“Not bad...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not bad...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights ago. Check in was easy. Parking is confusing - there is a deck that is shared with the building next door but the signs all say the deck is for the other building. I had to ask the hotel staff where to park. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and the elevators were quick. The hotel itself is not the newest Embassy design, but still had the sitting area, desk, refrigerator/microwave area. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and the room service food was very good. The included breakfast was just ok for me. Plenty of options from sausage and eggs to fruit and yogurt. I had French toast but would not recommend it - dry and tough. Overall, this hotel was very good and I'd probably stay here again, assuming the rate is under $100.

• Stayed March 2013

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Well the lobby is very nice but the carpet baseboards are coming off I'm my room, the lamp shade in my room is smashed up and the side tables beside my bed are worn down. I've cleaned houses for a living so when I asked the maid if she cleaned the toilet she said yes and believe me this toilet is NO WHERE NEAR CLEAN!! They also put the wrong room number on my husbands laundry ticket so they had a little trouble finding it. The extra blanket in my room had hair all over it so when I asked for another one they gave one that is all ripped! As much as they charge you would think they could afford to upgrade the minor stuff.

• Stayed February 2013
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

As a General Manager of a hotel myself, I've got to say this one has it's stuff together. The staff is kind, courteous, and efficient. I was here for an entire week and did not see one ball drop by this hotel. Room service was quick, food was decent. The hot tub was hot, the pool was just right. The rooms are very up to date and comfortable. Open bar in the evening complimentary to the guests. I'm not sure you could ask for anything else from a hotel. Thank you for a great week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

great my first time me and my fiance ever stayed at a embassy suite hotel. The room was very spacious and neat. It was well stocked with what ever we may need. Upon arrival i had room service waiting for me and it was set up perfectly! Overall we enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel and it had a very romantic mood to it. I'd love to re stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
barefootfarmwife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Pros: Lovely facility with beautiful indoor atrium courtyard. Really beautiful to walk through when it is a funky winter day outside. Lots of greenery and fountains. Staff was wonderful and helpful, not a single complaint. Room was nicely decorated and furnished. Breakfast was incredible and FREE. Good parking, nice area close to highway but away from traffic noise. Comfortable bed and pillows.

Cons: Housekeeping isn't the best, sticky spots on kitchenette counter and misc. lazy oversights. The shower curtain was a disaster, the liner kept falling from the outer curtain due to loose snaps, got in the way of showering. Finally just took it off and left on the floor because I spent more time fussing with it than showering. Just kind of gross when it kept sticking to my legs. A minor issue, yes...but should have been handled by staff during routine cleaning as it was pretty obvious.

This is a popular weekend nightspot and was pretty festive and loud past our bedtime due to extended travel. People were enjoying themselves and we may have joined in had we not been so tired. Road warriors may want to avoid this place on weekends.

We booked a room for 3 adults and 2 kids and were given a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa. Sure, it was a suite but not the ideal room configuration for comfotable sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We loved our stay here and highly recommend the Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center. It was easy to find after exiting Rt. 400. There are many good restuarants nearby. We made a same day hotel change to stay here due to the indoor pool. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stay mostly with Marriott, but decided to strech out a little with the Embassy Suites. It was a good choice. We returned to the city and had several friends to visit. The hotel made a great base camp to meet friends.

The center atrium was bright and roomy with a large water fall. We had several places to sit, visit and have a drink. You cna either enjoy the free happy hour each night or the bar. Both worked well for our visit.

The hotel was recently renovated, not sure when, but it was nice to stay at a "new" hotel. the room was very clean and well appointed. The free breakfast was well worth the price and easy.

There is a great restaurant within walking distance and the shuttle is willing to take you to hundreds of places in the area inclduing MARTA to take you downtown or the airport.

We enjoyed to open space and larger room. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!