“Enjoy their chicken wings and good prices for beer and wine!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in East Ellijay
Cuisines: Chinese
Venice, Florida
“Enjoy their chicken wings and good prices for beer and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Ignore the negative reviews. The food, portions, prices and service are great. My wife and I have been enjoying their chicken wings for over 5 years. They’re crispy, with just a hint of mild garlic. When we take them home, our car is enveloped by that sweet aroma.

Today we each had one of the shrimp dishes. My wife had hers with snow peas and I had the spicy shrimp. Both dishes have a medley of veggies including mushrooms, tiny ears of corn and thick slices of peppers and onions.

Each entree has a large spring roll loaded with tasty veggies and a chicken wing. The fried rice is so good I didn’t put any soy sauce on it. Each dish was $7.25 and we had leftovers. Their beer and wine prices are unbelievably low! Seriously!

When we arrived for lunch, a mother and pre-teen son were the only customers. By the time we finished there were 3 more tables of new customers. Happy Family’s location sucks. But the food and service have always been good to us.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Needs cleaning BAD!!!!!! Bad service. No service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We eat here often as we live here in Ellijay. This place has went downhill. Service is terrible. Told server my husband wanted STEAMED rice THREE times & he still got fried. My daughter & I never got refills & our glasses were COMPLETELY empty. We stopped eating cause we were too thirsty to continue. Had to get our own to go box cause no one ever came back to our table after we got our food. The mirrors & glass on doors look like the have NEVER been cleaned. Tonight was our LAST trip which is sad cause we have always really enjoyed this place. BRING BACK RICHARD!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food was great, but the service was absolutely terrible. Our water was never refilled, and we had to wait about 15 minutes for the bill. Once we got the bill, took another 10 minutes for someone to come to the cash register to take our payment.

Ellijay, Georgia
“Clean and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

So looking for a Chinese restaurant in our local community we tried Happy Family after seeing the ad in our newspaper. We had hot/sour soup, crab cheese wontons, Mongolian beef and fried rice. Overall the food was good to very good, the owner John was friendly and it was well maintained. Had a glass of wine which was priced well for what you got and was good considering this was not a 4 star restaurant.

We will go back. If your in town stop by and try it, you should find it a solid meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Happy Family II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

LOVE!!!! this restaurant. They have great food and service. I wanted my vegetables spicy so they added red peppers to them. This was a dish that was made just for me and not on the menu. I really appreciated the fact that they went out of their way to feed me well

• Visited August 2013