“Good Choice - Well looked after” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Good Choice - Well looked after”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Spent 2 nights at this Crowne Plaza and while this property is mature it doesn't look or feel tired. A very interesting lay out and common area, something that you just don't find in more modern cookie cutter Crowne Plaza's I have stayed in. I would have to say this property is probably in the top 2 Crowne Plaza's I have stayed in --Worldwide. It ticket most boxes:

- Fast Check in and out
- Convenient location to a shops and restaurants.
- Good Strong Wifi
- Rooms big and tasteful
- Reasonable price for the location
- Free Parking
- Great American Breakfast

Items it could look at:
- The executive lounge was pretty much just a name. It lacked all the things that I would have expected in a executive lounge. More attention could be given to this area

Other than that would have rated it as Excellent. Good Job and keep it up.

Strong Recommend and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher Floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Miss
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The location was perfect! The room was very clean and quiet. I like to stay here and ride the Marta into the city. The only change I would like to see is my rewards card. I went from a Gold member to a Club member with the changes in the IHG organization, but this does not reflect on this particular hotel. It was wonderful! Would stay here again anytime!!

• Stayed January 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia before and loved every minute of it. This time around I was not as pleased. First, I was not allowed to check in early (it was 2:15pm but I was told to wait until 3pm) not a big deal except there were 40 other people that were told the same thing so it was an hour process with only 2 people working the desk! The garage elevators are a scary ride. They really need to upgrade them and make them less "monster like" from their appearance to the sounds they make when you're riding in them and level the stop it's a slight step up when the door opens to lobby level. Now, the room was nice. Bed and pillows were heaven! I couldn't figure out the thermostat so I would go from one extreme to the other on the temperature in the room. Bathroom could have use a touch. The toilet has a piece missing from the bottom where the screw belongs as well as a big chip out of the wall at the bottom where the pipe is. The tub was so slippery that I had to put a towel down in it to keep from falling and the toilet ran constantly. I finally figured out that you had to jiggle the handle to get it to stop running. I did request no housekeeping on one of my night stays but asked for clean towels, I did not get them. The toilet paper holders are hidden under the sink so please make sure to check them to make sure you have enough because clearly housekeeping doesn't because I don't want you to be like me and realize the hard way at 2am that you have only 1 square left! I was not a happy camper!! I did have to ask if the hotel was a smoke free hotel because my floor was consumed with cigarette smoke smell on the first 2 nights I was there. It was very strong in the hallway! Was not at all happy about that, but that's not the hotel's fault it's the individual that doesn't consider the hotel's policies!

On the positive side, the young lady that works in the club house was awesome. She was so friendly and she mingled with the guests and just made us feel welcomed. Also, I had an issue of the "hold" that they place on your card for incidentals being charged on my card for each night instead of just the one time charge, when I realized I called to front desk and the "rude" lady said that was the policy and it was a sign at the desk explaining this that I should have read upon check in. I DID read it and stated that it did not mention charging me each day (it's $40 hold and I was there 5 days which meant I'd have $200 held, that's a little unreasonable), but she wasn't hearing it. I explained again that this is not what Troy stated and that I wanted to speak with a manager to which she replied Troy is the manager and he will be in later today if you want to stop by and talk to him. I asked what time and she said 3pm. I went down at 4pm and to my surprise Troy was off that day! But, the young lady that I spoke with (I believe her name was Crystal) was as nice and pie and explained that it shouldn't be charging each day and she would see about removing my card from the system so it didn't charge it again. She apologized, smiled and asked if she could assist with anything else to help make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I told her she did all I needed.

All in all this is a nice hotel with some minor things worked out this would have been a wonderful visit. I'm sure I'll stay here again. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance, a mall across the street and you're seconds from the interstate that takes you downtown and to other parts of the wonderful city of Atlanta!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Key Largo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for 3 nights in December for work. Very nice property, but it really could be so much more. It's a little bit dated in areas, yet some things look modern and brand new. Almost like remodling/redecorating is done in shifts.

