“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights. We had a standard 1 king bed, 2 room suite. It was a large size, about 400 SF, with a bedroom with a king bed which could be closed off from the living room which had a sofa bed. The bathroom was good sized.

The suite was entered by a door on an indoor corridor overlooking a large atrium. Three glass elevators overlooked the atrium, but not all seemed to work all the time. The first floor had the lobby, a decorative pool, a Starbucks and small restaurant, and a large area with tables and chairs for breakfast only. The breakfast had a good variety, with made-to-order omelets. Many people gave the omeleteer a dollar. There is also a small indoor pool. We had good sandwiches at the restaurant one dinner.

There were a few negatives, such as being able to hear your neighbors, a bathroom door not able to close, a broken toilet seat, and slightly worn furniture, but in all it was quite acceptable.

The service was good and friendly.

The hotel is a short distance from the MARTA Sandy Springs station. There is a hotel shuttle which picks you up when you call. You should wait by the Taxi sign. It is walkable, but not easily with luggage. Whenever you want a ride to and from there to any other reasonably close place, you ask for a ride, at which time someone jumps into a an old ?12 passenger van, which is usually available, and off you go. I never knew if tipping was usual, but I mostly tipped about $2. At least it was cheaper than a taxi.

There is no free WIFI, but there are 2 free computers in the Business room, which sometimes work, and a printer which may need ink. I asked 3 times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Last weekend marked our 10th stay at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center. It is the only hotel we will stay at in Atlanta and for good reason. Great rooms, great rate, comfortable beds, clean room and kitchenette, and the best courtesy van driver in Atlanta (Hector). Location cannot be beat and is within walking distance to the MARTA, Walmart, Perimeter Center Mall and Atlanta Bread. It is like visiting old friends.

Thank you Embassy Suites Perimeter Center and see you next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on lower level near elevator. You'll be one of the first to attack the wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cowpens, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here in October and could not have been more pleased. The area is good for walking and the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle. The free breakfast was one of the best I've ever had.

We stayed in Buckhead last year, and this was by far a better experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here Christmas day visiting my mom in a nursing home. The staff were great, we checked in late due to our flight delay, no restaurants open for carry but the staff hooked us up with the only place open for carryout Chinese food. The staff also told us what was nearby and printed out directions to wherever we wanted to go. The Perimeter Mall is very close, we went the day after x-mas, very, very crowded but what a mall......they have everything..... a must see. Many fine restaurants within one or two miles from the hotel. The hotel has free breakfast every morning, even free cooked eggs and pancakes. Will stay the next time I go to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center in November, 2012 with my son and his friend for a birthday weekend. We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. As written in other reviews, the Embassy brand brings with it the expectation that you will have the Manager's Reception (drinks and snacks) as well as the Cooked to order hot breakfast. I also appreciate the fact that each Embassy has two-room suites with a locking door between them, as well as two TV's in each suite. They also have an atrium setting that offers guests a good place to hang out if they don't want to be in their room.

This particular Embassy Suites, I believe, is a little older than some other Embassy hotels. I'm pretty low-maintenance, so this doesn't bother me. That being said, I did notice that other reviews listed such things as the wallpaper peeling in places and little things like that. So I took a closer look this last time, and I did notice that there might be a small stain here or there (always in an out of the way place) or a worn portion of wallpaper here and there that might cause other guests to get upset.

As for me, I was very happy with my room. The facilities were first-rate and very clean. The indoor pool was in great shape as was the workout room. My room was also in great condition. The atrium was, again, a good place to hang out and watch football, have a snack/drink, etc.

Also, the parking is complimentary, so you don't have to pay extra for that like you would at other Embassy Suites where I have stayed. The location is excellent, with many restaurants and a good mall (Perimeter Place) very close to the hotel.

I will definitely stay here again. The property may be a bit older, but it is still one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent a weekend with my family at the hotel and we had the worst experience. Front desk staff is the most unprofessional staff I have ever experienced in over 35yrs.

I had booked & payed about 12weeks in advance and none of my requests were honored. Despite them printing this on my receipt, staff said that they did not have any rooms and we were put on the 3rd floor in a clearly smoking room. Although my entire family could smell the smoke staff was arguing with us that it was a non- smoking room. Later she had the guts to say, oh well, I guess they didn't put the fan in there, or would you like a fan?.....really?? After a lot of back and forth on how they didn't have rooms higher than 3rd level, we were eventually put on the 10th floor in a non-smoking room but still very dirty. Couch and floor looked like there was dry vomit on them.

While in the room, front desk staff kept ignoring us when we called for trash bags and when I went down stairs to get them, they said they were out. The hotel had no trash bags for the entire 3-days and 2nights. We had to use our own plastic shopping bags and the laundry bag.

Front desk staff are the most ignorant human beings I have ever met. They have a sign in the exercise room for complimentary earphones but when I requested, a female staff *sighed* like I was such a disturbance.

On our way out later that day, we stopped at the front desk to request no room service. A young male staff was sitting in back area facing our direction and did not approach the front desk for the first 3-5minutes we were standing there until the 10yr old with us said "he is just sitting there" - at which time he stood up and said "YES".

The hotel room was noisy, I am a sound sleeper but I was woken up several times both nights by kids/teenagers running around. We had to stick papertowels under the front door to block the light from outside and keep some noise out. The breakfast is aweful, potatoes are cold and soggy, toast is stale, oatmeal cold and sticky, fruits not fresh - just a total mess.

On a bright side, the bed is comfortable.

I had read some complains about this hotel prior to making my reservations but thought as a very patient person, I would "pack EXTRA patience" along with my luggage - but the frustrations and mistreatment by staff is not worth the price. The staff will do everything in their powers to treat you like an incompetent human being and that's sad.

Room Tip: Do not go there.(period)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Daniel S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve.

This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences that you and your family endured.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Again, we apologize for the issues that occurred, we will be sure to work with all of our team members to ensure that we make the necessary corrections.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Daniel Sawran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Like the title says, It's an embassy suites, you can't go wrong. We stayed for my birthday, we went to go see Passion Pit and Young Blood Hawke and came here after. I LOVE Embassy's. the room was up dated looking, the check in staff was polite and the breakfast was an embassy finest. If we're staying in this area again we're going to stay here again. 2 thumbs up. I'm not sure if the people rating this poorly have the right hotel!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!