“Great food and friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Irish
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This tavern has become one of my favorite "go-to" places to eat. They say it is modeled after a typical English pub but I don't know that for a fact since I haven't been to England. The menu also says it has a Welsh theme that you can see in the decorations.

They have a full service bar with friendly and helpful bartenders.

The food is fantastic. Everything I have had has been good. Portions are on the large side but the specials are more reasonably sized. They usually have a special that is not on the menu and the one I had last night was a pasta dish with salmon and capers. It was a reasonable sized portion. The meatloaf is huge and only the hungriest will be able to finish it. I helped my wife eat some of hers and we still had enough for lunch for both of us. She is a meatloaf aficionado and she loved it.

The flatbread is good and is good choice for those not wanting a huge portion.

For appetizers, try the Irish Crisps. I like to refer to them as Irish Nachos. They are nachos made with homemade potato chips instead of corn tortilla chips. You'll have to share them - it is a huge portion.

Hamburgers are good but not the best I've had. I ordered the Dunwoody Doozie and it was tasty. Fries are good - not too greasy or crisp.

They have a great bar that you can sit and order food if you are by yourself. There is a small area to sit outdoors if you are so inclined.

• Visited August 2012