“Good Sushi but Not Great for the $” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 50 restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285
Transit: MARTA - Dunwoody stop
Description: Goldfish restaurant is located by Perimeter Mall on Ashford Dunwoody Road. Opened in the summer of 2000. The menu is a combination of pristine seafood, sushi and steaks. They feature the freshest fish from around the world. The interior boasts huge ceiling height and a massive oversized mural from Leigh Smith Cathedral. Housing a 600 gallon salt water aquarium with beautiful sea creatures. Live entertainment nightly makes goldfish one of Atlanta's favorite places to meet for a fabulous cocktail and enjoy a first class dining experience! Our specialties include fresh Chilean Sea Bass prepared Hong Kong Style or one of our Chef's Specials that change daily. EVERY DAY from 4:30- 6:00 pm we offer $5 Fresh Catch of the Day and 1/2 Price 8 oz Filet Mignon and N.Y Strip Steaks. Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome. Whether you are in the mood for seafood, sushi or steak- Goldfish will exceed your dining desires from start to finish.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Sushi but Not Great for the $”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went here for a solo dinner after visiting a client in the area. There were plenty of chains around, but I tried this because they had sushi, I hadn't heard of the place, and it looked appealing with their outdoor seating and upscale feel inside.
The sushi didn't disappoint. I found their wines on the expensive side for what they were, so with one sushi entree and 2 glasses of wine, my bill was $50 (before tip). I really liked this place as well as the service. And I might even go back when in the area again, but I've also been to much nicer restaurants for $50/head.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Ok food, poor service attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you have average sushi you can go far but if the service attitude is so poor then you are really looking for trouble. From the door greeting, the table service to the kitchen refusing to make certain dishes because its 9:40m.

The owner needs to visit more and the staff need tons of training and motivation.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
haleyville
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good sushi. I had the whole catfish and it was amazing! My nephew wend and had grilled shrimp and they were wonderful!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“A good choice if you are in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had Sunday lunch at Goldfish today and it was a good experience, The food was very good & the servings were generous. I had the shrimp & grits and I would say it may be my favorite preparation compared to any other restaurants where I've had the same choice. We shared a Sushi Roll (Yum-Yum?) and it was great. When the server was at the table, the service was great, but far too often we had to flag down someone else for ground pepper, ketchup for fries, etc.- and the place wasn't busy so we waited quite a while for anyone to wander by. (We could see our server hanging out chatting with other employees at the the reception desk.) I have been there before & will go again, and if I rated on service alone this time, it would be a 3, but the food was so good I give it a 4 .

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johns Creek, Georgia
“NOISY, but the best Shrimp and Grits anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

NOISY, but the best Shrimp and Grits anywhere - This is a very noisy and busy restaurant, but the food it great!

Visited November 2012

Been to Goldfish? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Goldfish, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.