“Stay anywhere but here!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Rates From $109!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Stay anywhere but here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our first stay was Thanksgiving night. The clerk at check-in was not the usual friendly Embassy Suites employee. The kitchen ran out of food during breakfast (8AM). After sending a note to corporate, I received a very rude call from the manager. No apology, just mad that we sent a note. Second stay was mid December. Still not the greeting usually given. The chair in the living room was so stained we covered it with a towel. Blue nail polish was all over the bedside table. The clincher was a charge in mid December for over $300 for another guest. The manager, again, was rude and just said they would credit my account. That was done. Now, I have 2 more charges on my credit card for 2 other guests stays in December. I am in contact with Hilton Corporation, but this has shown me that this location is poorly managed and trained! I would find another hotel!!! This has been a nightmare to clear as the location's management seems perturbed that I bother them with these charges!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel was just OK. When we arrived for check in at 4:30 we were told we had to wait 5 minutes for our room to be ready. Twenty minutes later we were given our room keys. The room was fair. There was a musty odor in the room, an empty water bottle under the bed and two cans of an energy drink in the bathroom tucked in the rear of a shelf. We took the kids to the indoor pool. There were plenty of places to sit and the kids enjoyed swimming. However, there were no towels and we had to ask the front desk on three different times, over a 1 1/2 hour time span for towels. We finally got towels for the kids but what a hassle. The complimentary snack and beverages were the nicest I've seen at an Embassy Suites. Popcorn, goldfish, chips & salsa, pretzels, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and soft drinks. Very nice with great service during this time. The breakfast was hot and quickly replenished. The line for the fresh omlets was very long and we did not wait in line. The buffet line was OK and provided us with what we needed to start our day. The tables were not cleaned though and we had to bus our own table in order to sit down to eat. We did have hot water and the complimentary bath products were Crabtree & Evelyn which was nice. The hotel is conveniently located to a large shopping area, Target and several restaurants. There is a complimentary shuttle which will take you to this area.

Room Tip: It appeared that the first three floors permitted smoking in the rooms. Double check when making re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with the family. Great place with a nice gym and awsome indoor pool. Staff very attentive and friendly. Breakfast is fresh and decent variety. I don't think they gain any points by charging $10 x day for wifi that barely works. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited this property for two nights in December 2012 for a meeting. Check in was friendly and helpful. I am a elite member of the hotel's loyalty program so I was given a room on the top floor. The room had been updated in the not-too-distant past (i.e., flat screen TVs, etc.); however, there were some signs of wear and tear (wallpaper starting to peel in places, a little black mold or staining on the grout). The bed was comfortable. I liked the general design of the two-bedroom suite, the refrigerator and microwave were handy, and the shower water was hot - just as I like it.

The location is a plus or minus depending upon what you need. The location was fine for me since I was there for a meeting. I did not need to be downtown Atlanta. I had a car so the restaurants, salon and shops I wanted to visit were easy to visit.

The one major downer was that some of the staff were severely lacking in a customer service orientation. The people I encountered at check-in were great. Later in my stay, I was confronted with an inability to manage simple requests with a can-do attitude.

Would I stay at this property again? It would depend upon the circumstances. If I were visiting a conference hosted there, yes. If I did not need to be at the location for a conference, I would need to consider other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros:

The bed is great...Slept awesome...Very comfortable.
The Pillows are cool, you have a whole range of choices as 5 are on the be (mini pillows)
The linens are great quality and nice to sleep in.
The in-room decaf coffee is awesome, better than in the lobby/restaurant.
Half and half included,
Free happy hour with snacks from 5:30-7:30 is great.
Location, okay...but you either have to take the shuttle or walk a half mile or so to go anywhere., though there is a steak house at the bottom of the hill. Rental car is suggested, even if for a short trip to the mall (stores/eating).
Great breakfast! Omelets cooked to order!
STAFF IS AWESOME, very personable.

Cons:
NO WI-FI unless you pay an ungodly fee of $10 or more a day. Ridiculous amount. $1-2 a day, ok, cuz you figure most people are gone during the day anyway.
Hot water is never really hot....tepid and you have to wait 10 minutes for it to warm up. Aged plumbing?
The furniture had holes in it, one as big as the base of a coffee cup (on the couch) ...bathroom wooden stand was falling apart.
Lampshades falling apart.
Think of it as an elderly hotel that needs some maintenance....but if you aren't a fanatic for absolute perfection, it's quite okay.

I'd stay here again, but for the cost, and no wi-fi, and lack of hot water at times, I'd have to argue the price. I've stayed at better places for less money....having traveled the world. Don't expect 5 stars, but the people who stay here are mostly here for training nearby, so consider it a comraderie type place to meet other IT people. NO WI-FI? You gotta be kidding!

Room Tip: Be careful when booking multi-business people on one reservation...Some may want smoking and some no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Natasha G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear beachldyone:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We want you to know that we have worked with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that our rooms are meeting or exceeding expectations. Again, we apologize and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights. We had a standard 1 king bed, 2 room suite. It was a large size, about 400 SF, with a bedroom with a king bed which could be closed off from the living room which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was good sized.

The suite was entered by a door on an indoor corridor overlooking a large atrium. Three glass elevators overlooked the atrium, but not all seemed to work all the time. The first floor had the lobby, a decorative pool, a Starbucks and small restaurant, and a large area with tables and chairs for breakfast only. The breakfast had a good variety, with made-to-order omelets. Many people gave the omeleteer a dollar. There is also a small indoor pool. We had good sandwiches at the restaurant one dinner.

There were a few negatives, such as being able to hear your neighbors, a bathroom door not able to close, a broken toilet seat, and slightly worn furniture, but in all it was quite acceptable.

The service was good and friendly.

The hotel is a short distance from the MARTA Sandy Springs station. There is a hotel shuttle which picks you up when you call. You should wait by the Taxi sign. It is walkable, but not easily with luggage. Whenever you want a ride to and from there to any other reasonably close place, you ask for a ride, at which time someone jumps into a an old ?12 passenger van, which is usually available, and off you go. I never knew if tipping was usual, but I mostly tipped about $2. At least it was cheaper than a taxi.

There is no free WIFI, but there are 2 free computers in the Business room, which sometimes work, and a printer which may need ink. I asked 3 times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Last weekend marked our 10th stay at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center. It is the only hotel we will stay at in Atlanta and for good reason. Great rooms, great rate, comfortable beds, clean room and kitchenette, and the best courtesy van driver in Atlanta (Hector). Location cannot be beat and is within walking distance to the MARTA, Walmart, Perimeter Center Mall and Atlanta Bread. It is like visiting old friends.

Thank you Embassy Suites Perimeter Center and see you next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on lower level near elevator. You'll be one of the first to attack the wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!