“Great choice” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285
Transit: MARTA - Dunwoody stop
Description: Goldfish restaurant is located by Perimeter Mall on Ashford Dunwoody Road. Opened in the summer of 2000. The menu is a combination of pristine seafood, sushi and steaks. They feature the freshest fish from around the world. The interior boasts huge ceiling height and a massive oversized mural from Leigh Smith Cathedral. Housing a 600 gallon salt water aquarium with beautiful sea creatures. Live entertainment nightly makes goldfish one of Atlanta's favorite places to meet for a fabulous cocktail and enjoy a first class dining experience! Our specialties include fresh Chilean Sea Bass prepared Hong Kong Style or one of our Chef's Specials that change daily. EVERY DAY from 4:30- 6:00 pm we offer $5 Fresh Catch of the Day and 1/2 Price 8 oz Filet Mignon and N.Y Strip Steaks. Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome. Whether you are in the mood for seafood, sushi or steak- Goldfish will exceed your dining desires from start to finish.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I dined here last Sunday,1/20,and couldn't have had a better experience. We arrived at 5:30 pm and were surprised to find a nearly empty dining room,but the Falcons were playing in thr Georgia Dome at that time.
We were seated immediatlyand our server John appeared to answer any questions about the menu. We ordered the calamami and the crab spring rolls for starters and both were excellant,especially the spring rolls! They were very light and extremly fresh tasting.
My wife had the pan roasted trout,while I had the bacom wrapped scallops. Both were exceptional.The presentation and flavors were first class. WE shared an order of bread pudding with Jack Daniels flavored ice cream for dessert...don't miss this treat.
John,our server,was one of the finest I have ever experienced. He was always there when needed'but never intrusive.
Our tab,including 2 drinks,was $87,very reasonable for the quality of food and the level of servive that we received. We will make it a point to return anytime we visit Atlanta.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice atmoshpere, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My feelings were a bit mixed overall - the bottom line is that the food is pretty good, but not over-the-top. A bit expensive for some things that shouldn't be. I was perplexed by the menu - while the main course items were pretty reasonably priced, some prices for appetizers and add-ons were startlingly high. I was here for a family gathering of 6 people. I would have sprung for a dozen raw oysters but was shocked to learn that it would set me back by $26- for run-of-the-mill east coast oysters. Meanwhile you can order 6 large crab-stuffed jumbo shrimp with whipped potatoes and lobster cream for less than $20. In the end, we ordered dinner for 6 with only a couple of appetizers (I had a half-order of the baby spinach and arugula salad with goat cheese, pine nuts and cranberries - which was delicious and just 7.95) - one member of the party ordered a couple of sushi rolls, the rest had crab cakes, stuffed shrimp, Mahi-mahi, and Chilean sea bass prepared Hong Kong style and Oscar style, one dessert and a couple of cups of coffee. Total tab including a 15% tip - $250. Not crazy expensive, but no one ordered any drinks- alcoholic or otherwise - except the two cups of coffee and one cup of tea at the end of the meal. if you don't pay careful attention to the prices of the items you are ordering here you could be in for quite a shock when you receive the tab.

Important to note here that everyone in our party was happy with the quality of the food, but will not remember it as being outstanding, either. No serious complaints, but not raving about Goldfish either.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Ambiance is so cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a fun restaurant with very decent food. I treated my husband to dinner here for his birthday. We went on a Saturday night at 5:00pm. We had resevations (which I recommend because this place is adjacent to a mall and can fill up quickly with shoppers).

Best Thing We Ate:

Lobster Tempura - Crispy with a perfectly cooked clump of lobster meat. Simply delicious and I highly recommend it.

Bread Pudding -If you like bread pudding, this is a great one to try. The liquor infused ice cream is just over the top decadent.

Scallops and Bacon -WOW! All I can say. It comes with some type of potato and onion heaven underneath the scallops. If you like bacon and scallops, this may be the best you ever taste. The taste of the bacon soaked completely through the scallops and created the best combination ever. The scallops were perfectly cooked. Just a perfect dish.

Cheesecake-Not your average cheesecake. This is a must have.

Not the Best Thing We Ate:

Bar B Que Salmon and Cheese Grits -This was a little sad. Not much taste. When I hear bar b que salmon, I think of a perfectly grilled piece of salmon with a lovely sweet sauce. This was kind of mushy, like it was baked. The cheese grits didn't mesh well with the sauce. I didn't eat it and I left it on my plate.

Ceasar Salad-Just awful. The dressing was bland and tasted like mayonaise.

Just Mediocre:

Moscato Wine- Nice but not the best I have ever had
Shrimp and Grits-The grits were cooked perfectly and the shrimp was very nice, but something was missing from this New Orleans classic. It wasn't completely pulled together.

Service- Our waiter was nice, but could have been slightly more attentive.

Ambiance:

Loved, loved , loved it. The big fish tank with the sgorgeous fish set the mood as soon as you walk in. The 80's and 90's soul rock music in the background is uplifting and makes you want to party. After 6:00pm, a great musician comes in and plays live jazz music. The bar is nice and seperated slightly from the rest of the restaurant. The environment is geared towards adults and older children, but they do not shy away from inviting toddlers and babies. I would suggest that you leave the smaller babies at home (kids under six) during dinner hours. The place was a bit dark but this was perfect for my hot date with the hubby. Just a FYI, they also have a banquet style room in the back that you can rent for special occasions.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Makes Shopping trips a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love the Sushi and the wait staff. Alex the Sushi Chef is an artist and a doll! It is always fresh and prepared in a manner that is truly beautiful to look at and enjoy!

The Sushi bar itself is a little too high for my liking.

Visited December 2012
Woodstock, Georgia
“Great Seafood Stop on the Northside Perimeter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love this restaurant! Great Bar to stop by for an afternoon cocktail! Outstanding Seafood Tower, Calamari and creamy Oysters Rockefeller. Great fresh catches everyday! My wife loves the Artic Char and Yellow Fin Tuna. I also occasionally enjoy their 24oz Cowboy Ribeye. Great service and good wine knowledge! Great place to take people looking for something new and exciting!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Goldfish? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Goldfish, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.