“Best Hotel Stay Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Best Hotel Stay Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved my stay at the Crowne Plaza. My room was lovely, very clean, and the bed...wow! So very comfortable! A really nice touch was the small packet on the bed containing relaxing lotions for tired feet and body and a lovely spritz of scent for the room. At the front desk, Greg met me with a smile and made check in easy. He was also available to answer questions, too. The staff at Bistro 55 were very efficient and the breakfast buffet was hot and delicious.

There was a bit of a downside. This was a business trip and when I called to make my reservation, I was told that the hotel accepted a purchase order, but that I would have to talk Cameron Daniels. I left a message, but he never returned my call. After several calls and talks with different hotel staff, I landed at the desk of Terry in accounting. He was very helpful and made sure that I had a reservation.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, close to the elevator. My room overlooked the lobby fountains, but was s...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

BY my math you have a 55% chance of a decent stay and a 45% a disappointing or mediocre stay experience. Mine was sadly and needlessly the later.

This is an older nineties style hotel in need of a reno. Walk the hallway to your room and you will find that tell tale over worn and over washed carpet this is bright in the center of the hallway and gets darker as it gets closer to the walls . . . . a sure telltale sign that a reno is in need.

I write this review for my fellow business travellers and for Fritz the night rooms manager so he can use this review for ongoing training purposes.

# 1 No smiles or welcome
Front Desk agents should get their heads out of their computer screens. I arrive at 10:45pm no other guest is around, no-one checking in and only when I literally touch the front desk does the agent look up without a smile or welcome . . . . . disappointing and not up to the marketing and published service delivery standards of this or any other hotel franchise

# 2 Checking In Late Procedure
when arriving at 10:45pm and advising that I need a wake up call for 5:45am the last thing I need is a prolonged front desk agent monologue about where the pool and all of the facilities are. I suggest some empathy training because when checking in late most travellers just want to get to their room, prepare for their next day work and sleep. Whatever happened to asking late check ins if they want the 5 minute hotel facility monologue or if they want to go straight to their room?

# 3 Requesting Feather pillows
I ask the front desk agent for 4 F.E.A.T.H.E.R. pillows. He looks at me as if I am crazy advising that there are already enough pillows in the room. I check and per usual all of the offered pillows are non-feather.

# 4 How about spelling my name correctly when giving you ID
Why even after giving the front desk agent my driver’s license does he fail to correct the way my name is spelt incorrectly in his PMS reservation system? Especially after when I requested he do so? The response was ‘correct’ and when trying to use their internet log in I discover they have my name spelt in error. . . . unprofessional.

# 4 The rusty garbage pale in my bathroom has a sticker on it dating back to 1999 by basic math calculation this hotel has not had a soft goods renovation for at least 16 years.

It’s great that they have a lobby Starbucks outlet open at 4:30am . . . . keep away from their stale day old pastries that must be left over from the day before if purchasing at 5:50am as I did.

Would I stay here again . . . . . not likely. I would find a newer hotel in the area that has multiple options to select from.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is conveniently located to everything! Very nice atmosphere and clean. A secure pool area, free parking, and right across the street from the mall plus it's near all of the eateries. The staff was very accommodating because we needed extra items. Great Hospitality!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you on your recent visit with us. It is really great to hear you had a wonderful time with is and how our team was able to accommodate you when there was a need. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again the near future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed here once per year for about ten years. This beautiful hotel with water falls, rock, bushy plants, and open air feeling was falling apart. I started a letter writing campaign about three years ago. I can't swear that anyone listened to me, but they have renovated. Last year I wrote again because the elevator and a few projects had begun a renaissance of shoddy workmanship. Voila!

I've just returned! It is well on its way to it's glory. We enjoyed our room and our stay. I did request a room overlooking the wooded back area. The gentleman who checked me in told me I had it, but I did not. We stayed. The area is quiet, friendly and wonderfully soothing, which you need after taking a tedious drive on 285 with Georgians who drive too fast, too close and are fatality prone.

Room Tip: Back rooms with a view of the woods.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Dottie B,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear how we were able to meet your expectations. It really has been a joy to serve you all these years. Also, we really appreciate you leaving us comments to help with the improvement of our Hotel. Our team hope to welcome you back in ATLANTA very soon!
lafayette, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel considering the cost. The staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Some the furnishings are a bit dated but overall a good value. Very centrally located to the Perimeter Mall. I have stayed here several times and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room which is larger.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our services. Looking forward to your soon return visit.

Best regards,
Your Crowne Plaza Ravinia Family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I truly do wish I could write a positive review. A terrible experience at this hotel, all started right at check in. The clerk did not ask for my ID, no wastebasket in the restroom, no garbage bag in the wastebasket by the desk, balcony window is screwed shut, room has an odor to it, not recognized as a rewards member, bedskirts are stained, the clock in the room was not set, the do not disturb signs on the door were disgusting. On my fourth night my room was not serviced. Drinks are overpriced and the staff does not seem friendly at all. The phone in the room was unusable as there was so much static you could not hear anything. The free internet was so slow and I kept having to log in every 24 hours because it would kick you out. Very unhappy, especially being a rewards member and only staying at IHG hotels.

Dear Valued IHG Reward Member,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had experience in respect to all the issues you have encountered with us. At the Crowne Plaza, we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your ; or our own expectations. As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this should never happen again. We are creating company wide training sessions to ensure better guest service. Also,we have just added more internet hotspots for better connection and performance. We deeply value your relationship with the Crowne Plaza and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further question or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss with us at jezell@cpravinia.

Yours in Service,
Joy Ezell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in was great. Lobby and grounds differentiate this hotel but beyond that, the hotel does not shine. I did not eat in the restaurants so cannot comment on the food. The grounds are beautiful although sections had been taped off for no apparent reason. The gym was dismal. Stuck away on the fourth floor with no modern equipment. Even the treadmills are sad. Room while well laid out needs updating. Bathroom stuck in the 90s, shower had great pressure but water was Luke warm. I couldn't change the temperature in the room. Thermostat was stuck on 68 deg which got cold. Fridge made a whining noise and I had to unplug. Not sure I will be back as there are plenty of options in the area.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from The Crowne Plaza Hotel.

JaiLita Ezell

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!