“Nice local bar for the area” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 53 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Irish
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Nice local bar for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were glad to see a nice bar with food move into the area. We have made several visits because we could walk from the house. There is limited outdoor seating, so it was nice to find a local place for a drink outside. The menu had several different dishes to try. We enjoyed the fish and chips, the stew and the salads.
They did a good job creating a pub theme in a strip mall environment. The dark wood bar looks good and is a fun place to catch a drink.
We were a little disappointed with our last visit. We ordered a burger. While having a bite, we found one of these plastic tabs used to close a loaf of bread in the meat. We pointed it out to the server, the manager came over and said he was sorry. Not did you want something different or hey the burger is on us.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This tavern has become one of my favorite "go-to" places to eat. They say it is modeled after a typical English pub but I don't know that for a fact since I haven't been to England. The menu also says it has a Welsh theme that you can see in the decorations.

They have a full service bar with friendly and helpful bartenders.

The food is fantastic. Everything I have had has been good. Portions are on the large side but the specials are more reasonably sized. They usually have a special that is not on the menu and the one I had last night was a pasta dish with salmon and capers. It was a reasonable sized portion. The meatloaf is huge and only the hungriest will be able to finish it. I helped my wife eat some of hers and we still had enough for lunch for both of us. She is a meatloaf aficionado and she loved it.

The flatbread is good and is good choice for those not wanting a huge portion.

For appetizers, try the Irish Crisps. I like to refer to them as Irish Nachos. They are nachos made with homemade potato chips instead of corn tortilla chips. You'll have to share them - it is a huge portion.

Hamburgers are good but not the best I've had. I ordered the Dunwoody Doozie and it was tasty. Fries are good - not too greasy or crisp.

They have a great bar that you can sit and order food if you are by yourself. There is a small area to sit outdoors if you are so inclined.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to O'Brian's Tavern? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage O'Brian's Tavern, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.