“Great stay at the Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Rates From $109!
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Oceanside, California
“Great stay at the Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Arrived late after a long day of traveling...check in was a breeze. We had a nice suite....large living room area and mini bar area with fridge, microwave and sink. Bedroom was nice as well. It was a quick weekend stay. Didn't get up early enough to enjoy breakfast and missed the manager's reception...bummer. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Crofton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We picked this hotel based on convenience to 85, available shopping and restaurants during a weekend in Atlanta. We had to wait at check-in at 4:30 because the rooms weren't ready yet. The previous reviewers described the breakfast time right - long line for made to order eggs and some scarcity of other food items. I made sure we went down at 915 and didn't wait til the very end. The hotel was busy due to a large wedding party but then shouldn't you make arrangements food and staffing -wise? We still chose not to wait in line and so the things we ate could be the same as a Hampton Inn or similar.The inside pool/hot tub area is nicer than alot of hotels and I do like the light/windows in the lobby. The room was what I expect from an Embassy Suites.

We tried to take the free hotel shuttle down the street to eat/shop but after waiting 25 minutes we gave up and took our car. It would be a nice service but it's first come, first serve and even though they have a 3 mile limit, I guess we timed it wrong. Parking is behind the hotel and they could use a little more signage.

Perimeter Mall - unbelievably crowded. You had to stalk someone walking to their car to get a space. They should build another parking deck because if you can't park, you can't spend money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding our location, but we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced while staying with us. We welcome any comments and suggestions you may have but we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites and this particular one is a disappointment. Not only do you have to stand in line 15 minutes to get an omelet, but also if you want ANY hot food. I arrived 30 minutes and there was hardly anything on the "buffet" available, and the first day of my stay there was no buffet at all other that very limited fruit, cereal and bread.
The happy hour was no better. I waited in line 15 minutes for one drink (guests are limited to one drink, which would have been fine had I not had to wait 15 minutes). Then I was told the keg "was only foam" when it was my time to order.
The room was fine, however the tub caulk was moldy (no exhaust fan) and the air conditioning was loud.
The pool had been under construction and was supposed to be open. The hot tub had not been turned on and was unusable.
The television in the bedroom had "no service" on many channels.
On a positive note, the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
In summary, this ES did NOT live up toy expectations, and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of service with us. The problems you mentioned with our with our breakfast and manager's reception have been addressed and I again apologize for the inconveniences. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Myself and some of my family recently stayed here during the Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam Event in Atlanta. I used my points for two rooms. Upon arrival around 2pm I was told that the rooms weren't ready yet. Check in is at 3 so didn't really have a problem with that so we waited. About 2:20 pm the front desk clerk found me in the restaurant area and gave me the keys to our first room but our second room still wasn't ready. Myself and other members of the family were going to the party in the pits for the Monster Jam Event at the Ga Dome so we had to leave by 3pm to get there by 4 to be able to have time to do the Party in the Pits thing before the show. So about 2:45 I went to the front desk and again asked about my 2nd room it still wasn't ready so they gave me another room on the floor above. We had already checked out the first room and since I am a Diamond Member with Hilton Honors it was as should be, water in the refrigerator and candy and snacks in the room. We went ahead and left to go to the show without checking out the 2nd room. Thats a mistake I won't make again. We went to the show and got back late and finally got all of our stuff into the rooms. Upon entering the 2nd room I first noticed there was no hotel directory in the room that would show us other things to do and would also give us a hotel restaurant menu etc. I also noticed there was no candy, snacks or water etc in the room as should be. Also upon taking a shower I found a big clump of hair on the tub drain which means they didn't clean that too well.

I proceeded to go down to the front desk to inform the desk clerk there was not Hotel directory, room service menu or snacks, candy etc in the room. He rudely asked, "What do you want a room service menu for they are closed." He offered no solutions or any suggestions and didn't say anything else. What if I had wanted to order room service for breakfast? I guess I was just out of luck. So receiving no help I went back to the room. The next morning the family and I went down to breakfast. It was alright but nothing really special. I got my breakfast and wanted some grits to go along with my breakfast. It took them over 30 minutes to refill the container with the grits and then when they did they were very lumpy and not that good. Who doesn't know how to cook grits?? The hotel ratings on the HHonors system says it was a category 5 hotel. I would have to say I have stayed in places that would be a lot cheaper to be in that are a lot better than this place. Terrible customer service especially the night clerk. Daytime clerk when we checked in was very nice and assisted me any way possilble. The night clerk on the other hand was one of the rudest people I think I have ever ran into.

After check out when I arrived back home I emailed my concerns to the HHonors Customer support and I was emailed back from them and from the Hotel desk manager both promising to give me some points for the service I received and I have yet to get any of those promised points and its been almost a month. So I will say myself or any of my family will never stay in this hotel again. And probably never in another Embassy Suites again either. Had I been paying for it instead of using my points which cost me 70000 point for 2 rooms I would be requesting some sort of refund which I kinda doubt I would get since I still haven't seen any points as promised for the service I received. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody else, not for what the hotel looks like but simply due to the service level I received while there. Next time I will find a cheaper alternative whether it be with Rewards points or whether it be paying for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with your stay have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for. However, in regards to your points being refunded, if you would please contact me directly I can assure you that we can get this resolved immediately. Again I apologize for the inconveniences and I look forward to speaking with you.
Dry Prong, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here because of the proximity to MicroTek and the fact that the hotel offered a shuttle to & from MicroTek. I was very pleased. The desk staff was friendly, the room service was FAST, & the food was good. Great shuttle service to local destinations. Great location - close to MARTA, mall, & several good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights ago. Check in was easy. Parking is confusing - there is a deck that is shared with the building next door but the signs all say the deck is for the other building. I had to ask the hotel staff where to park. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the elevators were quick. The hotel itself is not the newest Embassy design, but still had the sitting area, desk, refrigerator/microwave area. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and the room service food was very good. The included breakfast was just ok for me. Plenty of options from sausage and eggs to fruit and yogurt. I had French toast but would not recommend it - dry and tough. Overall, this hotel was very good and I'd probably stay here again, assuming the rate is under $100.

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Well the lobby is very nice but the carpet baseboards are coming off I'm my room, the lamp shade in my room is smashed up and the side tables beside my bed are worn down. I've cleaned houses for a living so when I asked the maid if she cleaned the toilet she said yes and believe me this toilet is NO WHERE NEAR CLEAN!! They also put the wrong room number on my husbands laundry ticket so they had a little trouble finding it. The extra blanket in my room had hair all over it so when I asked for another one they gave one that is all ripped! As much as they charge you would think they could afford to upgrade the minor stuff.

• Stayed February 2013
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!