“Nice remodel!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cumming, GA
“Nice remodel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great Perimeter location. CLose to tons of dinning and shopping! Easy access to MARTA and the interstates. Safe area, though.

Hotel is very dated when you pull up - right out of the 80's! But inside is a whole different story. The lobby AND the rooms have been remodeled. Very nice, very clean!

Had breakfest - buffet style, very good. Polite staff as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful and took a lot of time helping us find a kid friendly place to eat. The pool area was cltean and properly taken care of. The only complaint I would have is that the pool area was often out of towels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to So. Carolina. Room was clean and ready for us on our arrival at 4pm. There was a reunion going on in the lounge area so we opted to eat off the premises. Free shuttle service to any hotel within a 2 mile radius. Once we were finished we called for a pick up and our driver was there within 2 minutes. Quiet room, great breakfast (not free). Would definitely stay here again if in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Room was contempory, nice work station with many outlets for all my gadgets. The beds are comfortable, The concierge level food was pretty tasty and room service was always within 30 minutes. Gym treadmills little dated for interval training. Staff is very nice.

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Marriott is starting to impress me more and more. I travel a lot for work and would highly recommend this hotel. I stayed one night for business. The rooms have clearly been remodeled lately and even if not in my style they are nice. The beds are very comfortable. There is plenty of desk space with four electrical outlets up top. There are even two outlets on the lamp on the night stand. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was way above expectations. They had free Wall Street Journals and USA Today's available. The entire staff was cheerful, even enthusiastic despite it being 6:30 AM. There were made to order omelettes that I even got with goat cheese (goat cheese at the Marriott?!?!) and fresh ripe strawberries with the fruit vs the typical unripe melon (berries at the Marriott?!?!). There were even pecans and whipped cream and sugar-free syrup with the waffles and french toast. The server, Nom (sp?), was so delightful that I half thought it must be her first day-- but when I asked-- she has worked there for 7 years. Clearly, they are hiring people with the H-factor (H for hospitality) and staffing the morning shift with morning people. There was a shuttle, with a driver, Jonathan, who was also cheerful and drove me to my nearby meeting in the hotel van. Oh-- and the last two Marriotts that I have stayed in have offered Fiji water in the room-- THANK YOU. I don't know if this is a new corporate policy, but I am a huge fan of real water vs. the Pepsi/Coke Aquafina/Dasani filtered water with sodium added. Two thumbs up. I'd recommend and return. (PS- I didn't use it, but it looked like there was a very nice pool at this hotel).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel constantly with my job and I stay in a lot of Marriotts and Hiltons all over and you pretty much know what to expect from a Marriott, but this hotel has impressed me. I am currently on my third week here and I LOVE it. I don't even want to go home! The rooms are really nicely styled and modern and the bed has the softest pillows ever.

Now I am a Marriott gold member, so I do get the perk of free breakfast and dinner in the concierge lounge, but even if you don't get those perks, the entire hotel appears to be COMPLETELY re-done. Everything looks brand new and super clean. I am paranoid about germs in hotels, but this place looks spotless. You can tell the employees here take a lot of pride in the hotel and their jobs and everyone has been totally courteous. I have substantive conversations with the staff every time I see them!

Now let's go back to the breakfast and dinner perks for Elite members: the breakfast is the usual if you've ever had it from a Marriott (fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, various breads/pastries, eggs, bacon, and cold cuts.) What is different from other Marriott's I've been to is the dinner. It is a 100% full meal! Awesome salad of mixes greens every night, cheese platter, soup, and a meat and starch in buffet style, serve yourself portions. And the food is very good. The only downside is the fact that I've been here three weeks now, so I've seen the food repeated week after week.

Room Tip: It's true: you have to be a Platinum member to get a room on a high floor with a good view. The...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

a great hotel... recently redone rooms and lobby. beautiful. if you are near the perimeter mall, close to buckhead out GA400, this is the place to stay.

when we checked in, the man at the desk inquired as to the reason for our visit. i told him our second grandson was born in atlanta but that i didn't have a cigar to give him. that night, when we came back to our room, there was a gift box and card from him. inside? a cigar, a cutter and the card wishing us good luck. are you kidding? was this real? yes indeed. his name is akbar yungai and he did this all on his own. wow. It blew me away. i haven't had time yet to write to marriott about him but i'm hoping someone from the hotel will read this and let him know that i very much appreciated his gift. great guy, should make marriott proud to have him as an employee.

by the way, the pool area is very nice and only a minor, minor issue re. noise generated by MARTA, the local commuter rail line that runs very close to the hotel. also a shout out to nam and lou, the waitresses at breakfast. great job ladies. nam..your advise re. living in canton, ga was spot on. "way too far away". An excellent stay from a marriott platinum member-for-life.

Room Tip: try getting a room not facing MARTA, the local commuter line. not terrible but try anyway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!