Had only one problem while I was there - woke up at 5:30 to shower, and only hot water came out of all the taps - inlcuding the toilet. Called the front desk on the first morning and they said let it run. It took 30 minutes for the water to cool down enough to stand under it. After that it went back and forth, hot to cold to hot. This happened each morning, and to a couple of my colleagues that stayed as well.

Had room service each night, and twice our server was Tsige (?). She was SUPER nice and professional.

The courtyard area out back was beautiful, although it was a little too cold to enjoy it.

Overall it was a good stay, and if I had to go to the area again, I would stay there.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The lobby and layout of this hotel is just gorgeous. The customer service at check in was wonderful. The rooms were nice and very comfortable but the bathroom was not the best. Not dirty just old and un-maintained. It was like they upgraded the entire hotel except for this bathroom. I don't know if it was just my room or if its all rooms. I had a upgraded corner suite so I would assume this room was suppose to be better. Also my friend stayed at in a room that the ac didn't turn off. After calling the front desk twice an engineer came to the room, told her it was broke then took over an hour to move hereto another room. I had no brothers but she was not pleased with the customer service.

Room Tip: No point of upgrading to a corner room because they are about the same. Either stay with a standard...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another reviewer advised this is a beautiful property but lacks in service. I agree. I stayed in this hotel for a business meeting (3 days). The meeting went off exceptionally well insomuch as there were several spots on the property to get a drink, mingle, meeting halls and breakout rooms were adequate. Additionally, there were several spots in close proximity where one could break away from the work crowd and relax.

Unfortunately, I had several nights in a row of poor sleep. The hotel bed was fine, but the halls and adjacent rooms were quite noisy. Evidently, Spring Break going on throughout the hotel and little was done to quiet the celebrations, even though the other half of the hotel was filled with business travelers. This atmosphere made it difficult to prepare and practice presentations.

Otherwise, the hotel was relatively easy to locate and get to. The individual room was not remarkable, but comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CP_Ravinia_GM, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your three-day meeting at the hotel and I'm glad your overall impression of the meeting & events you were part of met or exceeded your expectations. I'm surprised to learn of noise being a problem you encountered when trying to sleep in your guest room as this is something I rarely see in all of the reviews we receive. We will, however be sure to talk about this and review our evening security and staff patrol/walks as we pride ourselves on being the top business hotel in the Perimeter area, and we are all too aware of our guest's needs to have a great sleep so they can be fresh and ready to achieve their success! I sincerely hope you will give us a try again in the future as I'm confident with the continuous improvement and training we are doing on a daily basis we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for the feedback!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza because of it's convenient location as I was receiving corporate IHG training at the Ravinia buildings. I should have stayed at the Staybridge Suites instead. First, I did not receive the IHG training rate with breakfast included that I booked. The Front Desk staff was rude, impatient, did not greet me as a Rewards Members, was not in uniform and actually rolled their eyes at me when I asked about my rate. Upon entering the room, I was incredibly disappointed - there was paint peeling all over the ceiling and door of the bathroom, the chair was torn, and it was a double bedded room even though I booked a King. I decided to let that go as I was a young woman traveling alone and didnt want to move all my luggage once again. Later, I called down to the desk for a remote and it took them 3 hours to bring it. Downstairs I asked concierge where exactly the Ravinia buildings were, specifically building 3 and they merely pointed out the window. I asked them to call a shuttle to take me to the store. 45 mins later no shuttle, I inquire if she called and she said no, she forgot. Id like to say that was the end of it but even after bringing all of these issues to the General managers attention, I've yet to hear back. At this point, I would just like the $73 back for the IHG training rate I was supposed to get. Best part of this hotel is location and friendly F&B staff.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Erika F,

Thank you for sharing some of the experiences you encountered with some of our associates and I am certainly frustrated to learn of your check-in and front-office experience as we generally receive good feedback. We will take this feedback to heart and ensure it is specifically used as a training tool beginning tomorrow. I will also ensure we use this as a topic in our next leadership meeting making sure we have addressed any root-cause issues. Again, thank you for your feedback as it only gives our hotel the opportunity to be the best it can be. We hope you will try us again soon and see for yourself the improvements we have and are continuing to make in our transition from good to great!

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!