“Alton ghost hunt” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 attractions in Farley
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Escape to the fantabulous world of the Alton Towers Resort - there's so much going on, the fun never stops! England's largest theme park offers 500 acres of attractions and rides the whole family can enjoy including X-Sector, Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest, Gloomy Wood and Katanga Canyon.
27 attraction reviews
“Alton ghost hunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a sort of review as it was out of theme park hours 21.00-3.30 doing an organised ghost hunt, this was really interesting to know the history and gives you a different look of the park. All I can say is I've seen things *sits in corner and rocks*. Hint for everyone aswell. If allowed don't go in the summerhouse unless your really brave

• Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“I love Alton Towers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Alton Towers is amazing, honestly it's great! I go at least once a year, and its always exciting every time I go. I went for my birthday with my friend, my Mum, her girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend. I'd recommend you have an even number group when you go, because a lot of the rides are 2 seats or 4 seats, except the flume which you can get up to 5 people in, and Duel which can have 5 in aswell. Some rides have a very long wait, like air and nemesis. They can be up to around 2 hours. It sounds very long but it fly's by when your with friends. I recommend you either go on Air or Nemesis so you can go on more rides. They are both as equally amazing as each other. Oblivion never has much of a long queue. It can be from 5-30 minutes, I think it's because people are too scared to go on it! Honestly its not that bad. I'd recommend it to anyone!!!!

Visited July 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
“Love Alton Towers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love Alton Towers!! Me and my girlfriend try and go every year, we dont get bored and there is usually something new each time so we are happy!! I always collect the tokens in The Sun so we get the two free tickets and then to go back on the second day is about £9 for both of us, we stay in Stoke on Trent at the Weathervane which is about 6/7 miles away £50 a night and that includes breakfast, so you can certainly get value for money and do it on a budget, we usually stay for 3 nights and on the last day we either use the spa at Alton Towers or the Waterpark which both are great and price wise about £30 to use the spa and £35 for the waterpark!!

In my opinion Alton Towers is the closest thing we have to the Theme Parks you get in Florida and if you like theme parks i really recomend you go here, as i said we love it and even though we have been to Florida twice and have been to Alton Towers 4 times in the last 5 years we dont get bored of it.

Visited July 2012
Telford, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Fun day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Alton towers is a must for anyone who loves rides. I love them but can never open my eyes on a ride lol! Plenty of food outlets, rest rooms and rides and attractions for all ages. I have been visiting Alton towers since 1997 and will continue to visit and I can't wait till my sons old enough to go on all the rides!!!!

Durham, Uk
34 attraction reviews
“Love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We used our annual Merlin passes to visit here for 3 days last summer, and we loved it. The annual pass gets us in an hour early, which we were excited about, but only let's you onto certain rides, where as I thought the whole park would be open, that was a slight let down but didn't spoil the fun.

Over the 3 days we ride pretty much went on every ride other than the kids ones and sonic spin all which had such a long wait time at every point of the day we went there.

The rides are awesome, real thrill seeker rides, we both loved them.

Food at the park is great. I really love the food at Merlin parks, the grill is my favourite but we also ate at the noodle place by Sonic Spinball too. Here comes my only complaint though, seating by the food areas. They get so busy, it is really hard to find somewhere to sit after you buy your food, this was so frustrating every day.

Overall though, we love the place though. And will go back this summer.

Visited September 2012