“Perhaps a little older than other Embassy Suites, but still a quality hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center

Special Offer
Great Rates From $109!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
USA
“Perhaps a little older than other Embassy Suites, but still a quality hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Perimeter Center in November, 2012 with my son and his friend for a birthday weekend. We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. As written in other reviews, the Embassy brand brings with it the expectation that you will have the Manager's Reception (drinks and snacks) as well as the Cooked to order hot breakfast. I also appreciate the fact that each Embassy has two-room suites with a locking door between them, as well as two TV's in each suite. They also have an atrium setting that offers guests a good place to hang out if they don't want to be in their room.

This particular Embassy Suites, I believe, is a little older than some other Embassy hotels. I'm pretty low-maintenance, so this doesn't bother me. That being said, I did notice that other reviews listed such things as the wallpaper peeling in places and little things like that. So I took a closer look this last time, and I did notice that there might be a small stain here or there (always in an out of the way place) or a worn portion of wallpaper here and there that might cause other guests to get upset.

As for me, I was very happy with my room. The facilities were first-rate and very clean. The indoor pool was in great shape as was the workout room. My room was also in great condition. The atrium was, again, a good place to hang out and watch football, have a snack/drink, etc.

Also, the parking is complimentary, so you don't have to pay extra for that like you would at other Embassy Suites where I have stayed. The location is excellent, with many restaurants and a good mall (Perimeter Place) very close to the hotel.

I will definitely stay here again. The property may be a bit older, but it is still one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent a weekend with my family at the hotel and we had the worst experience. Front desk staff is the most unprofessional staff I have ever experienced in over 35yrs.

I had booked & payed about 12weeks in advance and none of my requests were honored. Despite them printing this on my receipt, staff said that they did not have any rooms and we were put on the 3rd floor in a clearly smoking room. Although my entire family could smell the smoke staff was arguing with us that it was a non- smoking room. Later she had the guts to say, oh well, I guess they didn't put the fan in there, or would you like a fan?.....really?? After a lot of back and forth on how they didn't have rooms higher than 3rd level, we were eventually put on the 10th floor in a non-smoking room but still very dirty. Couch and floor looked like there was dry vomit on them.

While in the room, front desk staff kept ignoring us when we called for trash bags and when I went down stairs to get them, they said they were out. The hotel had no trash bags for the entire 3-days and 2nights. We had to use our own plastic shopping bags and the laundry bag.

Front desk staff are the most ignorant human beings I have ever met. They have a sign in the exercise room for complimentary earphones but when I requested, a female staff *sighed* like I was such a disturbance.

On our way out later that day, we stopped at the front desk to request no room service. A young male staff was sitting in back area facing our direction and did not approach the front desk for the first 3-5minutes we were standing there until the 10yr old with us said "he is just sitting there" - at which time he stood up and said "YES".

The hotel room was noisy, I am a sound sleeper but I was woken up several times both nights by kids/teenagers running around. We had to stick papertowels under the front door to block the light from outside and keep some noise out. The breakfast is aweful, potatoes are cold and soggy, toast is stale, oatmeal cold and sticky, fruits not fresh - just a total mess.

On a bright side, the bed is comfortable.

I had read some complains about this hotel prior to making my reservations but thought as a very patient person, I would "pack EXTRA patience" along with my luggage - but the frustrations and mistreatment by staff is not worth the price. The staff will do everything in their powers to treat you like an incompetent human being and that's sad.

Room Tip: Do not go there.(period)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Daniel S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve.

This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences that you and your family endured.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Again, we apologize for the issues that occurred, we will be sure to work with all of our team members to ensure that we make the necessary corrections.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Daniel Sawran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Like the title says, It's an embassy suites, you can't go wrong. We stayed for my birthday, we went to go see Passion Pit and Young Blood Hawke and came here after. I LOVE Embassy's. the room was up dated looking, the check in staff was polite and the breakfast was an embassy finest. If we're staying in this area again we're going to stay here again. 2 thumbs up. I'm not sure if the people rating this poorly have the right hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business and i thought that it was great for what I was looking for. I'll give you a rundown on how they rated on some of the the things that are important to me when I travel for a quick trip on business:
Room: The room was spacious and clean. Suite was nice as I could put my luggage in the living room and spread out a little in the bedroom. Bed and linens were very comfortable.
Technology: There were an adequate number of outlets to plug in my laptop, phone, tablet, etc. so no issues there that I typically have with hotels. The internet was free (gave me a special code - ask for it at the front desk) and fast, and the TV was good quality (not grainy - real HD), and had all of the standard channels.
Bathrooms: Again spacious and clean - no issues
Staff - Staff was very nice and accommodating
Parking - Free parking in a garage right next to the building.
Breakfast - Breakfast was free and had a good selection of food - eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereal, juices, etc. Food was pretty good.
Getting around: good access to major highways 400 and 285. Easy to get down to Buckhead, Midtown, or Downtown areas.

Things I didn't pay attention to: Lobby, lobby bar/ restaurant, views from the windows. Although I didn't tour around much. the area is good if you want to be in the Perimeter part of Atlanta. Close to some shopping (Perimeter Mall, Target, some decent restaurants, etc).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had reason to be in Atlanta for three days with our four kids. The suite provided enough room for us and the kids appreciated the pool and hot tub which were kept well enough. The hotel itself is beginning to show its age, particularly in the bath/shower area, but is clean and service was great. The free breakfast saved my family $40/day at least and kids loved it. The chefs and serive personnel working breakfast and manager cocktail hour were fantastic. Location is great and you can walk to Perimeter Mall or take the free shuttle. Convenient to 285 and 400, so any business OTP is accessible. Trip to Acquarium was 40 mins in traffic, not bad. Affordable, clean, good pool, free breakfast are positives, but I hope they dont squeeze too much out of this hotel before updating some aspects of the rooms. We would stay again if needed.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is another example of a Hilton property placed in a great location. You can walk across the street and find plenty of shopping, a good choice of restaurants and bars, a movie theatre and B&N book store. In the morning, visit Panera Bread for coffee, pastry or a light breakfast. The rooms are typical Embassy Suites, the staff is helpful, and the indoor atrium relaxing year round. All in all, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay as high up as availability allows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The suites are great, staff is very helpful and the complimentary breakfast and happy hours are the icing on the cake. The shuttles to all nearby places makes this great value for money. Definitely a place worth staying at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!