or let our expert therapists leave you feeling pampered with one of our beauty essentials - including finishing touches from Shellac Nails, Fakebake and Bare Minerals make-up.Within our Aqua Relaxation Rooms every door opens to reveal a myriad of wonderful surprises. Unwind and refresh mind, body and soul as you wander from the serenity of our pool, to the calm of our Crystal Steam Room, Meditation Room, or our brand new traditional outdoor log sauna.
Derby
3 attraction reviews
“Small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Went for a spa day with 2 treatments. Had a full body massage and mini facial which were very good. Meal was very nice too but a bit uncomfortable eating in restaurant wearing robes with other hotel guests there. A nice range of spa facilities but disappointed witht he pool which is too shallow. The ladies changing rooms/ lockers are far too small and we could only find one toilet. We also had to share a locker which could be inconvenient at times.

Visited August 2011

london
“Park Excellent- Hotel not so much"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed for two nights at The Alton Towers Hotel, arriving late one evening. We had dinner at the secret garden which was beautiful. There was also lots of enertainment which was good for the kids. That night we were all tired and the beds were silentnuight- but very uncomfortable. Next morning breakfast was good. We went to the park which was excellent! would definately recommend it! The food wasnt excellent- but what more do you expect from a quick hotdog! That night we ate dinner at Splash Landings. It was a buffet- but was very expensive- and although it was a buffet after everyone eating so much junk food- who wants to eat that much. That night was vry unciomfortable. No ody could sleep which people running up to corridor at one in the morning and then getting calls- with someone saying "sorry- wrong number!"
when checking out we did complain and were given "ultimate fasttrack tickets." This was kind however it didnt make us less tired!
The park once again was excellent- the rides very good. Air was the best!

Visited August 2011
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Very Disapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Having spent one day at the park (which was enough for anyone) my hubby very kindly booked me into the spar for the day.
I cant tell what a let down this was, on arrival I was optimistic but after being shown threw to the very small and dark changing room, not enough room for two people to change without bumping into each other. Then to look threw and see the very grubby showers which allowed no privacy and were also cold to add insult to injury. I can only say my heart sank.
The Spa area itself was small but looked ok, then when I asked about recliners I was told these were outside as there wasnt enough room for them inside!!! As it was overcast and showery I did not feel like going outside to put my feet up.
Again the showers were very cold but was assured the did get warmer but I never found this to be the case, tryed the foot spa again cold. Then some local ladies came in and when I said they were cold they agreed and said this was not the norm. After several attempt the girls on the desk then agreed and contacted a plumber (not that any of us seen one).
There was some fruit which was at least fresh but attempts to have cups for the water cooler fell on deaf ears.
I went upstairs to have lunch which was pleasant and freshly made I did change out of my robes but was told they were happy for you to go up without changing ( I wasnt keen as its 2 floors down and you have to walk threw the hotel, no lift), this meant another fight with the cold grubby showers!!!
Overall I would be hard pressed to give it a 3 out of 10, the whole time I was there from 10am till 3.30 (I left early) the water was never checked for chemical levels cleanliness extra. The last straw for me was seeing hair floating at the side of the pool.
I think they should have a look at the likes of Crieff Hydro which we have stayed at in the past which was how a Spa should be like.
Very very disappointing

Visited July 2011
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Should be a beauty salon more than a spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I went with five friends for a hen party. There was only one ladies toilet in the spa which staff and customers used, There were only two showers and they were not private everyone could see you having a shower so we waited until we got back home to have a shower. The changing room was very small and again not private. The drinks were expensive for what they were. We had the same dressing gowns for the whole day and they were wet if you wanted another one you had to pay £1.00. The spa was nice but not very big the staff were friendly and my full body massage was lovely.

Visited June 2011
Glossop, United Kingdom
“ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The spa is good for the price, the pool and jacquize are really nice.
The footbaths are relaxing and the steam room is really good.
I booked 3 hrs with my friend and the time went really quickly.
The changing rooms are small and it is just one room.
The conservertory was nice and because it was hot we also sat outside.
The relaxation room is very good.
Water is provided from a water machine and plastic cups, the complimentary fruit bowl only had one banana!
It is good that it doesnt get too crowded and was worth the money.
I would go back again