“Laughing, not crying!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Columbus, Georgia
“Laughing, not crying!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Celebrating our anniversary with 2 other couples this past weekend, it started off well at check in when the supervisor upgraded us to the executive floor. We entered our room and rested, waiting for our friends to arrive. Returning from dinner (and many drinks) Friday evening, our electronic key would not open the door. My wife went to the front desk, returning with the clerk, whose key also did not work. Next came the maintenance man on duty and, of course, his did not work. Luckily, the subcontractor installing the new locks was just getting in his truck to leave when they called him to return. He passed his "Master" key over the lock and guess what happened....nothing. At the end of three hours, he drilled off the lock and installed a new one. The story continues the next morning when EVERYONE on the 14th floor had to take COLD showers, no hot water from the newly installed hot water heater.
The hotel staff could not have been more embarrassed or helpful. They went out of their way to provide us a courtesy room to wait in, refreshments, and hygiene products.
We have stayed there many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Everyone there from bellmen, front desk, bar, restaurant and management have always been friendly and helpful. Sometimes it is misfortune that makes a vacation or celebration memorable. So smile when things go awry and don't get angry with those trying to help!

Room Tip: Smile on arrival!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had an excellent stay the place was clean and well organized. The personnel were friendly and fun and you can get to anywhere in Atlanta from this location. Travel using the Marta system is a pleasure. The Hotel will hook you up with travel to anywhere and show a great concern with your well being.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Lomax W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. Wonderful to here that you fond the team friendly and fun, and the hotel very clean and organized. We greatly appreciate your patronage of our property and look forward to your return very soon here at the Crowne Plaza at Ravinia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We came to this hotel to stay Thursday through Sunday for a family trip. Since we were in Atlanta to do all the big things like coke, six flags, the aquarium, and the zoo.. we loved having a place to come back and relax. This hotel has everything we needed right around us! We loved our stay!

• Stayed August 2014
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have traveled to this Dunwoody hotel for a conference 5 of the past 6 years. Last year it felt like the hotel was getting run down and tired, but I was pleasantly surprised this year, in that my room on the 10th floor was nicely renovated, clean, and comfortable once again. From the airport I take Marta, and then it’s an easy walk up the hill a few blocks, or you can call the hotel shuttle to pick you up. A free shuttle is available to take guests within a few miles of the hotel, but I have no problems walking to Perimeter Mall across the street, or a number of excellent restaurants down the street just a few blocks. A few favorites are Eclipse di Luna for Spanish tapas, Sage Woodfire Perimeter (American), Maggiano’s Little Italy, and Alon’s Bakery and Market at Park Place. Service there is routinely good, and I always feel safe. Check in and check-out was easy and quick, and the grounds are wooded and pretty with a small walking trail. The Starbucks, restaurant, and bar food is good if you stay in and eat there, but I tend to prefer to go out. Looking forward to my stay next year.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Mel_W967,

Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to fill our a review on your recent visit with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and found the room clean and comfortable. We are extremely excited with the new guest room re-fresh that is completely finished, and that you will be returning on your next visit. Thanks for your patronage and we all look forward to your return here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.

Kind regards,

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here for a week for a work conference in the building. I enjoyed it for business- wish I were there for fun b/c it seems like a nice place to relax. Tips/pros/likes: ask for a room facing "the trees" - beautiful natural view; ask for a microwave when you check in if you want one; if you have a car- Whole Foods and Kroger are about 3 miles away; mall walking distance across the street; Nordstrom's Rack walking distance across the street; I heard gym could be busy in the AM; I used the walking trails out back once...so nice! gravel, shade, trees- it's short, but what do you expect for a hotel- I just kept looping around, adding some paved shaded sidewalks; great yoga studio a congested 3 mile drive away PeachTree Yoga (went there twice); I only ate in one of their restaurants once, it was ok. Bed SUPER comfortable!! Signature 52 restaurant a walk away real nice! "Cons" which I almost hate to say...b/c I enjoyed it so much for work...I can see where ppl commented on plumbing probs and I can see where they tried some solutions. It's an old bldg, what can ya do. My sliding glass door in room 519 didn't open...BUT I would still stay in that room again b/c it was big, quite and comfortable. All staff were nice. Sure, some seemed like they might have been stressed at times...hotel biz is hard work. But they were always professional. Again, I'd like to go here again if in the area for fun. Just a nice place out of the heart of the city, but still close enough to take the train downtown (walking distance). Starbucks in house and full cafe walking distance too. 4 plus Stars for me :)

Room Tip: Ask for view facing the trees!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
huntsville7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear KG,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your room accommodations and found the staff to be very professional. We agree that this is a perfect location to the Perimeter Mall and that our gardens are a wonderful distinction that sets us apart. We all appreciate your business and look forward to your next return to the Crowne Plaza at Ravinia.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for IHG training, and I was excited to see the hotel, and their service. I was let down. When I walked up to the desk they were standing around on their cell phones (one of my pet peeves). They quickly checked us in, and didn't tell us where or when anything was. When we ate breakfast, we were rushed the entire time, and didn't get our juice until we were almost done. The only good thing about this hotel was the bar on the top floor. This was nice, but the attendant was also on her phone when we went up there, she also gave one of the workers some wine in a coffee mug when she didn't think anyone was looking. Service here leaves a lot to be desired for such nice facilities. The room was always cleaned very nicely, and room service was quick. The pool needs major renovation. I almost didn't want to get in because the whole room just looked and felt dirty. I will look for another hotel next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Top floor has awesome views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear brittnitye,

Thank you for taking time to fill out a survey on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. I am very pleased that you found your room very nice and clean, and In Room Dining prompt with their service, but please accept my sincere apologies for the service issues you encountered. These issues you mentioned are totally not acceptable and I will personally meet with the department heads involved to assure these items are addressed immediately to prevent a recurrence in the future. Your feedback is valuable in helping us improve our quality standards and product. Again, we all appreciate your patronage and look forward to hosting your next visit here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia.

Kind regards,

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Problem is this..I couldn't check in at 3 as I was expecting. They just kept saying "the room is not ready". My family was so tired because of the long trip that we were having. We just needed a one room to rest. However, they didn't care about what customer needed. So much of hospitality.
I've chosen this hotel because of good reviews, but I won't recommend it if you want to check in the right time.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear haha7,

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out review on your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia. Please accept my sincere apologies for your room not being ready right at 3:00 pm. We certainly understand your frustrations, but there are certain times when we have large group check ins that we do not make that exact time. There are other ways that we could have provided better hospitality and I will personally meet with the guest service team to share your valuable feedback so we do not have this recurring in the future. The next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta please feel free to contact me so I can ensure and facilitate a flawless experience for you.

770-395-7700

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!