“I was totally impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

ATL Fall Rates from $89
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida, United States
“I was totally impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel constantly with my job and I stay in a lot of Marriotts and Hiltons all over and you pretty much know what to expect from a Marriott, but this hotel has impressed me. I am currently on my third week here and I LOVE it. I don't even want to go home! The rooms are really nicely styled and modern and the bed has the softest pillows ever.

Now I am a Marriott gold member, so I do get the perk of free breakfast and dinner in the concierge lounge, but even if you don't get those perks, the entire hotel appears to be COMPLETELY re-done. Everything looks brand new and super clean. I am paranoid about germs in hotels, but this place looks spotless. You can tell the employees here take a lot of pride in the hotel and their jobs and everyone has been totally courteous. I have substantive conversations with the staff every time I see them!

Now let's go back to the breakfast and dinner perks for Elite members: the breakfast is the usual if you've ever had it from a Marriott (fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, various breads/pastries, eggs, bacon, and cold cuts.) What is different from other Marriott's I've been to is the dinner. It is a 100% full meal! Awesome salad of mixes greens every night, cheese platter, soup, and a meat and starch in buffet style, serve yourself portions. And the food is very good. The only downside is the fact that I've been here three weeks now, so I've seen the food repeated week after week.

Room Tip: It's true: you have to be a Platinum member to get a room on a high floor with a good view. The...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

a great hotel... recently redone rooms and lobby. beautiful. if you are near the perimeter mall, close to buckhead out GA400, this is the place to stay.

when we checked in, the man at the desk inquired as to the reason for our visit. i told him our second grandson was born in atlanta but that i didn't have a cigar to give him. that night, when we came back to our room, there was a gift box and card from him. inside? a cigar, a cutter and the card wishing us good luck. are you kidding? was this real? yes indeed. his name is akbar yungai and he did this all on his own. wow. It blew me away. i haven't had time yet to write to marriott about him but i'm hoping someone from the hotel will read this and let him know that i very much appreciated his gift. great guy, should make marriott proud to have him as an employee.

by the way, the pool area is very nice and only a minor, minor issue re. noise generated by MARTA, the local commuter rail line that runs very close to the hotel. also a shout out to nam and lou, the waitresses at breakfast. great job ladies. nam..your advise re. living in canton, ga was spot on. "way too far away". An excellent stay from a marriott platinum member-for-life.

Room Tip: try getting a room not facing MARTA, the local commuter line. not terrible but try anyway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. Meeting location was very close and therefore very convenient. Perimeter Mall was blocks away as was ample shopping and dining options. If you drive, be prepared for Atlanta's notorious traffic.

Public areas of this Marriott are very nice, contemporary. But the rooms were so-so. I'm told that Marriott Rewards members who are frequent guests get much better rooms. I understand but it seems you'd try to impress a first-timer so they would want to return. On to the details: My room had 1 QN beds, very comfortable; desk; TV and very very small bathroom. No vent in bathroom. My room was also located next door to housekeeping's storage area for that floor...I will always request to be as far from that as possible. Cleaning staffers must congregate there in the mornings to prep for the day and collecting their equipment for the day, not to mention their chatter, gets loud especially if you are not planning to wake up at 7 a.m.

Also there was construction happening at the hotel so the view was of work equipment. Front-desk staff were personable and helpful even though check-in wait was long. I did not eat/drink in bar area but it was very lively at nights.

The gym was small but serviceable. I wish their had been wipes to clean equipment before/after use. You also had to go through indoor pool area to get to gym but the view of outdoor pool was nice. Free fresh fruit was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near cleaning staff's storage areas.
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed just one night. We booked the family 2 room special on a Saturday night. For $119.00 plus tax we received two rooms with a connecting interior door. A great set up for a family. It was a great deal.

We were given rooms on the 12th floor. There was no freeway noise eventhough our room faced the freeway.

The rooms and bathrooms were very, very nice! The rooms should be model for other Marriott properties that need a face lift. The staff was very helpful!

The hotel has a great location, just accross the street from the Perimeter Center Mall. And there are many restaurants to choose from. We really like the California Pizza Kitchen which is a two minute drive from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We did an event for our business at this hotel and from the moment we walked in the door honestly you would have thought 5 star! From the Ambassadors at the door to every person we came in contact with was unbeleivable which is why I titled this just that. I travel to hotel after hotel each week and it doesn't matter necessarily what the brand it, what matters is how the place is run and how happy the employees are. This hotel was outstanding in every way period! There was not someone who wasn't making sure that every need was met, including the security guy who we actually thought was with banquets and we kept asking for a few things and he said "I will get that anwser for you" and he did. Everyone reflects the fabulous customer service attitude at this hotel. Great job! to everyone at the Marriott, we will for sure book next year.

Leander, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Attended a two day seminar held in the hotel. My stay in the hotel was everything I could expect, with the exception of having high prices in its restaurant and bar. Breakfast was not offered as complimentary, and required one to seek elsewhere. No van service and quite a distance from Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport requires a car rental or expensive taxi.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I visited this hotel for his family reunion, and it was a really great stay! The hotel was updated and had all the amenities that you would need. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is a little on the small side for my taste, but everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!