“not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
atlanta, ga
“not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have eaten at Marlow's several times since it opened in Dunwoody. The service has been fine, but the menu is rather limited, and the food not exciting. The turkey meatloaf is to be ignored, and hamburger fair. On one visit we ordered shrimp and grits (one of their better items) and they were out of grits!! It's not our favorite place, but is acceptable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

atlanta Ga
“Overrated and NO SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the 2nd time to eat at this establishment. The first time was about a week after they opened and I understand there will be some problems with service, etc. But I always give places another chance to redeem themselves. Ate here again the last week of December 2012 and the experience was just as bad.

Service was horrible...food was overpriced and just plain "blah". I ordered the crab bisque and it was more like a warm stew and bowl was very small. Just a tasteless bowl that tasted like it came out of a can.

A group of 4 ordered some wine and then were told.."we're out of that one"...so we ordered another bottle. Then we couldn't get the waiter to bring us water or napkins as we asked for that a couple of times.
I find "service" is one of the big issues here....there is NONE...

Also find that the servings are small and prices are high...love the Marlows in Alpharetta, but this Dunwoody Marlows may "tank" if they don't get their act together really soon.

Won't be back as I give it the 2 strikes you're out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Good food. Noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was very tasty and the menu varied at our first visit to Marlow's Tavern in Dunwoody, GA. The service was attentive, but slow coming out of the kitchen. It is a very noisy place. Don't go if you are looking for a quiet meal. I would call it very energetic. There was a large crowd on the deck and they seemed to really be enjoying themselves. We will try it again.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good, Though Inconsistent Food, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I have tried Marlow's Tavern in Dunwoody three times since it opened a few weeks ago. We are thrilled to have a good restaurant in Dunwoody, a neighborhood sorely in need of good restaurants. I would love to report that it is consistently excellent. I can report that the service has been consistently excellent - accommodating and attentive. The food, however, is somewhat variable. The burgers are excellent, as are the fish tacos. However we also had a chopped salad that was mediocre and a panini that was not good. Hopefully these are inconsistencies that will be worked out as they work on their menu more. In the meantime, I do recommend trying it and supporting this local, neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited August 2012