“Great service, excellent food quality, decent value...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285
Transit: MARTA - Dunwoody stop
Description: Goldfish restaurant is located by Perimeter Mall on Ashford Dunwoody Road. Opened in the summer of 2000. The menu is a combination of pristine seafood, sushi and steaks. They feature the freshest fish from around the world. The interior boasts huge ceiling height and a massive oversized mural from Leigh Smith Cathedral. Housing a 600 gallon salt water aquarium with beautiful sea creatures. Live entertainment nightly makes goldfish one of Atlanta's favorite places to meet for a fabulous cocktail and enjoy a first class dining experience! Our specialties include fresh Chilean Sea Bass prepared Hong Kong Style or one of our Chef's Specials that change daily. EVERY DAY from 4:30- 6:00 pm we offer $5 Fresh Catch of the Day and 1/2 Price 8 oz Filet Mignon and N.Y Strip Steaks. Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome. Whether you are in the mood for seafood, sushi or steak- Goldfish will exceed your dining desires from start to finish.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service, excellent food quality, decent value...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Family in from out of town so I picked one of my favorite "here to serve" locations. Once they figured out who was going to wait on us service was great. Good and drinks came out fast, pre bussing was quick, no one waited for refills etc...

Food quality was as always excellent, portions of the proteins especially the fish were on the small side for the price. That is the only issue. Seafood tower was solid but not amazing again based on value. Place was slow but it was a super rainy 4th of July so you would expect that, still has a great vibe!

Desserts were outstanding!!

Overall Goldfish is still one very solid, can't go wrong Seafood restaurant. Value is really the only issue but it is tough in high rent places like Perimeter mall!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

A bit pricey, but the quality of the food was very good and the service provided by our server Tippy was excellent. For overall menu selection in the Perimeter area, I might go with Chequers, but you can't go wrong with Goldfish. Live piano was pleasant and helped to overcome the otherwise noisy environment.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alpharetta, Georgia
“''Disappointing seafood restaurant that failed to live up to the hype.''”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My review seems to buck the trend of most others, but I certainly cannot substantiate a mid- to high-star rank after our visit tonight.

We dined at this location tonight as first timers, looking for some tasty seafood in a nice atmosphere. It started off on the wrong foot (literally) as we were being led to our table, when a waiter cut in front of us and then proceeded to drop a tray of food, causing some of its contents to splash onto our shoes (without an apology.)

The outdoor seating is nice but a bit of a table squeeze. We were visited by our waiter, whose friendliness and personality was average at best. We saw very little of him, as other waiter(s) brought our entrees, filled our waters and dropped off the check.

I was surprised at their soup options--- how does a seafood restaurant not have a chowder or a bisque ? We opted for the Summer Corn Soup, which talked of inclusion of lump crab meat. It barely contained any, and can best be described as a corn purée / baby food consistency. No bread or crackers served.

The portions were adequate but overpriced and of mediocre taste. My wife's Crab Cake entree was much better than my own, as it contained tons of lump meat and little filler. The flavor was decent. My entree, the Crab Stuffed Shrimp, was a big letdown. Bland tasting shrimp (which still had the peelable tails on them) was the primary item; I opted for the Pepper Jack risotto which had a decent taste but ended up hurting my stomach (I love and can tolerate spicy foods--- no reason for this to do that.).

Dinner was in excess of $50 --- and we didn't even order soft drinks, let alone liquor. I cannot come close to validating that total given our experience. Given the multitude of restaurants in this area, it is highly unlikely that we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Goldfish is Golden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

You just cannot go wrong at this place. The sushi is wonderful; try the steak sushi and you will be a believer. Also, don't forget to order the black and white calamari.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Fl
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious meal and a fun evening. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. Our waitresses a ton of fun, and knew the pace we wanted for our meal. We started with the Goldfish sushi as an appetizer, perfect. Wine by the glass menu was plentiful, with a nice size pour. I had the lemon pepper Mahi Mahi, and my husband had the Shrimp and Grits. Both were delicious, with beautiful presentation and tasty sauces. After our meal we went inside to listen to the piano player, who was terrific. The interior is vibrant and beautiful. I wish we lived closer, I could easily see this as a place we would come to often!

Visited June 2013

Been to Goldfish? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Goldfish, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.