“Great for a special occassion!” 4 of 5 stars

(770) 730-8447
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Perimeter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Metro Atlanta
“Great for a special occassion!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Capital Grill for our anniversary last week. Valet parking was complimentary and quick. I am not sure if we had a reservations since my husband arranged dinner. Once at our table, the server was very knowledgeable about the menu. We were giving a bread basket with three different types of hot bread and butter. I had a bowl of lobster bisque that had the largest pieces of lobster I've seen in this soup. I was offered sherry which enhanced my bisque. This was delicious! The server was attentive with cleaning our crumbs and any loose paper. For dinner I had the crab and lobster cakes and shared the side dishes with my husband. We ordered the green beans (crispy) and lobster mac and cheese. The mac and cheese had a wonderful flavor but is not your typical BAKED mac and cheese but a loose consistency. My husband had an aged steak that he said was great. Once we told our server it was our anniversary she provided me with a rose, took a photo of us that was framed and given to us. We also were given a dessert. Our bill was about $130.00.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Now this is a "Steak House" !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've visited the TCG in Las Vegas which was very good and set a High Bar ! Well, the TCG in Dunwoody was even better! I had my AE Platinium concierge call to make the reservation for Dinner. The Dinner began well with the Valet Parking, Complimentary of course . We were originally seated at a table with 4 chairs but asked for a Booth which we were shortly reseated in a romantic side booth with candlelite. The server "Mike" shortly then brought my wife a pink rose before we ordered our Drinks. Which were an Appletini and their House Cab, which was decicious on both counts. I ordered the Chef's special which was a 12 year old bone in Ribeye with side order of Mushrooms and appetiziers which included the fried Calamari. My mouth is watering as I write this, my better half had the lobster stuffed shrimp and a side of the truffled fries. I had some of her shrimp as she had a piece of my steak, both was very good. The steak was seasoned so well my mouth tingled as it was flowed down my throat along with a little cab to cap it off. Also, the bread was very good, three different types were served and they were all very good. Our visit was during a busy Saturday night but the restaurant handled the crowd well. Our server was impeccable and I was amazed when removing crumbs from the table he gathered up every single bread crumb and never picked the scaper up from the table cloth. We thought it was odd when Mike took our picture with his own camera. However, before we left he handed us a framed copy of our picture signed by the chef thanking us for eating there that night. What a nice surprise! Great drinks, Great Food, Great Service, Beautiful surroundings and Great ambience. I will be Dining here again, plus a great place to impress your friends or family. The Bill wasn't that bad >$200.00, especially considering the level of service and quality of the food and drinks.

Milton, Georgia
“Great Bar Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a quick, early dinner at the bar last night and everything was excellent. Pablo does a great job of anticipating your needs and providing guidance on the menu. My wife and i love McKendrick's and this remains our favorite restaurant in Atlanta but Capital Grille provides a great option in the perimeter area.

Mountain View, California
“One of the best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Wow! First of all, this is the place to impress clients. Extensive worldwide wine list. Yes, it is pricey. But for high end tastes, there is a nice selection.

I recommend the Grand Plateau appetizer. Lobster, Shrimp, Oysters....enough for six. Their reputation is for excellent beef, but my choice was stuffed lobster.

Best I have had in years. The lobster was stuffed with a concoction of spices to compliment a full tail.

All sides are a la carte. It is not inexpensive, but your client will be impressed.

Rockville, Maryland
“Welcome addition to Perimeter area dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I regularly host a sizable (10-18 person) group for business lunches in this area, and was happy to check out this new Capital Grille. We have gone previously to the Buckhead Capital Grille, and I prefer this one. It's a new restaurant and the staff may be inexperienced - there was a glitch with my reservation and when our party arrived it wasn't handled as professionally as you would expect in this level of restaurant - but in the end we had a lovely private room with excellent service. The Christmas decorations up now are very pretty, the food is very good - virtually identical menu to the Buckhead location - and we were satisfied and would return.

• Visited December 2012