“visiting your hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Tampa, Florida
“visiting your hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am visiting your hotel next week and looking forward to a great experience. I look forward to leaving a great review, we will see how it goes. Wish me luck because so far I see good and bad reviews so I am hoping for the best.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed for several days and found the room and bed very comfortable. I was close to the elevators so was a little concerned... but was still quiet.
There are several restaurants/cafes on site and i found the food quite acceptable...although not outstanding.
The location suited my purpose but is also within walking of the Marta station and over the road from a large mall.
The hotel also has a shuttle that will gladly drop you or pick you up within 2 mils of the hotel.
One quirky thing... my sink in the bathroom seemed to prefer hot water out of either tap :-) I had the maintenance man in once... but i still had issues.
All in all... a comfortable place with pleasant staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you very much for the nice reply! We are delighted to hear that you liked our hotel, especially the convenient locations for shopping. Our entire team would be delighted to hear how we were able give you a wonderful experience at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The first room that I was assigned had a stain on the spread. I called down to the front desk and they gave me a different room, which was better and it even had a couch in the room. It looked as if someone spilled something on the bed and it just didnt come out of the comforter but I didnt want to see it. They wasted no time with getting me moved to another room.

The pool left a little to be desired so I didnt use it. The bar was okay, im not a drinker but the atmosphere was nice.

Thelobby was pretty and everyone was nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Rigena Moore,
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review after your stay at The Crowne Plaza Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially on how comfortable you were with us. However, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations totally. We take pride in our property and we would like for every guest to experience each and every amenity we have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback and hope you will come back to visit us again!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just outside the Atlanta perimeter, this mildly updated IHG high rise hotel has some amenities that will please those traveling on a budget. I was traveling with elderly relatives and they enjoyed beautiful stone featured lobby with multilevel water running throughout providing a soothing atmosphere. The outside footprint includes a walking path through a wooded area. The restaurant is multi-leveled allowing a two story window view of the surrounding woods. The rooms were newly decorated but not upscale. Indoor pool and workout area were well equipped for family use.

Room Tip: Despite its location in a professional park, the rooms have a view of the woods that surround the co...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is truly wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. Well, thank you again and we hope you will visit us again in the near future!
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very bad experience with this out of date hotel, with hot room and water temperatures that could not be regulated. I was promised full refund the next day, but completely got the runaround after that. These people are very dishonest.

Room Tip: Avoid this place, that's my best advice.
Dear MaryK425,

First, Our team would like to apologize for your experience with us. We are looking more into your stay to see where we went wrong. We would like to make this right. So, whenever you have a moment please contact our General Manager or Director of Rooms. Once again we are sorry and we hope to hear from you soon.
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this property many times in the past and was never a fan but this trip was different. They have remodeled and its beautiful. The rooms were clean and the staff was efficient. As a Platinum member they upgraded me to a fantastic suite, it overlooked the hotel entrance. If I was looking for something to pick it that would be it, it was a little loud in the evening, but that wasn't an issue for me.

Elletravler,

Thank you for your feedback. Every day we are making strides to improve upon our guest experience at our hotel. Each guest deserves a enjoyable with us. Once again thank you and we hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am in Atlanta occasionally on business travel and have stayed at this Crowne Plaza on several occasions. I just returned from a quick to Atlanta and had my most underwhelming stay yet at this hotel. I'll break down my experience for you:

Location: If you're in Dunwoody on business, this is great for you. It's right next to some monstrous office parks and is directly off 285 and located down the road from MARTA if you want to escape the suburbs and head to Midtown, Buckhead, or Downtown.

Front Desk: The front desk staff has always been great. They consistently exceed my expectations and always thank me for being an IHG Rewards member and for staying at the hotel.

Public Spaces: I appreciate the whole atrium feel of the lobby, bar, and restaurant area since it fits with the wooded atmosphere outside the hotel, but it's a little dated and needs a facelift.

Rooms: For a hotel that is located right next door (literally STEPS away) from IHG Headquarters, you would think they would step their game up. These rooms are dated, the water is either cold or skin melting hot, and the tub is just something you would expect out of 1998, not 2015. I did, however, have a nice view (as nice as a view gets in Dunwoody) and I could see the Atlanta skyline in the distance. The beds were typical hotel beds, not too hard and not too soft. The decor wasn't "Motel Six", but it wasn't up to what you would expect from a Crowne Plaza next to IHG HQ.

Food and Beverage: This is where the hotel absolutely drops the ball in a most unacceptable way. The bar is FAR too small for a hotel that specializes in business and convention travel (it's not news to anyone that people on business and convention travel like to DRINK). The night I had dinner in the bar (my sandwich took FOREVER to come and the steak was tough and overcooked), the staff was completely overwhelmed and they verbalized it. Hugo did his best to run the bar well (like he does), but a female who had on a "Supervisor" nametag was cursing and I witnessed her pick up the phone, apparently call the kitchen, and proceed to yell and swear at the person on the other end over how long it was taking someone to get a "medium rare steak salad". I know she was probably frustrated with the kitchen, however this is absolutely unaccpetable, especially when someone is at supervisor level. The bar also apparently was running out of beer and had no pineapple juice on the evening I was there. Long story short, the bar is in need of a makeover, both in size and decor and in staffing.

I also had breakfast in the hotel yesterday and had to flag down a supervisor to place an order from the menu. I know most people get the breakfast buffet (also subpar), but I wanted to order from the menu. One would assume the hotel makes more money from menu orders, but maybe not? The waitress I did eventually get recovered well, however a bad taste was left in my mouth from the experience.

Overall: This hotel has massive potential. A great location across from Perimeter Mall in a town filled with great restaurants and sprawling office parks would make this an ideal location for anyone traveling to the area with its close proximity to interstates and MARTA. Sadly the dated decor and some massive service fails makes this hotel far less attractive than other IHG hotels in the area, including the Staybridge Suites down the road. One would expect big things from the hotel next door to IHG. I didn't have a choice about staying at CP this time, however whenever I have a choice in the future, it will sadly not be this hotel. I do not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a Club Floor room if you can
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jailita E, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Illlinifan08,

Thank you so much for taking the time to allow us an opportunity to address your recent experience. Striving at all times to create the best guest experience it is evident on this one occasion we failed to deliver.

Our entire staff is very proud that just as you mentioned we have the best location and highest walk ability scores directly across from the beautiful Perimeter Mall, we are also proud and pleased that you are happy with our unique open lobby overlooking water features and as you mentioned beautiful wooded area however we let you down with your overall food and beverage experience. That is not acceptable.

We have made some changes and now have one of the best Chef’s in the industry overseeing our food and beverage department so upon your return you will see a dramatic difference.
If possible could you reach out to me personally or Fitzroy Stewart in order that we can have an opportunity to win you back to the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.

Warmest Regards,

Mr. Bruce Fairchild
VP Operations

Fitzroy Stewart
Rooms Division Manager

(770-395-7700)

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!