“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Cleveland, Georgia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice rooms and friendly staff. The food in the dining room is kinda pricey compared to the taste. The outside area is wonderful as it is tucked back in the trees with beautiful landscaping. Makes you feel like you are in the North Ga Mts. The shuttle will take you across the street to the mall and pick you up.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Pretty nice hotel and very good location for the price. The hotel seems a bit older, but fairly well maintained. It is right in the middle of everything in Dunwoody. We had a suite and it was really nice for the kids.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days while accompanying a friend on a business trip. Beds were super comfy, rooms pretty sizable. I was most impressed with the lobby - very grand. And also appreciated the Starbucks directly next door and the plethora of food options all around the area. Being across from a mall also wasn't too bad. As I soon learned, everything is far from everything in Atlanta, but I was pleased to discover that there was train station 10 minute walk away from the hotel and that the hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to the train station. I was able to get to downtown area in about an hour from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hilton Head Island, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip. I had read some of the good and bad reviews beforehand so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I enjoyed my stay very much, except for the food from The Mix restaurant/bar in the lobby.

The valet was friendly and we had no issues with parking the car. We chose to load our own luggage onto a cart.

I had a king room booked, and my co-workers had a room with 2 double beds. The front desk staff was friendly, and I was told that they had an upgrade available for me.

I was given room #1012. My room was very large, with an entrance hall, large living room/dining area with a large TV, microwave, refrigerator and bar area with coffee. The view was beautiful from the large windows. The room showed some wear and could be updated, but I found it perfectly acceptable.

The bathroom area was pretty standard - a separate vanity/sink area, a closet with a robe, ironing boards, hangers, extra blanket and pillows. The shower/toilet area was very small.

The separate bedroom had a dresser, TV, desk and bed. There was a "dream machine" clock radio that could play CD's but it took me quite some time to figure out how to set the alarm. There were large windows in the bedroom which also gave a nice view.

The bed and bedding was FABULOUS - very comfortable with 4 large, fluffy pillows. There was a complimentary set of "relaxation" goodies - a foot and leg lotion, face lotion and room/linen spray, which I enjoyed before I went to bed - I felt like a princess!

The lobby and grounds of the hotel are beautiful, with interesting high ceilings and architecture, indoor and outdoor streams and waterfalls, and paths that wind around the grounds. There are informative plaques that give info about the trees and plants, and many places to site down and enjoy the scenery.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby, along with a "quiet room" that has a TV and comfy looking chaise chairs. We went to the bar/restaurant "The Mix" to get a snack and cocktail while we waited for some other business associates. The service was good. The $8 glass of wine tasted stale, like the bottle had been open for some time. My co-worker ordered the seared tuna which came with a couple pieces of some type of sushi, and I ordered the crab cake with polenta. Both tasted very fishy.

This hotel is close to a mall and we were able to walk to a nearby Italian restaurant for dinner. They have a hotel shuttle available but we didn't use it.

Later in the evening I decided to treat myself to a piece of 7-layer chocolate cake from room service. I wanted to pay for this myself so I asked if I could pay cash and was told yes, but when the waiter arrived she knew nothing about this and had no change, so I had to charge it to the room. There was a $3 room service charge and they add 18% gratuity. The cake was DELICIOUS.

My bill had been slipped under my door and was waiting for me when I checked out the next day.

A couple things I want to mention are that the elevators are a little wonky - either some of the lights were out on the buttons, or some of the elevators weren't working. We had heard some strange noises from one bank, and I heard the next day from another guest that one of the banks of elevators had been out of service earlier. It didn't really cause a problem and I only had to wait what I would consider longer than usual on the morning I checked out, but that may have been due to the amount of elevator traffic.

Also, my co-worker told me that he did not have a clock or refrigerator in his room, which I thought was strange for this type of hotel.

All in all I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel, but it seems to be hit or miss on the rooms.

Room Tip: I was in room #1012 which was a very large 2 room suite with nice views.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hubby and I have stayed here twice using Travelocity's Top Secret Hotels. We enjoyed both of our stays, luxury for cheap! The rooms were clean and updated and staff has always been friendly. Love the underground parking. So close to lots of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great customer service from Domenique at front desk. Rooms are older but none the less nice. Location is right across from the mall, very close to the exit to jump on and off, starbucks is one block away. Overall the service was very good, and they try their best to make that happen for you.

Atlanta USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Should be a Holiday Inn Hoel, not a Crowne Plaza. This is a banquet factory so unless your family has local needs do not stay here. Pool looks great on their web site, but it is small and dreary. Corridors have dirty carpets in desperate need for a good shampoo. This entire place is old and tired and does not deserve to fly the Crowne Plaza flag. Room service food left outside door for 12 hours, asked a manager in the lobby for extra pillows at 10pm, and there was a knock at the door at midnight - housekeeping woke us up to deliver extra towels but had no pillows. Just not good enough. I am a Platinum member - most disappointing IHG I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Expattraveler100,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and for leaving us feedback. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered during the course of your stay especially with the condition of the amenities being sub par and service received from our staff. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter At Ravinia? Share your experiences!