“Good and getting better” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
NC
“Good and getting better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Crowne Plaza at Ravinia is undergoing some renovation. When it's done it will be a very nice place. The public spaces are lovely especially the atrium and the restaurant areas. Their breakfast buffet was excellent but food in the bar can be hit or miss. I had one excellent Ahi Tuna salad then a day later had one that I had to send back it was so dreadful. Maintenance seems to be a bit of an issue as well. On my last stay the curtains in my room were hanging off of the rod - for the entire stay., There is no way that housekeeping shouldn't have noticed that and had it corrected. Also several lights in the room did not work. Other than that, cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff were never an issue.

I would certainly stay again and I would recommend the Crowne Plaza at Ravinia. The location can't be beat and overall its a fine place to stay. With just a little more attention to detail it could be great.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Galveston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am with IHG and was here for a class. The hotel is older, but holds it own. Location is great. The gardens behind leading to office are beautiful as many people noted and we all spend as much time as possible there I think. Its great place for walks, personal calls, reading or drinks with friends. Staff are helpful and friendly. I suggest a refresh on cleaning staff, nothing horrible, just details. I would and will go back. Its a beautiful property. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best I think, top floors have great views, rooms on the back side of hotel see...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

- Large quiet rooms
- Breakfasts are sufficient and I cannot complain
- Close to Perimeter mall and public transport

Overall, a good positive experience and I'm happy to give this property 5/5

Room Tip: Corner rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Rgdacosta,

Thank you very much for your kind comments during your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are thrilled that you had a flawless experience and found that of our hotel services and amenities met and exceeded your epecttations. We all greatly appreciate your business and great feed back which I will share with the entire team.We look forward to when your travels bring you back to Atlanta and the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I traveled to Atlanta on business and booked a night at the Crowne Plaza. This is my second or third time there post-renovation. Rooms are much better and no longer look worn. While they did some major work it appears that they cut some corners including old toilets and popcorn on the ceiling...

Everything was going pretty smoothy until I went to grab my towel after showering. NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A DIRTY TOWEL. It was 5:30 AM so I used the hand towels to dry off. This is is really quite disturbing to me. I plan to follow up with the hotel management as I snapped a few photos.

Overall it is not a bad place but it still needs more work and effort. So surprising considering the North American HQ of IHG is in the next building!!!

Dear, Laurawi,

Thank you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.We really value your continued patronge post renovation and please accept me sincere apologies for the dirty linen you encountered in your room which is unacceptable. I will certainly address this with our housekeeping team so we can prevent that from happening in the future. Your comments and feedback are crucial to us and we really appreciate your feedback. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the DunWoody/ Atlanta area that you will give us another oppportuity to serve you in the future.

Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was easy to access from the airport by MARTA...the hotel lobby and gardens are absolutely beautiful. I spent much time wandering the gardens during breaks. The staff are all very speedy, helpful, and knowledgeable. A pleasure to deal with. The food for my Conference Group was very well done and very tasty--lots of choices (even for a gluten free person like me). The meeting room was well equipped and the breakout and function rooms were easy to access (and there were other groups using the hotel at the same time). My room was just what I needed. One teensy weensy little problem...The air conditioning...The entire hotel is meat locker cold. Thank goodness for the lovely gardens to sit and warm up in!

Room Tip: One side has tree top/office building views...the other has a more vista-esque view of the surroundi...
Dear Lady Throwback,

We all greatly appreciate you taking the opportunity to fill out a review on your recent stay with us here at the Crown Plaza Ravinia. We all appreciate your patronage for the group you were attending and are thankful that you found the staff very knowledgable and friendly, and that the cusine was excellent for your conference.Thanks again for taking time to comment and your stay which provides us valuable feedback for us to improve our quaiity standards. We hope your travels bring you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

With high expectations for a Crowne Plaza facility the Ravinia came up short in one of three areas.

Room - the room met or exceeded expectations it was appropriately furnished and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

Banquet services - attending our 50th high school reunion included a buffet with steamship round of beef. I did find it interesting that the server of the roast beef cut the meat with a chefs knife rather than a carving knife. The food was excellent.

Breakfast - we joined several other class members for breakfast only to have the Ravinia come up well short of expectations. Wait staff seemed to consist of only one waiter for the entire restaurant. We arrived about 0930 and the restaurant was not particularly crowded. We were seated and abandoned. We learned from another classmate where the buffet was located and off we went. At the buffet what we found was obviously picked over and had not been replenished. The buffet itself had dried out scrambled eggs - edible but not attractive or in their prime. Bacon consisted of what no one wanted. I mentioned the dried out eggs and lack of bacon to a young man who was replenishing yogurt he smiled but I believe English was not one of his top 3 languages. After we returned to the table the waiter eventually reappeared offering coffee and OJ.
At $15 a head the breakfast we had was overpriced - with fresh eggs, bacon and attention to guest it would have been an excellent value.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bulldawg,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are very glad you found your stay worthy of a four star review. However, I would like to apologize for the poor service and food you encountered at the breakfast buffet. There is no excuse for this and I will assure you that the matter will be addressed and corrected immediately. We hope to see you again soon.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My longer than normal business stay was made very comfortable by a fantastic room service crew( thanks Tena ! ) the entire staff was great from the front desk ladies who got me into a comfortable room upon my very late arrival to the super nice valets and all the restaurant staff! Thanks to all for making a long week easier:)

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amdoc6,
This review makes my day. Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to respond to a survey regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. I am so pleased that you found our hotel and staff worthy of a five star review. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Atlanta/Dunwoody area.
Danny Hiatt

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!